Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KARS-AKHALKALAKI-TBILISI-BAKU RAILWAY DEAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KARS-AKHALKALAKI-TBILISI-BAKU RAILWAY DEAL
    Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 12:54
AlpArslan, Mortaza has some good views aswell, he may be a pessimist at times but its good to be a critic, I think its good to be self-critical so that you understand your problems and try to change them and improve. If you just pretend everything's fine you'll only be tricking yourself and being lazy.

Mortaza
Not all problems but only genocide issue.(I heard that Turkish goverment is thinking about  bringing genocide issue to an international court.) Genocide claims are absolutely not only problems.

It's one of a whole array of problems.

Mortaza
I agree, but ROA did not put anything new to table. So They are repeating themself.Turkey will ignore this offers too.

True

Mortaza
Infact It is turning otherways,  Diaspor power at ROA is increasing.

That's what is sad for ROA, the Diaspora lives in nice Villa's in LA but the situation in Armenia and its future is not so bright but they don't care about this because they are obessed with anti-Turkism.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 13:09
It's one of a whole array of problems.

well, true. It is important  but what can we give ROA for forsaking genocide claims? Karabakh? (Without Turkey, azeris wont have much chance.)

I dont know why but I am not ready to give anything to ROA for genocide thing. Genocide is an ethic topic and giving karabag and backstabing azeris would be unethical.Also It would be stupid to trade armenian sympaty(I have great suspect If opening border will reason any sympaty) for a good ally, azeris. I think we should block to borders until solving karabak problem. Status qua is fine for now.

That's what is sad for ROA, the Diaspora lives in nice Villa's in LA but the situation in Armenia and its future is not so bright but they don't care about this because they are obessed with anti-Turkism.

is it sad?I think not. It is ROA problem not us. It is sad for armenians not for us. We dont want a populous and powerful ROA. It is against to our nation benefits.(Specially, when 99% of armenians have anti-turkish feeling.)

Status qua is fine at our eastern borders. It is not our priority to pull ROA to western world.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 13:11
AlpArslan, Mortaza has some good views aswell, he may be a pessimist at times but its good to be a critic, I think its good to be self-critical so that you understand your problems and try to change them and improve. If you just pretend everything's fine you'll only be tricking yourself and being lazy.

I should add, Infact I am not critisizing Turkish politics again ROA. I am just stating fact.

But I think we should have different approach against diaspora.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 13:31
Bulldog, you seem a liitle too sure about Turkey's abilities dont you?

Maybe if Turkey had not closed off the border in the first place, then the economic problems in Eastern Anatolia, with mainly Kurdish population would have eased. Turkey has more immediate problems in Iraq, and being a hostage to Azerbaijan's politics is not helping.

Armenia has been one of the fastest developing countries in the World with 70% of its borders blocked (albeit not as fast as Azerbaijan), you are making it seem like the country is in desperation.

Also, are you implying that Azerbaijan is going to wait 30 years, to deplete is oil reserves (so damaging the pipeline would have no affect) and then attack Armenia...~50 years after the Karabakh war.

Edited by mamikon - 26-Jan-2007 at 13:32
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 14:00
Mamikon

Not really, I'm just looking at the issue from the outside, Turkey is setting a prosperous path for the future. Armenia's pollitics seem self-destructive and not beneficial to the country.
Mamikon
Maybe if Turkey had not closed off the border in the first place, then the economic problems in Eastern Anatolia, with mainly Kurdish population would have eased. Turkey has more immediate problems in Iraq, and being a hostage to Azerbaijan's politics is not helping.

This argument has very little to do with reality.

Armenian border is with Kars, Igdir, Erzerum region, these are not predominantly Kurdish areas.

Plus Turkey's issues with Kurds is due to a multiple of reason's, Turkey has herself to blame, saying this it also has the unfortunate situation of being in a chaotic region next to Terrorist supporting states.

B-T-C, the new Railway project, Nabucco, Sah Sea pipeline, Blue Stream, Kazak and Turkmen extensions and a whole array of other projects is going to directly boost the Eastern region of Turkey. Ceyhun-Adana is being transformed as will Samsun.

