Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World War 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Praetorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World War 3
    Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 20:09

He is studying the enemy, but this new enemy were facing is lucky that were not the Romans because the Romans would wipe them all out.

(thats if they were still around)

(just compare the Romans time to the modern-day, please dont take it the wrong way).

Edited by Praetorian
Liang Jieming View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Liang Jieming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 22:02
I happen to live in a region with a muslim majority.  Half my friends are muslims.  The anger is real.  That there are still muslim moderates is partly why it remains under control.  But the radicalisation of the muslim youths is already evident.  And it gets worse.  Muslims friends can jokingly tell you how everyone who isn't muslim is an infidel and if it came to war, he'll kill for his faith.  I don't particularly find that funny.

The average westerner doesn't understand islam and doesn't see the need to do so.  The average muslim doesn't understand the west and refuses to do so.  Dangerous mix.

Boths sides have stopped trying to accomodate the other, or maybe they never did if you compare the history of Christian vs. Muslim.  Many in the west have grown arrogant and deluded in a self-righteousness superiourity complex.  The Muslims have grown radically fundamental in outlook and see only a polar world of them vs. everyone else (not just Christians)

But taking a step back.  Just look at the array of countries with muslim majorities vs. countries with christian majorities.  While christians sit smugly on the largest swaths of land and tell everyone how much better they are or how righteous they are, muslims too are not far behind in land area and populations.  They too talk like you do.  They too believe that they are the righteous.  Like many westerners, they can only see the other side in stereotypes and are convinced of only their point of view... and they are more prepared to kill and die for it.

Compare world maps over the last two decades.  Islam has been expanding.  At it's best, Islam is as peaceful as you and I.  It is charitable, loving and forgiving.  At it's worse, they can be as radical as Christians on crusade.  This is made all the more true since boths sides view the other as the "infidel" or agents of the devil.

No other "cause" can incite a larger scale conflict than religious intolerance or the related racial intolerance. The 1st World War wasn't so much a World War as a Europe-wide war of the kind fought by Napoleon. But the 2nd World War was. Racial (with religious undertones) purity drove much of German, Italian and Japanese desires for expansion. Germans to create living space for the Master Race, Italians to regain the glory of Rome and starting by freeing Ethopia from the Muslims, Japanese to dominate the lesser asian races.

Sigh. Can't we just live our lives the way we want to and get along? The world is sadly, increasingly intolerant of others, and we are all to be blamed for it, Eastern, Middle eastern or Western.  We have in my city, an old muslim mosque built right next to an old hindu temple just down the road from an ancient buddhist shrine.  It is not unusual to see pairings like this, a mosque with a chinese temple.  A chinese temple with a hindu temple, a hindu temple with a mosque.  Our forefathers could manage it.  Why can't we?

Pakistan-India (Islam-Hindu)
Israel-Arabic States (Judaism-Islam)
Indonesia-East Timur (Islam-Christianity)
Gulf States-Iran (Sunni Islam-sh*te Islam)
Al-kaida-US (Islam-NonIslam)
Southern Thailand (Islam-Buddhism)
Algeria (Islam-Christianity)
Southern Philippines (Islam-Christianity)
Jaffna Peninsula (Hindu-Buddhism)
Northern India (Khalistan) (Sikh-Hindu)
Xinjiang (Islam-NonIslam)
Aceh (Extreme Islam-Moderate Islam)
Northern Ireland (Protestant Christianity-Catholic Christianity)
Bosnia (Islam-Christianity)
Chechnya (Islam-Christianity)
Armenia (Islam-Christianity)

Jieming
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DragonSeedLegacy

Edited by Liang Jieming
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 14:59

You cannot compare the West to the Muslim world. Population prehaps, but look at the wealth. Most Islamic nations are poor compared to western standards. Why do Islamic Terrorists justify killing innocent civilians as an act of good. I don't see in ANY religion that should be justifyed, and maybe if they can break out of there Islamic run governments and get a spread of ideas, they can see it too.

