Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The best fighter aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best fighter aircraft
    Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 01:52
Anfører
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 02:42
There are new productions coming out. I personally am into the stealth planes... like the fighters shown in the movie, "Stealth". The AI fighter is so cool!

Join us.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 04:58
I think the Su-47 is possibly the most maneuverable aircraft on the planet right now, as well as on of the most breathtakingly beautiful. Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2p72ANEZA

The canard wings give it a sort of bird of prey look. Especially when it curves up as it "hovers" almost like an eagle about to land after a flight. Its amazing how slow it can go just by tilting and if you notice when it first took off in less than 3 seconds it had already made a 90 degree tilt flying straight up to the sun!
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 21:07
  1. The raptor by a long stretch. Though right now you would have to be the US to source and afford it. This is one generation ahead of the rest. Apparently they wont sell us this plane and we are close alliesOuch
  2. Eurofighter is advanced last generations fighter, can fight well and swing between roles.While holding its own against the flanker, it needs some of the latest tech enhancements to make it really effective.
  3. I read that the rafeale is great to fly matched up favorably with the f15  the in the ROK competition. Also read that it not as powerful as the Eurofighter but not as light as the gripen, meaning that it fall between stools in (other than Frances) air forces needs.
  4. Gripen is like a light single engine Eurofighter, different class of fighter. I think its the only 'other' western light fighter than the F16
  5. F-35; same generation as the raptor, is great at close support and strike which is what its designed for, cant win a dogfight against any other advanced planes, so it works in a high-low mix.
  6. what do we really know about the chengdu? thats a whole other thread.
  7. the Russian planes quoted are just experiments

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 22:14
True, a Raptor can use its stealth to own a Eurofighter but if the Eurofighter was operating in the coverage area of a stealth-detecting radar & knew the position of the Raptor things would be different.

Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 23:51

The raptor has alot more advantages then stealth on the eurofighter. The russian aircraft look like the closest rivals but until they are fielded they really cant be considered, though they look pretty in airshows. Remember alot of these aircraft are around 5 years out of serious production and still in testing phase.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Laelius View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 01:09

Eurofighter 2000

General characteristics

• Crew: 1 or 2
  • Length: 15.96 m (52 ft 5 in)
  • Wingspan: 10.95 m (35 ft 11 in)
  • Height: 5.28 m (17 ft 4 in)
  • Wing area: 50 m (540 ft)
  • Empty weight: 11 000 kg (24,250 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 15 550 kg (34,280 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 23 500 kg (51,809 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofans, 60 kN dry; 90 kN with afterburner (13,500 lbf; 20,250 lbf) each

Performance

F-22 Raptor

General characteristics

Performance

Stealth aside the Raptor is faster and more maneuverable than E-2000, and that doesn't consider the F-22s formidable electronic warfare capability. 

As for the Russian fighters on the list I'd say they are veritable no counts, neither the Mig 1.42 or the Su-47 will ever be built.  The reasons?  Simple these fighters would have extremely high price tags and still be markedly inferior to the F-22, which explains why the Kremlin is putting its money on this little beauty.

Sorry fellas but the Su-47 is for Air Shows, this jet is for combat.

Edited by Laelius - 18-Feb-2007 at 01:11
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 02:44
F-22 Raptor all the way! It is coming in to service soon, and will take down everything it takes on! 
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 20:32
Originally posted by Laelius

As for the Russian fighters on the list I'd say they are veritable no counts, neither the Mig 1.42 or the Su-47 will ever be built.  The reasons?  Simple these fighters would have extremely high price tags and still be markedly inferior to the F-22, which explains why the Kremlin is putting its money on this little beauty.

Sorry fellas but the Su-47 is for Air Shows, this jet is for combat.

I dont think they'll have the money to make the Raptorski either. The funding needed is definitely not there. Perhaps Russias recent political tough stance has side issues to open up the flood gates to sell their hardware to anyone that can buy it.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 20:42

I dont think they have the money either, but joint development with either the indians (like the brahmos) or maybe the chinese might be a option.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 10:43

I would go for the Eurofighter (with full weapons capability). May not match the Raptor in air combat, but beats it for all round air-to-ground capabilities, and a little cheaper. The Gripen is good for air-forces on a tight budget.

Reaper View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 14:55
Originally posted by Adalwolf

F-22 Raptor all the way! It is coming in to service soon, and will take down everything it takes on! 

I do believe they already are:

"As of late 2004, 51 Raptors were in service, with 22 more ordered under fiscal year  2004 funding"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-22_Raptor

Edited by Reaper - 29-Mar-2007 at 14:57
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 15:21
I have to say that F-22 is the best looking and it has the capability to fight nearly all aircrafts today. Though I have to say that the Su-47 is like the future generation of aircrafts with its forward swap wings that makes it more maneuverable than most aircrafts. So I have say that the F-22 and the Su-27 is the best Smile

Edited by Kamikaze 738 - 29-Mar-2007 at 15:22
Giordano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Giordano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2007 at 12:39
f-22 and Typhoon are good.Which one is the best,i don't know now and can't know to look at their features on paper,only.Rafale is not good as much as typhoon?

War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it.
Desiderius Erasmus
Laelius View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2007 at 18:49
would go for the Eurofighter (with full weapons capability). May not match the Raptor in air combat, but beats it for all round air-to-ground capabilities, and a little cheaper. The Gripen is good for air-forces on a tight budget.

No it doesn't the F-22 is far and away more survivable on account that its both stealth and in possession of a far stronger air frame. 
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 01:17

Sukhoi 47 - It has internal weapons place - It should be a stealth

BTW, Azerbaijan has recently bought 18 upgraded MIg 29th from Ukraine. Hug

Edited by Kerimoglu - 31-Mar-2007 at 01:18
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 01:19
The SU-47 has a lot of potential if all goes to plan in the testing period. The Russians have just further funded the development process of the SU-47. Once complete, it should definitely be a excellent aircraft, stealth an added bonus. Thumbs%20Up
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 11:57
Sukhoi 47 - It has internal weapons place - It should be a stealth
Internal weapons isn't what makes it stealth. Though it is needed for it to be steath. Honestly, just looking at the shape it doesn't even look like it'll be stealth, there are a number of factors that go into being stealth. The most important is the secrete paint that the US uses. From what I understand the paint has to be redone regularly and takes quite a few coats of it.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 31-Mar-2007 at 12:10
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 12:01
Well i dont know why but  Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut sounds good to meWink 
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2007 at 15:48
Well, Internal weapon is one of the reasons that US guys are worried its being stealth. Remember that US way is not the only way of hiding yourself from Radar. If u know S 400 - then u should know that US paint won't help to change the destiny
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>