Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Atlantis Submerged circa 1500 B.C.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atlantis Submerged circa 1500 B.C.
    Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 17:49
The submerged megalithic ruins off Tarifa, Chipiona, Rota, and Huelva are of 2500 B.C. vintage, as that is when this type of building is commonly thought to have begun, paving stones, cyclopean
walls, etc., and if Plato would have reported 9,000 lunar cycles before his time, rather than 9,000 solar cycles, for when Atlantis succumbed to the sea, the story would fit ancient history, as Timaeus and Critias also report that much Athenian land succumbed to the sea at the time, the timeframe when Erecthius, Cecrops, and Erecthonius lived, in the circa 1500 B.C. timeframe.

So apparently, the Ice Age ended much later than is popularly advertised, see Article #1 at http://www.IceAgeCivilizations.com for more details.  
Zheng-ru View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zheng-ru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 18:02
So you believe southern Spain is the location of Atlantis?

Can you show me some photos of the ruins, please?

- Zheng-ru
"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities...It is best to win without fighting."
- Sun-tzu
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 19:24
Here is a link:

http://www.usuarios.lycos.es/egiptosofia/The_archaeological_evidence_in_front_of_gibraltar.pdf

I have seen some video showing the ruins of walls as well.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 19:48

The link isn't working, but the guy's name is Geogeos Diaz Montexano, he has been studying the submerged ruins of Spain for some time, so google around to read about his work, and maybe you can run into some of his pictures.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 03:12
Atlantis could only be in one location the East Mediteranean!

The date of 9000 years is a misinterpration between the way the Greeks used the decimal and the way the Egyptians did. Others believe that it may also have been a difference between the Solar calender used by the Greeks and the Lunar calender used by the Egyptians. Thus placing it at around 1500 B.C and not 9000B.C.

There is also another better know Pillars of Hercules to the Greek that was located in the Southern Peloponnese.

To most experts the place that best fit the description and the  technological advancements of Atlantis is THERA/Santorini.  Just look at the site of Akrotiri that was covered up by the volcanic eruption which occured right aroung 1500B.C.

There is not enough or no evidence to support its location being anywhere else. Even if there is a sunken city of the coast of Spain it does not mean that they were Atlantis, unless there is something that points to it being Atlantis. Being underwater is not "Evidence" because there are many ancient cities that were once above water that are now under water all along the Mediterranean and Aegean coast!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 07:52

Atlantis, Attalan, Atland, Atlan (Aztlan), Atlantioi, Atlantida, Atlantik, Atlantic, Atlas Mountains, the Hesperus (Spain) and Atlas.

And Timaeus and Critias describe that it was in the Gibraltar area, both inside and outside, east to the Tyrhenian Sea and Libya, and along the coasts west from Gibraltar,  huge amounts of mining, a vast plain south of the mountians (Sierra Morena of Spain), it is beyond obvious that it's the Gibraltar area.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 08:14

And Zheng-ru, if you live in the Orient, you may be aware of the submerged megaliths offshore the Ryuku Islands of southwestern Japan, submerged also circa 1500 B.C., as were the rest worldwide.

Zheng-ru View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Zheng-ru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 12:46
Ah yes, although I too believed that it is the buried part of the Minoan civilization, your evidence is most compelling.

I found an interesting site with a photo and quotation by Platon en espaniol: http://my.opera.com/Georgeos-Diaz-Montexano/albums/showpic.dml?album=45515&picture=1331601

Do you think the Ryukyu megaliths and pyramids (or Chinese pyramids) have any connection to Atlantis ?
"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities...It is best to win without fighting."
- Sun-tzu
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 12:50
I was just reading from one of Sir James Frazer's books, he notes a Samothracian account that the sea level rose at the time of Dardanus (circa 1500 B.C.), to consume much low-lying land, and at that time, the Med broke through to connect to the Black Sea, which was an inland lake previously, as demonstrated by Ryan and Pittman.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 13:06
Certainly, go to the thread under World History about Precession Mapping and the Great Pyramid, the link explains how the ancients measured and navigated the Earth during the Ice Age, and Barry Fell and others have demonstrated the evidence of ancient transoceanic migrations, as evidenced with the Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings by Charles Hapgood also.
Zheng-ru View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Zheng-ru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 13:33
Interesting...
- Sun-tzu
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 13:45
The Vedas mention that the the Kingdom of Kumari Kandam, off southern India, was engulfed by the sea, and so, King Ravanna's people had to migrate to the north.  There are ruins submerged off the southeastern tip of India, from Mahabalipuram on south.

