Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 06-Nov-2013 at 20:51
Could you imagine that you believe that everybody is out to get you, become paranoid, and go insane totally now with those beliefs. There are people who do!Dead

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you” 
― Joseph HellerCatch-22
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 06:08
Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame, whatever the cost.” - The War Doctor, The Day of The Doctor. Doctor Who, The 50th anniversary episode.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 24-Nov-2013 at 06:11
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 07:20
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame, whatever the cost.” - The War Doctor, The Day of The Doctor. Doctor Who, The 50th anniversary episode.

Big smile

me as a fiction fan, I think we need to remember the Doctor, today.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7e5e0d840964e17a541dbbd8d0f287ab/tumblr_msngnke5gc1szfjlyo1_500.jpg

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 12:20
That sounds like it might be a quote from Tom Bakers Doctor.  The first Doctor whose name I remember is Pertwee's Doctor.  But I've been a fan since the beginning.  We used to get it on PBS.

I was amused with the use of broomhandles and tin foil, funnels etc.  The budget was low, but the creativity was high.Big smile

Edited by red clay - 24-Nov-2013 at 12:27
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2013 at 12:44
Originally posted by red clay

That sounds like it might be a quote from Tom Bakers Doctor.  The first Doctor whose name I remember is Pertwee's Doctor.  But I've been a fan since the beginning.  We used to get it on PBS.

I was amused with the use of broomhandles and tin foil, funnels etc.  The budget was low, but the creativity was high.Big smile

If it's the we're all stories quote, then it is from an episode called The Big Bang, and said by the eleventh Doctor Matt Smith.

"I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came."

My first Doctor was the third Doctor Jon Pertwee too, red.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2013 at 08:38

My first Doctor was a much older man, taller and thinner than Pertwee, I don't recall his name.

This is the 50th anniversery of the show.  The Science Channel, which runs the show weekly, has a special running called "the Day of the Doctors".  Sort of a take off on "the Day of the Daleks", I think.

My son and I used to watch it, wife and daugter couldn't stand it.Big smile I sort of lost track after he left for college.
The last time I saw it on PBS they were running Jon Pertwee reruns.  That's been 20 years easy.  I haven't paid much attention to the new Doctor.  The show usually conflicts with something else.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2013 at 19:16
Jon Pertwee was the third Doctor, red, so either you're talking about the first Doctor William Hartnell, with grey hair, or the second Doctor Patrick Troughton with darker hair.

Watched "The Day of The Doctor" on Saturday. Smile

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 25-Nov-2013 at 19:16
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 10:20
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are - Anais Nin 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2014 at 06:14
What goes around comes around - Donald writes no more, an Eddie Stone book
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2015 at 21:48
"Being married gives one one's position like nothing else can."        

Queen Victoria of Great Britain
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2015 at 20:32
There is one thing higher than Royalty: and that is religion, which causes us to leave the world, and seek God.       

Queen Elizabeth I of England
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2015 at 20:16
The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.      

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2015 at 20:02
"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."      

Albert Einstein spoke at the commencement exercises of Swarthmore College, 1938.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2015 at 20:13
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination
-Albert Einstein

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 19-Jun-2015 at 20:15
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2015 at 20:19
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't.       

Anatole France (1844-1924)
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2015 at 02:28
If you want to hide the truth invent the conspiracy about it.That's why we have such a lot of conspiracy theories!
Me.
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2015 at 20:18
Let us fix our gaze on the Blood of Christ and realize how truly precious It is, seeing that It was poured out for our salvation and brought the grace of conversion to the whole world.     

Pope St. Clement I in approximately 96 A.D.
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2015 at 20:53
Mary gave being and life to the Author of all grace, and that is why she is called the Mother of Grace.      

St. Louis De Montfort
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2015 at 20:16
Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.       

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2015 at 20:30
"No President who performs his duties faithfully and conscientiously can have any leisure."      

President James K. Polk of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>