Hostage? that's a very poor description of the great relationship that exists between Azerbaijan and Turkey. Both have benefitted alot from this and will continue doing so.

Mamikon
Armenia has been one of the fastest developing countries in the World with 70% of its borders blocked (albeit not as fast as Azerbaijan), you are making it seem like the country is in desperation.

If she carries on like this she will be as Armenia is missing out on the transformation of the region.

Wouldn't it be better for Armenia if she was a part of these projects and became a key centre of trade, prosperity and a stratetic country in the region.

Mamikon
Also, are you implying that Azerbaijan is going to wait 30 years, to deplete is oil reserves (so damaging the pipeline would have no affect) and then attack Armenia...~50 years after the Karabakh war.

She shall do what is needed when it's needed.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 14:10
Originally posted by Bulldog

Not really, I'm just looking at the issue from the outside, Turkey is setting a prosperous path for the future. Armenia's pollitics seem self-destructive and not beneficial to the country.

How so? Armenia is doing everything to survive. A foreign journalist in Nagorno Karabakh once stated "Armenians are fighting for their survival, Azeries for their pride"

Originally posted by bulldog

Armenian border is with Kars, Igdir, Erzerum region, these are not predominantly Kurdish areas.

True, however, trade is trade...it spreads

btw, only one project has been completed involving Azerbaijan and thats the BTC pipeline...I have no clue what the others are, and I am not look for them either.

If she carries on like this she will be as Armenia is missing out on the transformation of the region.

Wouldn't it be better for Armenia if she was a part of these projects and became a key centre of trade, prosperity and a stratetic country in the region.

by losing Karabakh and Zangezur (you know this will be next if Karabakh is returned to Azerbaijan), then no, we will try our best as it is now thank you

Do you really think Azerbaijan will win if another war starts? it stand to lose much more

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 14:41
Hostage? that's a very poor description of the great relationship that exists between Azerbaijan and Turkey. Both have benefitted alot from this and will continue doing so.

He is half-right but well this is how politics goes. We are hostage of azerbaijan and they are hostage of us.

It is not such a bad thing.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:12
Originally posted by mamikon

What has Armenia to offer Turkey? Wait i'll say it, almost nothing. Turkey doesnt need Armenia, Armenia does need Turkey dude realize it. Armenia is surrounded by Turkey and his allies.

ALso one thing, if I was armenia I think i would also invaded karabagh, because it is the only "way" where Armenia can escape of pressure. If Armenia gives up karabagh, it wont be a Russian colony but a Turko-american colony...

Think realistic, russians are the armenians only hope.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:20
Good analys Dayı.Clap

ALso one thing, if I was armenia I think i would also invaded karabagh, because it is the only "way" where Armenia can escape of pressure. If Armenia gives up karabagh, it wont be a Russian colony but a Turko-american colony...

specially this part. I will just add iran behind russia.

By the way, I think If there was not much blood, ROA would prefer to become a Turk-American-European colony.

It is weird because only way of this is acceptance of genocide or at least offering some thing to ROA and armenians.

would we offer(or forced to offer) ararat?Ermm

Edited by Mortaza - 26-Jan-2007 at 15:30
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:29
I am well aware that Armenia can not give anything material to Turkey thank you...Monaco cant give anything to France either.

Basically you are saying, I will be your enemy unless you give me x...not a healthy mentality

PS: Armenia did not invade anyone, Armenia did not join the war

Edited by mamikon - 26-Jan-2007 at 15:29
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:37
I think armenia have something to offer. Chance for kicking russia out of the caucasus. (What EU and USA is wanting.)
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:37

Mamikon

A high proportion of the soldiers in the previous war from the Azeri side were from the Talysh and Lezgin national minorities. Azerbaijan is not willing to fight, and having better technology 50 years down the line just means they will last longer in a war until they eventually get defeated again. As mamikon said, the war means completely different things for both sides (for Armenians its survival). You forget that when the last war started the Armenians didnt even possess a single tank or aircraft. This isn't the case today.

And mamikon is right, the nationalists who run Azerbaijan have their eyes set on Zangezur, which is Armenia's only link with Iran. Giving up Karabakh means they will go after Zangezur, as they believe this is part of their "homeland". You don't seem very familiar with Azeri nationalism.