And ancient Dwarka of the Rama Empire went under according to Vedic legend, and there are submerged ruins off northwest India and Pakistan.
Pieinsky View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Pieinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 12:25
There are elements of similiarity in Ancient greek mythology and Indian mythology.
So Perhaps this kingdom is Atlantis.
However I thought this kingdom was formally to the west of India. 

It's interesting that contrary to popular belief the first human civiliasation has recently been discovered to have existed in India. This one was submerged, but i'm not sure if its the same one, as it was all along the east side of india not the south side.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2007 at 09:32

Part of the Rama empire was submerged, now in the Bays of Kutch and Chambay, and there are extensive ruins off Mahabalipurm, and to the south, of the ancient Kumari Kandam empire, all recorded in the Vedas.

NIKASS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote NIKASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2007 at 20:51

Originally posted by Brasidas

Atlantis could only be in one location the East Mediteranean!

The date of 9000 years is a misinterpretation between the way the Greeks used the decimal and the way the Egyptians did. Others believe that it may also have been a difference between the Solar calender used by the Greeks and the Lunar calender used by the Egyptians. Thus placing it at around 1500 B.C and not 9000B.C.

To most experts the place that best fit the description and the  technological advancements of Atlantis is THERA/Santorini.  Just look at the site of Akrotiri that was covered up by the volcanic eruption which occured right aroung 1500B.C.

Wow, Brasidas you must know the ancient Greeks so well. Decimal? I will come back at you.

First of all I am a new member and I would like to say HI to all of you guys. I see many interesting discussions and the one that I am interested is only ATLANTIS.

I was checking out the topic about Albania being the site for Atlantis (I am Albanian myself-and never heard more ridicules claim). I see that many of you guys claim to know more than others and in reality you all know nothing about this topic.

Sorry to be harsh on you. I see the Albanians claiming that Plato said this and that and then the Greeks telling them to read Plato first and e.t.c In reality none has read Plato for real.

Guys, Plato should be read in ancient Greek!!!Period. and I see that none does. I guarantee you. There are few of you that use automatic translators but that doesnt work.  

Let me go back to Brasides. My friend, Plato doesnt use any decimal numeric, rather words. ENAKIS-HILIA WHICH MEANS NINE-THOUSAND (εηάκιςχίλιά). ENAKIS which in Modern Greek translates into enea = nine.

To the Albanian guys; you havent read Plato not even in English. Forget about Atlantis being in Albania. And to one of you guys I have prove it. I wish it was there, but it isnt and thats a fact!

Nevertheless, the name dyrahious comes from Latin, who got it from the Greeks and it means Dy-rahia. Dio rahia=two hills. Its Greek, wanted or not. Never the less; to the Greek guys, the modern southern Albania was colony for while of Corinthians and it was during this time, only, that the Greek names appeared in southern Albania. One more thing; both languages are sister languages; they both come from Indo-European mother. Greek language evolved but the Illyrian didnt change that much. Thats the reason you can understand most of Ancient Greek words in Albanian.

Anyway, back to my only interesting topic; ATLANTIS.

Παντων δη πρώτον μνήσθώμέν οτί το κέΦάλάιον ίη εηάκιςχίλιά ετη, άφ ού γεγονως εμηνύθη πολεμος τοις

Prota apo ola na thimithume oti perasan sinolika enea hiladhes hronja apo tote pu ejine o polemos anamesa

Firstofall to remind (remember) that passed complete 9,000 years, since it happened the war between

It has an accent ok?

As you can see mr. Brasidas your comments are taken seriously only by mr. pa-katuridis (just kidding!)

Lets read Plato in here and translate him. Lets se how much you Greeks of this forum know. As my grandpa would say (I had a Greek grand-pa. Mother side) who said: idu I rodos idu qe to pidima

τοτε γαρ πορευσιμον ην το εκει πελαγος,

At that time because present in that sea.

