Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTurkey,are Turkey can consider a Balkan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkey,are Turkey can consider a Balkan
    Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 06:45
Antioxos, is that an official text book or what?

Embarrassedi dont speak greek so i cant tell what it says.

Edited by Leonidas - 28-Feb-2007 at 06:48
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 09:07
Originally posted by Leonidas

Yes it is the official history book that it is teached in the 6th class of the primary school .

By antioxos at 2007-08-20
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 09:47
Originally posted by Jagiello

the otoman empire did so much bad things to the balcan countries,that i don't thing any balcan country would realy axept them as balcans.

Oh, la la...Very bad things including helping their culture, religion and language to survive within their 500 years of control.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 10:43
Originally posted by Kapikulu

Originally posted by Jagiello

the otoman empire did so much bad things to the balcan countries,that i don't thing any balcan country would realy axept them as balcans.

Oh, la la...Very bad things including helping their culture, religion and language to survive within their 500 years of control.

I disagree with the word help because Sultans they were not interest to help nobody except their interest (not even the turkish tribes)
Civilizations survives only if they have strong elements not because they are helped from somebody.
The Balcan areas that where under latin control  they were also survive even they were trying to assimilate them ( to change doctrine from orthodox to roman catholic) 

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 14:46
Hah, if the Ottomans didn't enter the Balkans it would be a Catholic outpost, the Pope would have owned all the land and the Ventians intellectually, pollitically and economically own the Balkans.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 14:47
Originally posted by DayI

Greek may also confess something they say every day before entering school. In wich it stands "we will get constantinople back from those dogs".

I lost the original text and the translation of it but try to research.
Likewise , a newspaper published in Western Thrace threathened Turkiye .
They 've written ; " Greeks tanks shall march through the streets of Istanbul ( constantinople in greek ) " ; " Turks out of Cyprus " , " We 'll re-gain our lands back from Barbaric Mongol-Turks " ...etc , Turkiye was shown as a province of Greece .

There could be such extremist views , however it is something to think about such circumstances .
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 15:48
Originally posted by Bulldog

Hah, if the Ottomans didn't enter the Balkans it would be a Catholic outpost, the Pope would have owned all the land and the Ventians intellectually, pollitically and economically own the Balkans.

Wrong i m coming from Naxos islands and i m still Helen and i m still an orthodox christian.
Naxos history
From 1207-1566 Venecian rule
         1566-1684 Ottoman rule (Selim II gave it Don Joseph Nasi )
         1685-1699 Venecian rule
         1770-1771 Ottoman rule
         1772-1774 Rusian rule
         1774-1821 Ottoman rule
In reality during the Ottoman rule nothing change in the island that means that the venecian  keep their privilege position (they own almost all the land of the island) they didn't pay tax to the sultan because they  continued to  rule the island and they arrange to pay  taxes the rest of the people (orthodox,Armenians,Jews).

Venetians were  interest  to make money from their conquests (the Ottomans had the same goal)
In Naxos today  there is  a community of Roman Catholic descendants of the Venetians.
As you notice ,i usually  support my opinion with arguments.

Here is the old Venetian castle in the port of Naxos

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9166/img2924gq2.jpg

Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 15:55
Originally posted by Mordoth

Originally posted by DayI

Greek may also confess something they say every day before entering school. In wich it stands "we will get constantinople back from those dogs".

I lost the original text and the translation of it but try to research.
They 've written ; " Greeks tanks shall march through the streets of Istanbul ( constantinople in greek ) " ; " Turks out of Cyprus " , " We 'll re-gain our lands back from Barbaric Mongol-Turks " ...etc , Turkiye was shown as a province of Greece .

There could be such extremist views , however it is something to think about such circumstances .

Can you provide us your source ?

