Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Illegal alien enforcement farce continues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illegal alien enforcement farce continues
    Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 14:30
Well, Chomsky is more believable, although Moore is a lot more fun.

Pinguin
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 16:05
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

So even if you don't give a banana about the lifes of illegal immigrants, tough measures are completely counterproductive.

Ironically, tougher measures against Mexican illegals may actually helped Mexicans.   In about 1992, the United states got somewhat serious about closing the border.  Hunderds of thousands of Mexican and otheres were turned back.

At that same time, Mexico had its first truly free elections in over 70 years.  There have been two free elctions since this one.   My guess is that the Mexican oligarchy realized that more difficult border crossing was eliminating their "safety valve" and hundeds of thousands of restless  young men might remain in Mexico.  Thus polical changes were instituted to "relieve the pressure" and prevent politcal unrest.

Edited by Cryptic - 25-Feb-2007 at 16:07
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 17:21
Okay, here I go again,

Janus,

The U.S. economy is dependent on illegal low wages. If those homeless people were so hot to get jobs, they would be in the fields already. Why aren't they there? Because the vast majority of them are mentally ill, and our lack of compassion and cheapness makes it the case that they live in the streets instead of having them in homes.

And really, only a few labor sectors are affected. I don't see illegal aliens competing with programmers for jobs. Nor I see them competing with accountants, doctors, managers, etc.

The U.S. is getting a big benefit from this by mainly having cheaper food and food security.

Cryptic,

What you said doesn't match reality. The democratic process in Mexico was the result of an ongoing political pressure since at least 1968. These created constitutional changes that allowed a few federal deputies, equivalent to house representatives in the US, to join the chamber according to the percentage of votes obtained in the election.

The 1980s also saw a big split in the state party PRI, creating for the first time a meaningful leftist movement, and the raise of civil, and sometimes violent, disobedience from the center-right party.

The elections of 1988 were considered stolen. The elections of 1992 were not considered cleaned either. In fact, the elections were stained until 2000, when a left and center coalition defeating the state party.

Furthermore, most of the people participating in these movements are not those who immigrate to the U.S. Most immigrants come from rural backgrounds and most of those people do not participate actively in politics.

There was no political change created at all. If anything, Mexicans are alarmed that the number of illegal immigrants have risen since the 1980s, and this is often quoted as evidence for the failure of Vicente Fox to make any real change.

The reason why things are so bad in Mexico is because it has an oligarchy that has achieved every goal of the plutocratic Republican Party in Mexico. A few rich businessmen constantly raid the government to further enrich themselves. They also enjoy a very low tax rates.

In fact, the Bush Republicans reminded me so much of the Mexican power elite that I became politically active to prevent that from happening in the U.S.

Finally, for all those people who don't want Mexicans in this country, I will remind them that if violence breaks out in Mexico, the U.S. will then see millions crossing the borders as refugees. And judging by the last two periods of violence in Mexico, a civil war there may last at least a decade or two.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 21:16
Originally posted by hugoestr

Cryptic,

What you said doesn't match reality. The democratic process in Mexico was the result of an ongoing political pressure since at least 1968.
Ok. I can conceed your point about the Mexican political changes not being rel;atd to a toughening U.S. Immigration policy.  
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 21:19

Cryptic,

What you said doesn't match reality. The democratic process in Mexico was the result of an ongoing political pressure since at least 1968.... 

Ok, I can conceed your point about the changes in the Mexican political process.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 22:54
One point you all seem to have missed is the fact that if the US and Canada takes in massive amounts of legal and illegal immigrants each year from the eastern hemisphere, then by 2050 the population of North America will be over 500 million when combined with all the mexican illegals. By that point the free trade union, NAFTA,  comprising of canada, the US and mexico will probably be in full swing and still rival the EU and China in economic production[instead of slipping behind significantly]. The population of China by that time would still be hovering around a billion and its economic production and productivity would have increased.

