Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 15-Mar-2013 at 11:19
"Talk is cheap, but good whiskey costs money."

Common expression among the gold mners of Downieville and Goodyear's Bar in the Sierra Mountains of California.

Modern day equivalent:  "Put your money where your mouth is."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2013 at 05:22
"Insanity: doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2013 at 22:44

An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex. - Edgar Wallace

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2013 at 16:23
Enlightenment is discovering a large rock on your path when making a journey, and working out the most agreeable way to getting around it.- TheAlaniDragonRising.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2013 at 20:25

“I can't think of anything I'd rather have more than somebody lovin' me.” 
 Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2012 at 14:17
Don't you feel increasingly depressed each day now, without seeking help. Life is for living well. ~ TheAlaniDragonRising
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2012 at 06:52

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that - Martin Luther King Jr
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2012 at 12:46

If you don’t want to lose your ability to use your mind for thinking and lose your mind in total confusion, then you don’t want to stop using your brain for thinking tasks now on a daily basis. - TheAlaniDragonRising

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 09:18
My only weakness is to trust in those who have ultimately let me down, and in turn have become less than their potential - TheAlaniDragonRising

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 21-Oct-2012 at 09:19
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 09:08
To copy the weaknesses of great people instead copying their strenghts is a point of weakness.
DQ
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 08:55
If I become insane now or in the future, I think I would like it to be thought of like this:

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” - Edgar Allan Poe
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2012 at 08:00

Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere - Albert Einstein.

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 17:33

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. --William Shakespeare
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 11:40
I kind of wonder where the mind goes when you lose your mind totally. - TheAlaniDragonRisingSmile
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2012 at 00:09

The violet growing along the mountain path grows for no one in particular, but most cannot overlook or forget it. ~ Masanobu Fukuoka
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 10:06
Do you have terrible nightmares, so you find it impossible to get a good night's sleep? Wake up to yourself. Don't you have terrible nightmares, and don't you find it impossible to have a good night's sleep because your mind is driving you insane. Relax instead and remind yourself they are not real. - TheAlaniDragonRising.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 03:53
I can't think of anything more frustrating than the idea that after studying for many years, you might start to forget everything that you have ever learned, and end up in a state where you remember nothing - TheAlaniDragonRising
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2012 at 03:44
You might become insane, however will you feel yourself going insane, quack quack quack, not a bit of it - TheAlaniDragonRisingLOL
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SuryaVajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 00:18

Oops Thanks

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 00:13
Originally posted by SuryaVajra

"Behind every fortune, there is a crime"
Godfather
That should read, "Behind every great fortune, there is a crime."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>