νησον γαρ προ του στοματος ειχεν ο καλειτε,

island because before mouth as it was called

ως φατε, υμεις Ηρακλεους στηλας,

During dinner (eating), you (Greeks) Pillars of Hercules.

Ok, as you can see the Island it was before not behind. PRO TU Stomatos.. so before you reach a certain place (this mouth). Lets say that the pillars are in Gibraltar. Then Atlantis has to be inside the Mediterranean Sea. NEVER outside!!! Forget about Atlantic Ocean and South America. Ridiculous claims. Protu to stomatos not after..hello.

The west border is established. Lets check out north side:

η δε νησος αμα Λιβυης ην και Ασιας μειζων,

One island as Libya and Asia together (sometimes is translated as in the middle, but not in this case)

εξ ης επιβατον επι τας αλλας νησους τοις τοτε εγιγνετο πορευομενοις,

From here travel to the other island that at that time were visible (existed..e.t.c)

εκ δε των νησων επι την καταντικρυ πασαν ηπειρον την περι τον αληθινον εκεινον ποντον.

And from this island towards opposite all continent to that real sea. (I strongly believe that ponton means coast..Anyway not important)

So my fellow Albanians as you see he is talking about two seas Atlantis is in this smaller sea and from this smaller sea you get to this big endless sea, which is the modern Atlantic Ocean. But pay attention that Atlantis is in this smaller sea. So here we have another boundary. North we cant go further than Venice. Albania not Atlantis.

Lets continue more:

ταδε μεν γαρ,

(paraphrased--for what we talking)

οσα εντος του στοματος ου λεγομεν,

all inside the mouth the mentioned (paraphrasedall inside the mentioned mouth)

φαινεται λιμην στενον τινα εχων εισπλουν,

Visible port narrow just have pass/sail (paraphrasedits visible a harbor just so you can sail, pass)

εκεινο δε πελαγος οντως η τε περιεχουσα αυτο γη παντελως αληθως ορθοτατ αν λεγοιτο ηπειρος

That other sea for certain or the containing that endless land real straight can be called continent.

Paraphrased-- but that other is a real sea and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent (Jowett).

So as you can see, once more the Island of Atlantis is located before you reach this mouth. One more indication that its in Mediterranean Sea.

Lets go for east side boundary now. Some of you say that Crete or Santorini is Atlantis. Ok lets check it out.

Εξώθεν ορμηθεισαν εκ του Aτλαντικου πελαγος

(From) outside jumped (prepared and jumped) from the Atlantic Sea. (Not Ocean-Plato never said Ocean!!!) What he means here is the Army of Atlantis came from the direction of Atlantis Sea. So from out side the Greek and Egypt area.  Santorini is in between Athens and Egypthelloooo people think about it. So east cant go further than Sicily, not, never near GreeceNow, on the south side Plato says that it took over Libya which means was above Libya. And do not forget, it was an island that disappeared under water, submerged. Santorini exists, Cyprus existswhatever.

If you carefully read my comments you will come to the conclusion that Atlantis it was located ONLY, from Gibraltar to Sicily including MALTA. And ONLY inside the med sea. I am not going to comment anymore in that matter, you draw your own conclusions.

And one more thing, shame to anyone who doubts PLATOs comments. How can you think that he will make things up? He is a philosopher (definition; love for wisdom/Love for truth), the greatest student of Socrates. How can he include Socrates if it was the figment of his imagination? Its the time of observation not renesaince.

Peace out brothers.

P.S. I dont want any questions or comments on my origin. Dont care at all and I think is irrelevant to the topic.

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 03:09
Very good post Nikass.

Nice translation as well.

I agree that such texts must be analysed from ancient Greek. Even printed translations are sometimes wrong or clumsy.

Very good remarks on the boundaries. I don't get it where some authors have gotten some of their claims about the locations really. It is so far fetched that i've read Atlantis was in a continent next to Australia. It even goes over to scientology sometimes which makes me discussed.

Btw, Greek and Albanian can be characterized as cousin languages not really sister languages. The sister languages of Greek are Phrygian (extinct) and maybe Armenian. From their basis they're not the same, but linguistic exchanges occured for sure after thousands of years. Anyway, that is another subject.

