Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Croke Park, Dublin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Croke Park, Dublin
    Posted: 22-Feb-2007 at 06:54

On the morning of Sunday 21st November 1920 in Dublin, IRA gunman burst into the houses of 14 British officers, dragged them from their beds and shot them dead.

later that same day a Gaelic football match was being held at Croke Park, British troops and police lined up on a railway line outside the stadium and opened fire in to the crowd, killing a further 14 people including women and children.

The event is commonly known as the first bloody Sunday.

This coming Saturday, England will be back at Croke Park for the first time since the incident to play Ireland as part of the 6 nations rugby tournament.

Both national anthems will be played as well as a two minute silence for the victims of that day.

I am greatly looking forward to a good game of Rugby, and look forward to sport playing a healing role between our two nations.

Ooh yes Come on England Clap

Edited by Lotus - 22-Feb-2007 at 07:29
IrishNation1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2007 at 20:19

Ha Some hope you lot have of winning lad. Give over Ireland are going to Rip you apart and kick you home lol, Well Originaly I was Opposed to the Rugby and Soccer being allowed in I must say but Hey the GAA Men will do anything for Money it seems. Its in now and thats that. As for Bloody Sunday, Yes that was a terrible day.  There is a differance in killing 14 Officers of a Nation your fighting and killing 14 inocent people who have nothing to do with the fighting. But all in the Past I suppose and its Nice to here about the Silence for the Victims to. May they all Rest in PeaceUnhappy I guess all thats left to say is

Sinne Fianna Fil
A t f gheall ag irinn,
buion dr slua
Thar toinn do rinig chugainn,
F mhid bheith saor.
Sean tr r sinsir feasta
N fhagfar f'n tiorn n f'n tril
Anocht a tham sa bhearna bhaoil,
Le gean ar Ghaeil chun bis n saoil
Le guna screach f lmhach na bpilar
Seo libh canadh Amhrn na bhFiann          P.S COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by IrishNation1 - 22-Feb-2007 at 20:21
Early this morning I signed my death warrant.
Michael Collins, to friend John O'Kane after signing Anglo-Irish Treaty in 1921
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2007 at 20:27
Originally posted by IrishNation1

Ha Some hope you lot have of winning lad. Give over Ireland are going to Rip you apart and kick you home lol,

The way they did the French?
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2007 at 05:53
Originally posted by Paul

Originally posted by IrishNation1

Ha Some hope you lot have of winning lad. Give over Ireland are going to Rip you apart and kick you home lol,

The way they did the French?

haha Shut up. The French were differant there second best in  the world are they not? And we were still winning up to the last 2 mins so I think that says a lot.  But England? Nah. Watch the game lad you shall see

Edited by IrishNation1 - 23-Feb-2007 at 05:54
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2007 at 09:05

Reading this article here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6389059.stm

seems like its going to be quite a match.

Hopefully the Irish wont be too upset as JonnieW runs one across the line in the last minutes clinching victory for England. Tongue

Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2007 at 09:36
Originally posted by Lotus

Reading this article here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6389059.stm

seems like its going to be quite a match.

Hopefully the Irish wont be too upset as JonnieW runs one across the line in the last minutes clinching victory for England. Tongue

lol Dont worry Friend we wont mind at all. Mainly because it wont happen. You lads better race home to avoid aall the Jokes as well after you loose lol

Edited by IrishNation1 - 23-Feb-2007 at 09:43
Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2007 at 15:06
HAHAHAHAHA 43-13 I think I rest my Case. COME ON THE IRISH!!!!!!!!!! Now All I want is for Wales to beat France. I want revenge lol. Well Sorry Lotus my Friend but Maybe next time lol. :)
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 04:23

Well done Ireland

I think that was the biggest defeat of England by the Irish, ever.

Also that must have been one of the noisiest rugby matches i have ever heard, the atmosphere there must have been incredible.

Its a shame Ireland didnt have O'Driscoll for the match against France, I reckon they would have had a good chance of a grand slam if they did.

Well done chaps, see you at the world cup. ClapClapClapClapClap

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 09:13
Haven't beaten the Italians yet....

Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 12:05

Haven't beaten the Italians yet....

Lol Shut your mouth Paul Im sick of your Attitude LOL. Also Lotus yeah I dunno we wer winning up until the last 2 mins of that game against France ya know it was hard luck. O'Driscoll may have made a differance. Well see yas in the World Cup, and Hard luck.  P.S Scotland are NextLOL

Edited by IrishNation1 - 26-Feb-2007 at 12:08
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 12:21
Scots always beat Ireland...Wink

Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 12:54
[QUOTE=Paul]Scots always beat Ireland...Wink[/QUOTE

lol After there Performance against Italy Theres not much hope in them competing with a Team like us now is there Triple Crown is Irelands Paul except it TongueLOL
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 13:07
We will win the triple crown, no doubt.

I like the English team and especially Jonny himself, his attitude and ability are undoubted. What I don't like, and what most people who have a problem with English sports, is the arrogance of the the media and the commentators, who overblow their their teams way out of proportion and patronise and lambast the opposition. It was brilliant to see England do badly in the soccer World Cup, not to see the honest dejection of the players or the loyal fans, but to wipe the smug and arrogant grins off faces like Wright's and Motson's.
{rant}
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 20:36
Originally posted by Dolphin

I like the English team and especially Jonny himself, his attitude and ability are undoubted. What I don't like, and what most people who have a problem with English sports, is the arrogance of the the media and the commentators, who overblow their their teams way out of proportion and patronise and lambast the opposition. It was brilliant to see England do badly in the soccer World Cup, not to see the honest dejection of the players or the loyal fans, but to wipe the smug and arrogant grins off faces like Wright's and Motson's.
{rant}

The bogtrotters could teach the english a thing or two about arrogance. Me parent were on the blower to me before half time to start gloating, and on the phone to the rest of the family in paddyland for an hour after the game.

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 11:37
The bogtrotters could teach the english a thing or two about arrogance. Me parent were on the blower to me before half time to start gloating, and on the phone to the rest of the family in paddyland for an hour after the game.

Ignorance, not arrogance.
And we're not all bogtrotters, just like not all the English are smug and arrogant.

Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 17:00

Originally posted by Dolphin

{rant}

Paul do you have some Prob with Irish People like Seriously lol

Edited by IrishNation1 - 28-Feb-2007 at 17:01
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 17:46
So true,

I'll get revenge though, I'll wear an England shirt to the parent's paddy's day kaylee.... even better, I'll bleach an Ireland one white.

Edited by Paul - 28-Feb-2007 at 17:49

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 09:52

Revenge for what? What has the entire Irish nation done to rustle your feathers so much?!

Did we steal your jobs or lower the property prices in your neighbourhood? 

Don't forget who you're dealing with, Paul we're all on the ''other side'' over here..LOL

Edited by Dolphin - 01-Mar-2007 at 09:54
Knight
Knight

Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 13:23

So true,

I'll get revenge though, I'll wear an England shirt to the parent's paddy's day kaylee.... even better, I'll bleach an Ireland one white.

Hes right paul. Me and Dolphin are just going to have to kick your ass im afraid :(
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 13:58
Like you've been doing for the last four centuries?....LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>