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Praetorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 16:43

Originally posted by Liang Jieming

I happen to live in a region with a muslim majority.  Half my friends are muslims.  The anger is real.  That there are still muslim moderates is partly why it remains under control.  But the radicalisation of the muslim youths is already evident.  And it gets worse.  Muslims friends can jokingly tell you how everyone who isn't muslim is an infidel and if it came to war, he'll kill for his faith.  I don't particularly find that funny.

The average westerner doesn't understand islam and doesn't see the need to do so.  The average muslim doesn't understand the west and refuses to do so.  Dangerous mix.

Boths sides have stopped trying to accomodate the other, or maybe they never did if you compare the history of Christian vs. Muslim.  Many in the west have grown arrogant and deluded in a self-righteousness superiourity complex.  The Muslims have grown radically fundamental in outlook and see only a polar world of them vs. everyone else (not just Christians)

But taking a step back.  Just look at the array of countries with muslim majorities vs. countries with christian majorities.  While christians sit smugly on the largest swaths of land and tell everyone how much better they are or how righteous they are, muslims too are not far behind in land area and populations.  They too talk like you do.  They too believe that they are the righteous.  Like many westerners, they can only see the other side in stereotypes and are convinced of only their point of view... and they are more prepared to kill and die for it.

Compare world maps over the last two decades.  Islam has been expanding.  At it's best, Islam is as peaceful as you and I.  It is charitable, loving and forgiving.  At it's worse, they can be as radical as Christians on crusade.  This is made all the more true since boths sides view the other as the "infidel" or agents of the devil.

No other "cause" can incite a larger scale conflict than religious intolerance or the related racial intolerance. The 1st World War wasn't so much a World War as a Europe-wide war of the kind fought by Napoleon. But the 2nd World War was. Racial (with religious undertones) purity drove much of German, Italian and Japanese desires for expansion. Germans to create living space for the Master Race, Italians to regain the glory of Rome and starting by freeing Ethopia from the Muslims, Japanese to dominate the lesser asian races.

Sigh. Can't we just live our lives the way we want to and get along? The world is sadly, increasingly intolerant of others, and we are all to be blamed for it, Eastern, Middle eastern or Western.  We have in my city, an old muslim mosque built right next to an old hindu temple just down the road from an ancient buddhist shrine.  It is not unusual to see pairings like this, a mosque with a chinese temple.  A chinese temple with a hindu temple, a hindu temple with a mosque.  Our forefathers could manage it.  Why can't we?

Jieming

Can't we just live our lives the way we want to and get along?

Do not really know but I can tell you this, War has to do more than just to fight, people fight for better life, and governments fight for resource and power.

And I do not like anarchy, we still need some order in our lives, if no order itll be pure chaos.

people will not just stop fighting just because, there are reasons good or bad to fight or ideals, so saying that, this is why some people believe in peace through power.

Edited by Praetorian
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 17:50
Originally posted by Demosthenes

Well,  unless I am tragically mistaken,  we are still a step above the rest of the world.  I would just say ten years till there is a simple defense system up.

Unless we get a real idiot leading us soon of course

Russian anti-shipping missiles are one step ahead of us - our power lies within our newly designed F-22s and F-117s, as well as our better training, experience, and armor - we also have strength in submarines.

However, the Russians have strenghts in missiles, and just not caring how many die, as long as the job gets done.
Liang Jieming View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Liang Jieming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 03:09
Originally posted by Christscrusader

You cannot compare the West to the Muslim world. Population prehaps, but look at the wealth. Most Islamic nations are poor compared to western standards. Why do Islamic Terrorists justify killing innocent civilians as an act of good. I don't see in ANY religion that should be justifyed, and maybe if they can break out of there Islamic run governments and get a spread of ideas, they can see it too.