Edited by Flipper - 27-Jun-2007 at 03:11

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
NIKASS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote NIKASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 06:17
retaxis View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote retaxis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 11:06
Atlantis is only the super advanced ancient civilization to the Western World. Eastern worlds also have their ancient civilizations. Just do a google search on Japanese Pyramids or the plateau in Japan really close to Taiwan.

The plateau seems to be an old entertainment theartre with staircases and etc. It is huge and is estimated to be over 10000years old as it is found under the sea. As no structures can be built under the sea thousands of years ago, it must have been built on land. Therefore the structure was built during the ice age when parts of the world (including this particular area was still land).

During the ice age there were three large floods which covered much of the world. Many civilizations either western or eastern have said these super advanced civilzations were destroyed by these floods and survivors spread their technology to help the Egyptions, Cambodians, Aztecs build their Pyramids and etc.

Edited by retaxis - 27-Jun-2007 at 11:08
NIKASS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote NIKASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 12:09
Originally posted by retaxis

Atlantis is only the super advanced ancient civilization to the Western World. Eastern worlds also have their ancient civilizations. Just do a google search on Japanese Pyramids or the plateau in Japan really close to Taiwan.

The plateau seems to be an old entertainment theartre with staircases and etc. It is huge and is estimated to be over 10000years old as it is found under the sea. As no structures can be built under the sea thousands of years ago, it must have been built on land. Therefore the structure was built during the ice age when parts of the world (including this particular area was still land).

During the ice age there were three large floods which covered much of the world. Many civilizations either western or eastern have said these super advanced civilzations were destroyed by these floods and survivors spread their technology to help the Egyptions, Cambodians, Aztecs build their Pyramids and etc.

The only way of dating something that old is either by pottery, which none has been found, or Carbon -dating...which its impossible to something underwater. Salty water affects carbon dating as does smoke. Be careful when you make this kind of statements. Nothing is proven. If you read experts comment they will explain that its nothing more than natural formation.

Anyway even if it is manmade what does that have to do with Atlantis? People, read Plato and you will understand; he is talking about horses and spears. Primitive society, not a world of crystals and airplanes!!!

NIKASS View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote NIKASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 12:33
Originally posted by Flipper

Very good post Nikass.

Nice translation as well.

I agree that such texts must be analysed from ancient Greek. Even printed translations are sometimes wrong or clumsy.

Very good remarks on the boundaries. I don't get it where some authors have gotten some of their claims about the locations really. It is so far fetched that i've read Atlantis was in a continent next to Australia. It even goes over to scientology sometimes which makes me discussed.

Btw, Greek and Albanian can be characterized as cousin languages not really sister languages. The sister languages of Greek are Phrygian (extinct) and maybe Armenian. From their basis they're not the same, but linguistic exchanges occured for sure after thousands of years. Anyway, that is another subject.

Thanks flipper,

I have contacted most of this charlatans and I have proved to each one of them why theyre wrong. Nevertheless, their ego, including here the amount of time and money spent on their expeditions, didnt aloud them to agree with me.

I have my own theory, which locates Atlantis where its supposed to be, In MALTA!! Actually next to it. There is a huge continent submerged underwater. Its the only one location that fits Platos description. Where else can it be? In Atlantic Ocean? Are they out of their mind? Till 500 hundreds years ago we didnt know America. Colombo thought he was going to India. You expect Plato to know about South America.  And dont give me that crapAztec and whatever. It doesnt help. They had no contact, whatsoever with ancient Greek. I have read most of ancient Greek writings and no reference can be found.

Its very simple; the modern humans are descendant of Atlanteans, according to Plato, think about it; Poseidon is the God of this seahintMediterranean. Didnt odyssey suffered when he crossed this sea. We know that Odyssey crossed Med sea where ever point he was in.

Atlantis controlled Libya till Egyptand Europe (Greece) till Tyrrhenian (Sicily). Doesnt mention any area around Gibraltar though?! And it doesnt pass Egypt. Here goes Cyprus theory

Doesnt that tell you that the city has to be somewhere around Sicily?

I am open to any discussions; try to find any errors on my theory. I am not talking about less important mistranslations but major issues that can dislocate Atlantis to different Positions.

NIKAS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>