Now, the policymakers in Washington who obviously cater very heavily to the desires of big business are most likely working to make sure the economy and population of the US[north america] grows significantly by then to ensure superpower status for washington well into the century.

For that reason I doubt there will be any legislation to cut back immigration, in fact I think they might even increase it who knows. Thats been the trend for the last 40 years for sure. Any argument people make with regards to increase in crime, decrease in quality of life, less access to medical care etc will be dealt with but washington will never let them get in the way of what appears to be a long term policy of growth by immigration. I also suspect they will try to make abortions harder to have done for the same reasons.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2007 at 23:14

Because the vast majority of them are mentally ill

Your teling me mentally ill people can't be used to work fields, how about prison convicts our prisons are overcrowded let's replace mexicans with criminals. You seem to think that I am against the concept of slavery, I think it would be a welcome alternative to our current situation.

I don't see illegal aliens competing with programmers for jobs.

It's true we outsource all of those to India.....

The U.S. is getting a big benefit from this by mainly having cheaper food and food security.

But in the long term it is the mexican people who remain in mexico who lose out. What's going to happen when the US economy tanks and we hit a huge depression?

Mexicans need to stop leeching off of the US governments ineptitude. If they honestly want to move to the country legally, then there are channels for that. Is a mexican immigrant more worthy of the US immigration quotas than a cambodian or zimbabwean or venezuelan? If your answer is no than they should wait like everyone else, each of those countries are equally poor so don't preach to me about how expensive legal immigration is. Anyway thousands of people manage to do it legally every year, so there should be no problem.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 01:33
The U.S. economy is dependent on illegal low wages. If those homeless people were so hot to get jobs, they would be in the fields already. Why aren't they there? Because the vast majority of them are mentally ill, and our lack of compassion and cheapness makes it the case that they live in the streets instead of having them in homes

The Meth-Amphetamine trade is run by the Mexican Mafias, who are able to bring their drugs into America like its a walk in the park. Meth is a drug that makes you mentally ill.

B-Grade Meth used to be made by poor White people, but eversince the US made it Illegal to purchase LARGE quantites of cold-flu tablets, Meth overdoses etc etc declined sharply.

Then it was figured out that you can import the chemical direct from India in its purest form. Meth OD's etc etc rose dramatically, but US agencies found out why the streets were being flooded with Meth, they put an end to it. Meth use declined for a short while.

Then Mexican pharmacies (obviously mafia owned) were noted to be importing Massive amounts of cold-flu tablets, which were coincidently ending up on American streets....Right to the heart of America aswell.
But as America in reality has no southern border, the drugs are free to walk right in, out of American jurisdiction also.

America gets "cheap" labour, but do the neighbourhoods improve when the illegals move in, or do they decline. Ive heard certain parts of California are starting to resemble Tijuana. Ive never been there but the comparison is troubling, is it not ?

Edited by think - 26-Feb-2007 at 03:35
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 01:49
I didn't see 18th century immigrants filling papers of tribal admision when they invaded the territories of today U.S. If you are a white man in the U.S. you are not legaly there, under native american law, anyways

Why just the US, its not like Spain asked before they plundered. I bet if Brazil's Blacks were pouring into Chile, you would change your attitude quick smart.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 09:55
Janus,

Please, please, please, quote me in context. I believe I do the same when I quote you, and I wish to be treated the same way.

I said that the majority of homeless people in the U.S. are mentaly ill. These are the guys that stay in the streets for the longest. These are the guys who dont take advantage of opportunities.

Also, Janus, you must reconsider what you said about slavery. I am sure that it cant reflect your real position on the subject, knowing you for all this time.

Using prisoners for field work is actually an idea, although you do have the potential problem of people running away or prisoners doing something to our food.

I will remind you as well that when our business leaders outsource programming, they are giving work to citizens of other countries, not to illegal aliens. Outsourcing is a different topic, not related to illegal immigration.