Precisely.  You've just supplied one of the reasons why to your question.  Wealth.  Whether this disparity of wealth between the west and the muslim world is justified or not justified is not relevant here.  What is relevant is that the disparity exists.  Whether deserved or not, this creates envy, hatred, and a sense of imbalance, a superiority complex in some, a victimised complex in others.  It makes for a gulf that some in the Islam world now see as sufficient justification for killing.

To you, they are innocent civilians.  To them no one is innocent.  From the military actions in Iraq (and now Iran too), to the corporations who turn a profit to the point of ruthlessness, to the tourist who peered at them down the length of his nose with distaste... whatever.

Everyone knows that happy prosperous people don't wage wars.  But, for various reasons, saying that is easier than making it so in practice.  Many muslim moderates understand this intellectually.  There have been difficult questions asked in the local forums here on why the Islamic world is backward and poor.  It was not always so.  The middle ages was a time when the west was fundamentalist and willing to kill innocent people for their faith, and the Islamic world the free liberal world of wealth and knowledge.

Many seek to address this problem peacefully.  The only problem is whether the fiery youth and fundamentalist radicals would give them the time to address this imbalance.  If recent events are any indication, I'd say that the moderates are running out of time.

All are to be blamed here.  The west for being too smug.  The muslims for not keeping up with the rest of the world and hence falling prey to the sexy call of fundamentalism (the west too is prone to this though because of prosperity, they can afford to be more liberal and free in thinking since they are not under threat), the far east for not caring enough (money is still king in the east, or rather the pursuit of money is).

People should roleplay a little more and put themselves into the other's shoes.  Just look at the threads and replies everywhere on this forum and you'll see what I mean.  A lot of people don't and refuse to understand each other.  It isn't getting better.  It's getting worse.  This has always been the precusor to war... when understanding and accomodation breakdown.

On a more postive note,
Happy Aidiladhar today to all muslims!

Jieming

Edited by Liang Jieming
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 15:03

Well i see the war starting in Saudi Arabi. It seems inevitable that the corrupt Saudi royal family will be eventually overthrown whether by bin Laden or another is irrelevant. With America so dependent on Saudi oil and the Saudi royal family being so close to America the Americans would have little choice but to step in. The sight of crusader tanks overrunning the holy land would leave muslims understandably upset and the middle eastern anti american and anti israeli tension could be expected to explode. Any middle eastern leader foolish enough to side with the Americans would find himself dead. The Americans presumably would be stubborn and stand their ground but against such radical opposition they would presumably be forced back.

With the Americans pushed out of the holy land the envigorated muslims would push on into israel. After fierce resistance from the israelis and the americans the infidel would be finally expelled from the holy land. Even the IDF believe this war is coming : they are buying up land in Argentina to start anew.

With the Holy Land purged of infidels the Muslim nations would set about founding a new Islamic empire -similar to that preached by al Quida- but internal disputes, civil war and the nuclear fallout from Israels last ditch nuke attack  would stop it emerging as an international player for some time. 

Meanwhile the battered and bruised Americans would stagger back home but there is no rest for the wicked. China will flex its musceles and overrun south east asia and russia east of the Urals. The Europeans would come to russian aid and a stalemate would ensue. The Americans would bravely and confidently march off to sort out the Chinese but still weary and demorilized from their defeat in Israel the overwhelming Chinese numbers would overcome them. At this point  buttons would be pressed. America in a desperate attempt to maintain its dominance would be wild with its nukes. China though crippled would persevere and counter strike though due to delivery limitations it may need to capture Alaska to get in range of America. Post appocalyptic America would descend into choas and would be removed from the equation.

In Europe the continued war would take its toll and racial tensions would presumably build eventually growing into open conflict. As Europe descended into chaos China would claim victory but it would be Phyrric. The destruction of infrastructure and the human cost would leave China unable to enjoy its victory.

Free from European and American interference and relatively unscathed by the war Africa would grow from strength to strength eventually recovering and taking on the islamic empire and india for hedgemony.

