Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Sorgina View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sorgina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 03:30
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2007 at 04:41
"The idea of wilderness needs no defence. Only more defenders."

Edward Abbey
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 10:28
I can resist everything except temptation.

Oscar Wilde
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 22:52
"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."

Martin Luther
sreenivasarao s View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 23:49

The worst thing about corruption as a system of governance is that it works so well.
Didier-Shantaram- G.D. Roberts

Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 09:35

It is good to know what is wrong with the world. But it is just as important to know that sometimes, no matter how wrong it is, you cannot change it. And a lot of the bad stuff in the world was not really that bad until some one tried to change it. 
Karla Shantharam _G.D. Roberts

Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 00:27
No political philosophy I ever heard of loves the human race as much as Anarchism. Every other way of looking at the world says that people have to be controlled and ordered around and governed. Only Anarchism trusts the human being enough to let him work it out for himself
Didier in "Shantharam"-G D Roberts
Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 00:31

There are many animals that can express their happiness; but only the human animal has the genius to express a magnificent sadness. And for me it is some thing special, a daily meditation. Sadness is my one and only art.

-Didier in "Shantharam" by G D Roberts

Edited by sreenivasarao s - 13-May-2007 at 00:37
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 00:54
There are many animals that can express their happiness; but only the human animal has the genius to express a magnificent sadness. And for me it is some thing special, a daily meditation. Sadness is my one and only art.

Not true, many animals express sadness, we are not the only ones
Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 03:41

There is no finer example of a useless proposition than saying that something is identical to itself.
-Wittgenstein   

Samurai
Samurai

Quote sreenivasarao s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 03:46

A major source of conflict in the contemporary world is the presumption that people can be uniquely categorized based on religion or culture...ignoring the other identities that people have and value, involving class, gender, profession, language, science,morals and politics.

Amartya Sen Identity and violence

Edited by sreenivasarao s - 15-May-2007 at 03:49
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 20:00

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 20:01
Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 20:02
"Men take only their needs into consideration- - never their abilities."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 20:04
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
Aesop
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 20:05
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. (Plato)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 20:11
A little science estranges a man from God. A lot of science brings him back. (Francis Bacon)
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2007 at 12:52
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, those are the ones you want to concentrate on."

George W Bush
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2007 at 16:44
"Fools aren't born. They're watered and grown like weeds by institutions such as Christianity."

No idea who.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 07:59
A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

~ this was on the screen when I tried to go onto youtube a moment ago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>