But I agree with the general point that Armenia needs to strike a deal with Azerbaijan in regards to the Karabakh issue, in order to be one big step closer to normality (its at least a good pretext to have 80% of the borders reopened). But you must understand, to Armenians, giving up Karabakh means giving up the rights of the Armenian majority who lives there. They can't trust Azeri authority again.

I didn't know this 3-bedroom house in L.A. that I live in was considered a villa LOL

But if you ask me, there's not enough diaspora influence on Armenia. Look at Armenia's leaders...they are mostly corrupt, Soviet-style mafiosis (like Aliyev) who mostly care about their fortunes, and who have a smaller perception of what happens outside their borders than say, a highly educated Armenian from London.

And btw, advocating acceptence for the genocide isn't "anti-Turkism", any more than accepting the Holocaust was anti-German. Lets not get into this again.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:43
Originally posted by Mortaza

I think armenia have something to offer. Chance for kicking russia out of the caucasus. (What EU and USA is wanting.)

I don't think this is possible in the near future. Russia owns major factories and energy plants in Armenia. They started their colonization right after Armenia gained independence and was in the middle of a war, with 80% of the border closed Dead

But besides that, why wouldn't we be allied to Russia? Having good relations with Russia, Iran and U.S. is better than being stranded. America actually said that it understands why Armenia must have close relations with Iran and Russia, because of the border situation.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 26-Jan-2007 at 15:44

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:44
And btw, advocating acceptence for the genocide isn't "anti-Turkism", any more than accepting the Holocaust was anti-German. Lets not get into this again.

True but this is not situation with Diaspora. They are against every Turkish work.(Remember Lebanon protest of armenians)

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:46

specially this part. I will just add iran behind russia.

Iran only helped with some missiles and weapons but the major support was and still is from Russia (including soldiers).

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:47

True but this is not situation with Diaspora. They are against every Turkish work.(Remember Lebanon protest of armenians)

Besides Turks, no other group in the world has more Turkish speakers than the Armenian diaspora (especially Lebanese Armenians). We even eat Turkish foods...imambayendu (bad spelling), Hungar behendi, etc etc.

In fact, I bet more Armenians can speak, read and write in Ottoman Turkish than Turks can, since many Armenians speak Arabic and Turkish, so they know the language and the script.

The protest of the Lebanese Armenians was against sending Turkish peace-keeping troops to Lebanon. Can you blame Armenians who lost their homes due to Ottoman military to be against the presence of Turkish soldiers?

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 26-Jan-2007 at 15:49

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:49
Originally posted by mamikon

PS: Armenia did not invade anyone, Armenia did not join the war
Remember karabagh....anyone? 1994??
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:49
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Besides Turks, no other group in the world has more Turkish speakers than the Armenian diaspora (especially Lebanese Armenians). We even eat Turkish foods...imambayendu (bad spelling), Hungar behendi, etc etc.

In fact, I bet more Armenians can speak, read and write in Ottoman Turkish than Turks can, since many Armenians speak Arabic and Turkish, so they know the language and the script.

cool (but your point is?)
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:50
 I don't think this is possible in the near future. Russia owns major factories and energy plants in Armenia. They started their colonization right after Armenia gained independence and was in the middle of a war, with 80% of the border closed Dead
True, Infact Russia is binded ROA.
But besides that, why wouldn't we be allied to Russia? Having good relations with Russia, Iran and U.S. is better than being stranded. America actually said that it understands why Armenia must have close relations with Iran and Russia, because of the border situation.
Hmm, problem is that. In the caucasus, USA is Turkey. So, allying USA is not an alternatives. Iran can be a good ally but lets not forget possibility of USA attack. Also, You need two enemy country to play power game. Iran is ally of Russia too.

Infact, just like you said, ROA is becoming another province of Russia.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2007 at 15:53
Originally posted by xi tujue

cool (but your point is?)

My point is how can the diaspora be anti-Turkish when a large proportion of it speaks modern Turkish, Ottoman Turkish, eats Turkish foods and is more familiar with Turkish culture than 99% of the world?

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>