You may think this is wild and it probably is but thats my thoughts on the matter.

JasSum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JasSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 18:08
WW3 ... well its already on, war for resurces. WW4 maybe will be with nukes and the reasons will be the same, and WW5 will be ameba against ameba, the reasons, again the same ..

Benceno View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Benceno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 18:28
Originally posted by Vercingetorix

Free from European and American interference and relatively unscathed by the war Africa would grow from strength to strength eventually recovering and taking on the islamic empire and india for hedgemony.

You may think this is wild and it probably is but thats my thoughts on the matter.

There is also a continent on the south called South America, we might not be the mightiest, but we are still here. I'd like to see your predictions for us. We will just stay as f**ked up as we already are?

As you very well said, China has a huge "cannon-fodder potential", though I do not think they could withstand a EU, Russia and USA combined attack, if they had been expanding through asia and waging war earlier.
Hola.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 12:31

In responce to Benceno forgive me for neglecting south america . I see South America recovering, again due to the lack of US interference. I also see Mexico exenting its territory to a similar position as it once was. With so many Mexican hispanics in the US particularly the south they may choose to join with mexico. And with the US in so much choas they would be unable to do anything about it.

Also to pre-emt any complaints by oceanians out there i see austraillia generally staying out of it. With China facing heavy oppostion in Russia and from America the South East Asia campaign would be slowed and Austrailia would be out of harms way, It may enter the war on Britiain's behalf though only with troops fighting on the front in russia they would lack the strength to preserve a second front on china's south flank.

Edited by Vercingetorix
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 22:15
I don't know about WW3, but probably WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones again... 
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 22:31

"And China does not have a good Air Force or big enough Air Force, so that saying, the US or EU can bombarded the country (list just hope the war does not happen period because like I said in my earlier post)."

That's kinda not accurate. China actually has the largest air force in the world even larger than the us in size. but the us got more advanced aircrafts. china got 6000 different types of aircrafts and like 500 advanced air superiority aircrafts namely su-27/j-11, su-33, su-30, j-10. but that's for now. dun forget china is rising and ww3 does not happen today. for more information, visit www.sinodefence.com

no one knows who will be the strongest 30 years from now.

500 yrs ago, china got the most advanced military that was able to kick everyone's ass in technology and size. but things changed. and things do not stop changing.

however, the chinese are not religious and are peace loving people. i don't see why it has to do with china. the only war china will fight is probably the one with taiwan (it's a chinese province under another government). that's not aggression but defence of national territory. also, many chinese are born to hate japanese. i dunno why. 

besides, economically, china will dominate in 50 years. china is starting to build its second magnetic line connecting shanghai to hanzhou (230 km). it will only take 27 mins to ride the whole trip.

china is the only country in the world that has operating magnetic trains. i've been on one and it was fast like crazy. when i was on the train, it went up to (430km/h) and it only took me 8 mins to finish the ride from the city to the airport of shanghai.  i've also been on the hopeless american commuter rail. it was slow, dirty, uncomfortable, and old. no comparison at all.

chinese people are also good at making economic maricles. e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Chinese in Indonesia, and Taiwan.

To take Hong Kong as an example, in the 60's the gdp per capita of Hong Kong was only 30 percent of that of Great Britain. in 30 years, its gdp per capital grew from 70 percent less than Britain to 35 percent more than Great Britain. Now Hong Kong's gdp per capital is almost still 35 percent higher than its former mother country of Great Britain. On a per capita basis, it's even higher than Germany and Japan. 

In Indonesia, the two percent of Chinese population controls over 80 percent of wealth in the entire country and the remaing 98 percent of native Indonesians share the remaining 20 percent and that was done under decades of anti-Chinese economic and politcal policies in Indonesia. No wonder there was an anti-Chinese movement in 1997 in Indonesia. 2 percent controls 80 percent of wealth. Only Chinese and Jewish people can do that. 

