Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Formula 1 - a Great Waste of Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formula 1 - a Great Waste of Time
    Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 04:30

Mindless car (sickness), stupidity in a circle, wasting fossil fuel. Millions of spend for a gruesome spectacle, that will start again this weekend in Melbourne (Australia)

The only possitive aspect is this, that i always fall asleep if i watch this crap at TV.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 05:13
I have been hearing the revving and racing past my window all day as I was studying today.

It may not benefit you, and I couldn't care less about a bunch of cars going round in circles, but the event is making our city money.
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 05:43

Oh PoinDexter...

Don't be so Jealous... maybe one day Iceland will get a F1 Race too.

Gargoyle quite enjoys watching as you put it... "Mindless car (sickness), stupidity in a circle, wasting fossil fuel. Millions of spend for a gruesome spectacle, that will start again this weekend in Melbourne (Australia)".

Would you preffer to watch World Championship Knitting???... PoinDexter???...

or...

Perhaps you would rather pay to watch 2 Teams of Sweaty Young Men in shorts, running around on a Grass Field, Trying very hard (often in Vain) to pointlessly Kick a Ball into a Net... Then, by some miracle, if one team finally manages to Kick the Ball into the Net, they Jump around like Idiots (sickness) Hugging & Touching each other in an often Homo-Erotic Fashion! And to top it all off these men get paid alot of $$$$$ to do so! (sickness)

Gargoyle enjoys watching a wide variety of Sports... One of my favourites is Womens Beach Volleyball!

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 05:58
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Oh PoinDexter...

Don't be so Jealous... maybe one day Iceland will get a F1 Race too.

Gargoyle quite enjoys watching as you put it... "Mindless car (sickness), stupidity in a circle, wasting fossil fuel. Millions of spend for a gruesome spectacle, that will start again this weekend in Melbourne (Australia)".

Would you preffer to watch World Championship Knitting???... PoinDexter???...

or...

Perhaps you would rather pay to watch 2 Teams of Sweaty Young Men in shorts, running around on a Grass Field, Trying very hard (often in Vain) to pointlessly Kick a Ball into a Net... Then, by some miracle, if one team finally manages to Kick the Ball into the Net, they Jump around like Idiots (sickness) Hugging & Touching each other in an often Homo-Erotic Fashion! And to top it all off these men get paid alot of $$$$$ to do so! (sickness)

Gargoyle enjoys watching a wide variety of Sports... One of my favourites is Womens Beach Volleyball!

i must apologize, formula 1 is as much interessting like sailing and numismatics. SleepyDead

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 05:58
Who is taking the bait Gargoyle LOL

Oh - and you totally forgot to mention the artistic impression when those sweaty young men is diving and performing an act of "close to death" expressions, only paralleled by the finest Shakespearian actors. Wink

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 06:02
Originally posted by Northman

Oh - and you totally forgot to mention the artistic impression when those sweaty young men is diving and performing an act of "close to death" expressions, only paralleled by the finest Shakespearian actors. Wink

Football Phillistines

Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 06:09

Originally posted by Northman

Oh Well... PoinDexter is apparently a "Fisherman's Friend" afterall!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 09:29
I am a big fan of Formula one Racing.

For me is important a fellow Brazilian, South American, or Spanish driver win everyone else in the most important car competion worldwide.

It shows clearly we are number one in many fields LOL

Pinguin

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 09:37
Your right it is pointless...the V8 Supercars a hell much better!
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 05:34
I guess i would be thrilled driving one of F1 cars...

but i m bored to death watching F1 on tv.!
http://protostrator.blogspot.com
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 06:39
Originally posted by UvH

Football Phillistines

Most phillistines I know call rugby football, not soccer. And they are most definitely into cars.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 08:53
Originally posted by Brainstorm

I guess i would be thrilled driving one of F1 cars...

but i m bored to death watching F1 on tv.!

For me, the emotion of these last years was watching if Schummaher was going to lost the race LOL. I remember how I expected he blow up a tire or the team make a mistake at the boxs so he couldn't continue the race... LOL

I was a big fan of Ayrton Senna, the Brazilian car racer, and I always suspected Schummaher has something to do with that. I wanted that guy lost. Unfortunatelly most of the time he won Big%20smile.

The emotion was quite high in seeing up to he smallest detail of each race.

Pinguin

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 18:27
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Mindless car (sickness), stupidity in a circle, wasting fossil fuel. Millions of spend for a gruesome spectacle, that will start again this weekend in Melbourne (Australia)

The only possitive aspect is this, that i always fall asleep if i watch this crap at TV.

Formula 1 is far more interesting than NASCAR Dead.

BTW, what is the fave sport in Iceland?  Snow soccer or ice wrestling?

Edited by pikeshot1600 - 18-Mar-2007 at 18:28
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 19:08
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Well, Ulrich, I have to agree. I am sorry but I have to say it: mFormula 1 is a lot more exciting that the dog's races of the Inuit in Greenland! LOL
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:15
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Well, Ulrich, I have to agree. I am sorry but I have to say it: mFormula 1 is a lot more exciting that the dog's races of the Inuit in Greenland! LOL

just for clarificaton:
i think i saw more Formula 1 races than you both watched snow soccer, ice wrestling (that truly excists) and dog races in Greenland or others places.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 19-Mar-2007 at 02:18

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:26
One of the most exciting games to watch on TV has to be Lawn Bowls.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:31

snow soccer

what colour does the ball have? white?
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:42
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

One of the most exciting games to watch on TV has to be Lawn Bowls.

Interesting you should say that Omar, it actually isn't that bad to watch! As for F1, used to like it, but I am over it now. Wouldn't mind -as someone earlier said- to be in one though! Smile
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:56

Gargoyle must Congratulate Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari, for Winning the Australian F1 Grand Prix on Sunday.

Another of Gargoyles favourite Sports to watch (apart from Womens Beach Volleyball) is... SUMO!

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:58
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

snow soccer

what colour does the ball have? white?

hey, dunce, red of course...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>