Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Age of Empires III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age of Empires III
    Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 14:23
courland was a vassal of Poland and shared an caribbean island with Denmark.
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 14:28
Historical or not, that flag's on several screenshots. I believe a German nation of some kind will be in.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 14:47
of course it would be cool to have a Welser civilization in it.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 15:40

this is awfull....but I'm not going to get that game anyway, i aslo didn't got american conquest due to this idiocy and racism...

Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 15:56
What do you think the resources will be?

Gold
Food
Wood
Iron replacing stone?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 16:47
Originally posted by Temujin

this is awfull....but I'm not going to get that game anyway, i aslo didn't got american conquest due to this idiocy and racism...

racism?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 19:19

Hwll it should have more racism! This is the conquest of the Americas there should be genocide and slavery!

and damn, the Byzantine empire in a game about american conquest?  I almost cried laughing...

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2005 at 09:40
did anyone listen the AoEIII theme on the website?
sounds familiar
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2005 at 14:51

Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

racism?

it's like that: ottomans in Cossacks for example look like some camel riding arabs. that's racism. now they do a Prussian nation for AoE3 and call it Germans. that's racism. they just merge some independent nations (including mine) and give it a sterotypical look just to please some dumb kiddies that don't know better. I also once noticed that in RoN the ottoman special units look like indians (and much more). like merging incas, mayas, aztecs, cherokee and label it "indians" or natives....

and the question remains, why shoudl there be Germans in a discvoery of america game? it makes perfectly no sense....

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2005 at 15:22

becasue of the importnat role of das uber baywatch king!

http://whitehouse.org/kids/germany/index.html

-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 11:35
Originally posted by Temujin

now they do a Prussian nation for AoE3 and call it Germans. that's racism. they just merge some independent nations (including mine) and give it a sterotypical look just to please some dumb kiddies that don't know better.

How do you know they merge several German nations together and call it Prussia? Perhaps they'll make a Prussian civ. and call it "Prussia".

I also once noticed that in RoN the ottoman special units look like indians (and much more). like merging incas, mayas, aztecs, cherokee and label it "indians" or natives....

[nitpick]Ottomans have the same building set as Nubians, Bantu and Egyptians. Persians have the same set as Indians. Incas, Mayas and Aztecs share a building set. There are no Cherokee in RoN, but Lakotha and Iroquois, who also share a building set.[/nitpick]

and the question remains, why shoudl there be Germans in a discvoery of america game? it makes perfectly no sense....

I agree with that.

Edited by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 11:50
Perhaps because there will be a 7 Years' War and since Prussia was one of the heaviets contestants of the 7 Years' War in Europe they feel they have to have a Prussia.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 12:23
Although I won't count on it being in, Sweden did have a colony in the New World, named New Sweden ( Delaware). Anyway, in that Cossacks game they added Germany and Russia instead, and I won't doubt they'll do something similar here. Sales above all. 

Edited by Styrbiorn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 13:55
If there will be a revolutionary campaign they'll probably include the USA, Mexico, Gran Colombia and Brazil. But on the other hand it will be strange if Mexico and Spain colonize America in the same time.
If there will be no independent American countries I hope the other 5 countries will be Portugal, the Netherlands, Russia, Sweden and Denmark. If Prussia or Italy or so will be included I hope the game will be easily moddable.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 17:31

Originally posted by DuxPimpJuice

Perhaps because there will be a 7 Years' War and since Prussia was one of the heaviets contestants of the 7 Years' War in Europe they feel they have to have a Prussia.

btu Prussia had no troops fightign in America, and apparently this will focus on America...

and i don't think ES will have a Prussian civilization but rather name them Germans. I'm almost certain on that.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2005 at 19:36
What about Russia?  I know it sounds silly but dotn forget Alaska and even northwestern Oregon.
-Alexander Hamilton
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 06:08

I object to Russia (that is, if it puts out better suited nations) of the same reason I objected to it in that Cossacks game - they came late, erected some fur trading posts and had little to none inteference or contact with the other European powers on the continent.  

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2005 at 12:00
well the amkers of the game admit their campafings wont exactly be too historical is specific events....so we could see 1868 the Russo-American WAR over Alaska! lol
-Alexander Hamilton
Imperial_Athinai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Imperial_Athinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 00:25

Damnit. I just bought Rome: Total War.. and now another AOE comes out

I'm not much of a gamer, but AOE is one of a kind.. I can't wait till it gets out

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2005 at 09:58
Originally posted by Imperial_Athinai

Damnit. I just bought Rome: Total War.. and now another AOE comes out

I'm not much of a gamer, but AOE is one of a kind.. I can't wait till it gets out

No problem, it will be awhile until them. 4th quarted of 2005 iirc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>