Till now the only extremist threats that i know is from the official Turkish state again Cyprus Lebanon and Egypt.
The only time that the Greek tanks will march is if Turkey attack to Greece.
I hope this will never happen and i hope that wise people will prevail in Turkey.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 16:17
Catholics treated Greeks worse than Ottomans but they don't get half as much stick, man they put a prostitute in the Hagia Sophia and looted it.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 16:27
Modern day Hellas is not threatening anyone.Only some extreme rightists,but not the State of Hellas.After all,muslims of Thrace know Turkish,because the Hellenic State encouraged them to do so through the minority schools.

Edited by Spartakus - 28-Feb-2007 at 16:28
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 17:38
Originally posted by Bulldog

Catholics treated Greeks worse than Ottomans but they don't get half as much stick, man they put a prostitute in the Hagia Sophia and looted it.

Whats the problem now ,who treated less worse the Greeks.I don't think they were interest about it .Latin and Ottomans interest is to collect taxes with the less expenses.
Thats why they wanted their subjects alive , to pay taxes .If the subjects change doctrine or religion they would stop to pay taxes.
The things are very simple if they really wanted to change the religion of them they could do  it but after who is gonna pay taxes.
About the looting , i know that Venice has many of the treasuries of Constantinople  and i m planning in the future to visit  Venice for this reason.

Edited by Antioxos - 28-Feb-2007 at 17:51

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 18:17
Originally posted by Antioxos

Yes it is the official history book that it is teached in the 6th class of the primary school .

where in the book is the offense?

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 18:26
Originally posted by Mordoth

"A newspaper threatened Turkey"?  Better run. Wink
You'll find anything under the sun in newspapers of countries with freedom of expression.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 18:30

so far the arguement has drifting into 'we helped/saved you'  or 'no you didnt' type of stuff,  which is just POV circular discussions.

The assertion that europe engages its public in anti-turkish education or propaganda has not been fully proved or exposed. i put it back to those that say this, can you all do better than point at extremist idealogy -websites to back up you own sweeping comments?

so far in the world of  anti turkism

1. the_oz hasnt proven his words are not just assumptions
  2. DayI hasnt explained this greek saying we apperantly must admit to
  3. Mordoth has some newspaper clip
(im not saying the biases dont exist as they already do on all sides, but on how far they go)

Edited by Leonidas - 28-Feb-2007 at 18:39
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 21:24

Originally posted by Antioxos

where in the book is the offense?

If you are looking for offensive comments against Turks, I'd say it's pretty difficult to find any. On the contrary, the writers try to be nice to Turkey/Turks, in the name of the Greek-Turkish friendship I guess.
(I say this after having read a good part of the book)
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 02:42
I rather call it normalization. It's obvious that Greeks are less anti-Turkish than the rest of Balkan, especially compared to Serbia or Albania. This is due to the social and economical achievements of Greece. Primitive nationalism is for poor and weak people.

I don't say Greeks are "Turk-lover" either. They' re just a mediterranean people who wants to live without trouble. Maybe because they got tired of this mythical "Turkish barbarians" figure. 

Edited by The Hidden Face - 01-Mar-2007 at 03:48
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 03:29
By the way, geographically Turks call themselves "Anatolians". Not "Balkanians". Turks see "Balkanians" as a different league.

Turks don't consider themselves "Middle Easterners" either. This is because, after 1800's Tanzimat reforms, and after the iron punch of Kemalist Revolution of 1900's, and finally after the EU's reforms, Turkey became a different and unique country, like Israel or Russia.

This is why Turkey is in the league of Europe. Even though the West Europe disrespectfully criticizes Turkey, in the end Europe embraces her. 
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 03:32
Albania anti-Turkish?Why is that?
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 04:00
I noticed that the Albanian view of History is quite traumatic. Turks are to blame for Albanian economical and social backwardness. Also their national figure, Skenderbeg is believed to be the defender of Europe from the Turks.

This "Balkanians who protected Europe from the Turks." story is seen in many Balkan countries but I noticed that It's very strong in Albania.  
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 04:04
Quite ironic,since Albanians were the last ones to create a State,and because their fellow muslims Ottomans couldn't protect them from ,the neighbouring to Albania, nation-States.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>