Finally, Mexicans are not leeching from the U.S. They give Americans cheap agricultural products. They could come here legally as they did in WWII and during the 1950s, but the U.S. is not willing to allow for agricultural labor visas as they did back then. Why? Because then they wouldnt be able to pay then the low wages that they do.

The reason why Mexico should have special treatment is for several reasons, the most important being that the greatest number of illegal aliens are Mexican, followed that the reason for that is because Mexico is the Southern neighbor of the U.S. And that the flow to the U.S. is more or less predicated on how well the country does.

The U.S. shares responsibility in the conditions to a certain extent. For example, the unfair NAFTA agreements make conditions for rural Mexicans a lot worse, which encourages migration to the U.S. Also, the U.S. keeps backing Mexican governments that are friendly to the U.S. and U.S. firms at the expense of Mexicans. For example, the U.S. didnt make themselves a favor when they backed the current president of Mexico, who will continue the same policies that have driven Mexicans across the border.

This cycle is so clear that some Mexicans believe that the NAFTA agreement was design to drive people into deep poverty in Mexico to force them to work in the U.S. in agriculture.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 10:08
Think,

With all due respect, I must make it clear that there is no such thing as a Mexican Mafia or Mafias. Mexico has drug trafficing gangs, and they pretty much just focus on that activity.

Also, you got your facts wrong about the availability of sudaphrine in Mexico. I went to Mexico last summer, and I couldnt get sudafed sold to me without a prescription, even though I could barely breathe and I can get this medicine without a prescription in American pharmacies.

And you make a really good point, though: should the U.S. focus on stopping drug trafficers or honest immigrants? Given a choice, law enforcement always will go after the least dangerous people, so you will see them hunting honest immigrants while forgetting about the drug trafficers.

Also, where is your sense of personal responsibility, Think? You make it sound like all of the people in the heart of America, that pure land of goodness, are a bunch of imbecils who will take any drug offered to them. The only reason why there is drug trafficing is because there is a drug market in the U.S. And for crystal meth, it is located mainly in good conservative state in the heartland.

Finally, your last point seems to show that you have problem with them because they are Mexican. Am I mistaken?

And let me answer for Pinguin as well.

The American West was colonized by thieves. And it doesn't absolved them if the lands were stolen by other people before. Most pioneers were land thieves, stealing land that legally belongs to other Americans after the nation stole the land from Native Americans and Mexico.

Is this why you are so afraid of Mexican immigration? It reminds you of the historical sins of America?
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 14:05

Most pioneers were land thieves, stealing land that legally belongs to other Americans after the nation stole the land from Native Americans and Mexico.

Is this why you are so afraid of Mexican immigration? It reminds you of the historical sins of America?

Spare me Confused.  

The lands were stolen from Mexico in much the sameway that the Mexican stole them from the Spanish wo in turn stole them from the  original peoples who in much the same way that the original peoples stole them from other original peoples.  Why do you seem fixated only on the portion of the equation dealing with the United States?

Actual history is a little bit more complex than what you portray.   Most of the Hispanic residents of California and New Mexico never considered themselves to be "Mexicans" (and still don't)  and were not inclined to fight for Mexico and thus most did not resist the U.S. Army.

The United States has about as much right to the area as the Mexicans do in the Yucatan Penninsula (That area was adminsitred dirctly form Spain and was not originally intended ot be part of Mexico.  Yes the Mexicans incorporated it with their own version of Manifest Destiny.  

Also, mass migration is not immigration.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 14:23
Originally posted by Cryptic

Mass migration is manifest destiny Wink

Edited by pinguin - 26-Feb-2007 at 14:24
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 17:02
Originally posted by Cryptic

The lands were stolen from Mexico in much the sameway that the Mexican stole them from the Spanish wo in turn stole them from the original peoples who in much the same way that the original peoples stole them from other original peoples. Why do you seem fixated only on the portion of the equation dealing with the United States?

