Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XIV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Online Status: Offline
  Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XIV
    Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 17:46
I think Decebal means the Eastern Jin Dynasty - he has been reading a lot in this area.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:00
Ohh never mind. I completely misread what he wrote...
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:03
Good job everyone, participants and moderators! That was a much harder quiz than the previous one; last time I got 14 right, this time I'd be happy if I could reach double digits.

I want to thank the person who scored my first submission and counted my answer to question 6 as correct! You have to give it to me, I was very close Big%20smile
Q 1-4: easy as usually
Q5: I answered Paris (from the Parisii tribe), which apparently is not close enough, but I couldn't come closer. Initially I was looking for China and India...
Q7: Sometimes, in order to answer a question, you just have to read the clues and let your imagination free to see the broader picture. I should get this one.
Q8: For some reason guillotine is the first thing that came to my mind.
Q9: I was looking at Africa but not so south.
Q10: Relatively easy, Marx and Engels were my first candidates, finding the writer took me just a few minutes given the more-than-enough clues.
Q 11-14: Too hard for me...
Q15: Actually I found the answer to this one, but sth went wrong with the submission. What to say, it was around 4 a.m. Sleepy
Q16: IMO it was much easier than #16 suggests. Then again I learned about heretics such as Nestorius and Arius at school.
Q 17-20: The joy of the moderators lol
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 22:09
Scoretable updated again but no change in scores.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 22:24
Wow that was my first TQ I decieded to enter and it was much harder than I thought....guess I shouldn't attempt it late at night next time. lol
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 23:27
Originally posted by Timotheus

Let me know how many of you are smacking your heads over Lady Hamilton.

that one wasn't so tough once I got marlene deitrich out of my head. simple search - affair with war hero - second page 11 reply
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 00:20
I't appears I wasn't the only one to think about the Gokturks for question 19 (great minds think alike) and I even looked up the founder of the Seljuk empire!
as for question 11............I spent hours looking up every cortesan from the 19th century and all I managed to learn was that Edward VII of england and Louis XV of France were sleeping with half the country!
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 02:10
Well done, Dawn, on question 17. Wink
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 02:13
Thank you fine sir
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 02:28
Well done, Dawn! Smile
AAAAAAAAAA

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 05:35
I have reached an important part in my search for the answer; after reading through most of the ever existed English writers, I believe I can narrow the search down. Those who are yet searching however don't let yourself be distracted, I might be wrong...

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 06:07
The Great Sherlock...
AAAAAAAAAA

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 06:14
Great disappointment among the Icelandic supporters of Ulrich von Hutten.
Once again he couldn't approve that he is a promissing Historian but a total fool by answering Question No 11 with Marlene Dietrich!!! EmbarrassedClap

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 28-Jan-2007 at 06:15

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 06:55
Scores are updated - no change from last time though...

Please remember...

The TQ will end at 2:08 PM EST / 19:08 GMT / 20:08 CET 

Edited by Northman - 28-Jan-2007 at 07:04
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 10:35
Updated - no changes Smile
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 13:09
I believe that I should have searched a little bit more yesterday.. Starting to find the correct answer 20 minutes before deadline isn't wise...

But I reached an important conclusion and then I crashed FF with all the necessary tabs open... doomed. Yet I submitted one answer, most probably a wrong one but still a guess.. I think that the correct answer is tied to condotierri?
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 13:17
As soon as they officially close it I will give you a push in the right direction and it will take less than 5min for you to find the answerSmile
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 13:20
So it wasn't a condotierri? Then my guess was totally idiotic (even if he wasn't a condotierri). But he would fit 3/4 of the conditions...
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 13:35
Dared try 17,Embarrassed
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 14:12
That's the end of the Total Quiz! Official awards will be given later tonight.

Edited by Imperator Invictus - 28-Jan-2007 at 14:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>