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 01:43
Originally posted by Infidel

I don't know about WW3, but probably WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones again... 

Steal that from Einstein? No really.
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 13:52
Originally posted by coolstorm

chinese people are also good at making economic maricles. e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Chinese in Indonesia, and Taiwan.

To take Hong Kong as an example, in the 60's the gdp per capita of Hong Kong was only 30 percent of that of Great Britain. in 30 years, its gdp per capital grew from 70 percent less than Britain to 35 percent more than Great Britain. Now Hong Kong's gdp per capital is almost still 35 percent higher than its former mother country of Great Britain. On a per capita basis, it's even higher than Germany and Japan. 

In Indonesia, the two percent of Chinese population controls over 80 percent of wealth in the entire country and the remaing 98 percent of native Indonesians share the remaining 20 percent and that was done under decades of anti-Chinese economic and politcal policies in Indonesia. No wonder there was an anti-Chinese movement in 1997 in Indonesia. 2 percent controls 80 percent of wealth. Only Chinese and Jewish people can do that. 

That's ture. But if communist party keep its awful reign in China mainland, Chinese will hardly develop China mainland like they did in HongKong,Singapore and Taiwan.

chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 18:11
the us and eu are too dependant on china...without it, their economy would implode and cause huge inflations...  they would run out of goods and manufactering.... but they see china as more of a "slave state" of where they get cheap labor....

i think that the us would not see or would not react with military until it is too late with china, they have nuke too....

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 13:48

Originally posted by Dux

Steal that from Einstein? No really.

Yes, he was a brilliant mind...

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 15:08

"but they see china as more of a "slave state" of where they get cheap labor"

i take that as being offensive and insulting. please take it back.

the manufacturing process is moving from the us to mainland china and asia is because of the economic efficient factors. if you've taken macroeconomics, you should know what i'm talking about. there are countries that have cheaper labor than mainland china but they are inefficient in economic output.

maybe because of the fact that you are from a developing country of korea with relatively low living standard, you might not have witnessed the moving of manufacturing process. in hong kong, 90 percent of the factories have moved to mainland china since the 80's because of the more efficient manufacturing process there (more output can be generated with less resources). it's all economics and is nothing about the ignorant comment aossociating with "slave or any trash like that".

any sorta of useless nonsense is just nonsense like the ignorant and uneducated statement you made above.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2005 at 21:08

South America's War .

Chile (Chile-Chile)
Mexico (Mexico-Mexico)
Venezuela (Venezuela-Venezuela)
Argentina (Argentina-Argentina)

chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 10:05
Originally posted by coolstorm

"but they see china as more of a "slave state" of where they get cheap labor"

i take that as being offensive and insulting. please take it back.

the manufacturing process is moving from the us to mainland china and asia is because of the economic efficient factors. if you've taken macroeconomics, you should know what i'm talking about. there are countries that have cheaper labor than mainland china but they are inefficient in economic output.

maybe because of the fact that you are from a developing country of korea with relatively low living standard, you might not have witnessed the moving of manufacturing process. in hong kong, 90 percent of the factories have moved to mainland china since the 80's because of the more efficient manufacturing process there (more output can be generated with less resources). it's all economics and is nothing about the ignorant comment aossociating with "slave or any trash like that".

any sorta of useless nonsense is just nonsense like the ignorant and uneducated statement you made above.

ehhh sorry coolstorm....not meaning to be offensive.... but just stating what most americans in that i know think... china is cool

Edited by chaeohk
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 14:33

ehhh sorry coolstorm....not meaning to be offensive.... but just stating what most americans in that i know think... china is cool

most well-educated Americans, however, think otherwise. you are talking about the lower-class American families who have lost their factory jobs and think that it's because of china. economics doesn't work like they think it does. even without china, the outflow of jobs will still continue due to economic efficiency and the high capital cost in the us.

���DZj�~�� ��������
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>