I fixate on Americans stealing lands from other Americans because many Americans, especially the conservative ones, have a very faulty memory.

I am not talking about the U.S. stealing land from Mexico, with an illegal war, and with false pretenses. I am talking about pioneers who stole land from other Americans who owned it by squatting.

The situation of pioneering squatters was so bad, that the U.S. ended up legalizing it.

If anything, the pioneers were greater "criminals" since they <i>stole land</i> as they immigrated into the West.

Everything that modern poor conservative Americans accuse Mexicans of doing are things that their American ancestors did: moved illegally into lands that were not theirs, refused to learn the language of the natives, refused to integrate culturally, and eventually integrated the land into another nation.

And unlike the Mexicans immigrating today, the pioneers would have caused political problems in Eastern U.S.. Their move to the West was the famous escape valve that is talked so much about.

Everyone glosses over this. In fact, we work really hard into idealizing and sanitazing their ancestor's misdeeds.

[n]Why? Because the force that pushed these people into committing these land-stealing crimes was extreme poverty. Even if they committed crimes, they did so because of their famlies.

And it is because of their extreme poverty why I give American pioneers a break.

And that is why we should be compassive towards modern illegal aliens. Because most of the people living in this country today came her pushed by the same pressures, at different times in history. Because we wouldn't like having our ancestors treated and talked the way we talk about illegal immigrants today.

As I said before, we can be compassive and still want enforcement. We should just grant the respect we want granted to ourselves, to our own ancestors, and to our children to other people.

P.S. So who is going to address my economic argument?

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 17:13
We are talking about the 21st century here. If you want change in the past, develope a time machine. Though doing so, you and me probably wouldn't exist.
Americans built up this nation, the US, we set our own laws, and made rules of immigration. Todays illegals aren't trying to make a new society, they are using to better themselves at the expense of Americans. If they want jobs, I'm all for a new workers program, but I don't like them shutting down hospitals and crowding our classrooms and putting expenses on schools to teach them differently from other Americans because they can't understand English.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 17:35
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

We are talking about the 21st century here. If you want change in the past, develope a time machine. Though doing so, you and me probably wouldn't exist.
Americans built up this nation, the US, we set our own laws, and made rules of immigration. Todays illegals aren't trying to make a new society, they are using to better themselves at the expense of Americans. If they want jobs, I'm all for a new workers program, but I don't like them shutting down hospitals and crowding our classrooms and putting expenses on schools to teach them differently from other Americans because they can't understand English.

Search And Destroy,

I know that it is an entirely different thing when the people that one identifies themselves get called names and is attacked, isn't it?

Well, saying again and again that this is the American nation doesn't erase the American nation's crimes.

I think that knowing how our ancestors behaved should give us insight and compassion to new immigrants.

You still may be right about the U.S. not being able to support them, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't treat them with respect. I am sure that Native Americans couldn't afford pioneers or pilgrims either

Again, I think that compassion is a much better way on how to work out a solution for illegal immigration than selfishness.

I notice that it is very hard for you to acknowledge the benefit that illegal immigrants bring to the U.S. Without doing so, it will be really hard to find a solution.

So please address my economic argument, and we can find together some more rational and compassive.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 18:44

Well, saying again and again that this is the American nation doesn't erase the American nation's crimes.
Crimes we can't change, we already give tax exemptions to the Native Americans, and I believe we give them free college. These are too the Native Americans in our nations lines, it's the best we could do with our generation.

And what does that have to do with Mexicans?! They are a modern nation too, if they want compassion and relief and they are going too see the Europeans as the evil, then go to Spain, or even the Mexican government. Why does the US have to give hand outs to people it didn't conquer?? Unlike the Native Americans, the Americans of the US can protect it's borders and the nation that the Americans of the USA built. If immigrants come from latin America, I don't mind so long as they do it legally and don't mind integrating into our society like past immigrant generations.

You still may be right about the U.S. not being able to support them, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't treat them with respect. I am sure that Native Americans couldn't afford pioneers or pilgrims either
I am related to a Pilgrim, so I don't want history changed otherwise I wouldn't exist. On top of that, I couldn't change history if I was asked too, so what do you want me to do when you bring up the past?
Compassion doesn't solve the issue at all, never has. I believe someone mentioned in this thread that the US once before made all illegals legals, and what has that solved? It gave us 11 million more that we have today. And if we show compasion then what? We lose our cheap labor that you support so much and say we raly on it. According to you that'd make more problems as we can't hire them to do that same job now, atleast not at those cheap prices you say they work at.
So please address my economic argument, and we can find together some more rational and compassive.
Economic arguement? We can't even agree on their pay which is the pretty much the whole arguement. I believe if the jobs were advertised, and from what I heard, the Bush adminstration taxed farmers more who were already struggling. If issues were fixed, and programs to make Americans aware of jobs, then we wouldn't have the problems and wouldn't need people.
Does that mean it will work, I don't know, but I'd rather do things for the American people who call this nation their home then people who already broke one law getting here.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 19:26
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

... I am related to a Pilgrim, so I don't want history changed otherwise I wouldn't exist. On top of that, I couldn't change history if I was asked too, so what do you want me to do when you bring up the past?

I would like to ask a question, now seriously.

If you are related to a Pilgrim, do you have at least a drop of Native Ancestry?

I Just wonder because the theory of genocide of Natives say , after eating the food the Native gave to the pilgrims to survive, your ancestors exterminated all the "red" people in return.

Was that true?

Weren't assimilation of Natives in the U.S, with Native Women marrying Europeans? Like happened in ALL the rest of the hemisphere from Canada to the Land of Fire?

If you have at least a drop of Native, no matter you are only 1/512 of Native, I could be convinced your ancestor didn't robb the land were you stand, but just integrated relatively peaceful to the new land.

By the way, don't you know many Natives call whites "the robbers"?

Pinguin

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 20:07
If you are related to a Pilgrim, do you have at least a drop of Native Ancestry?
I might have native blood, but not from the people in the modern United States. I might have it from anada, but it's not proven and I'm not sure it really matters if I did.
I Just wonder because the theory of genocide of Natives say , after eating the food the Native gave to the pilgrims to survive, your ancestors exterminated all the "red" people in return.
Didn't your ancestors do the same? You have European ancestry too.
And while the Pilgrims and Natives started off bad, they supposedly became quite friendly, starting with Thanksgiving where tribes were invited.
But even then having a Pilgrim in my family means that I probably definitly had someone who wronged Natives at some point. It's at about 14 generations since the Pilgrims arrived.
Weren't assimilation of Natives in the U.S, with Native Women marrying Europeans? Like happened in ALL the rest of the hemisphere from Canada to the Land of Fire?
Alot of the frontiersmen actually were adopted by tribes. The lone men that lived on the frontier, trappers and so on actually formed great relationships and had alot of respect for tribes, atleast the friendly tribes. And they often married into the tribe and they took on their traditions, not the other way around. Thats really the only history I know of with marriages.
If you have at least a drop of Native, no matter you are only 1/512 of Native, I could be convinced your ancestor didn't robb the land were you stand, but just integrated relatively peaceful to the new land.
Even with a "drop", that doesn't mean anybody didn't rob land. I could very well have both. And alot of Natives robbed land from other Natives. They are human too, and through out history you see it.
By the way, don't you know many Natives call whites "the robbers"?
Is that supposed to mean something? A term from white people is "Indian giver", where do you think that came from?

What was that all about anyways, besides just confusing me.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 20:07
Ameerica needs to grow a set of Balls. I fail to see how the average person gains from Illegal immigration, who would want Illegals in their neighbourhood. No one.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>