Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan Trkiye Enter to northern ıraq??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Trkiye Enter to northern &#305;raq??
    Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 17:07
My grading--irrelevant to many as it might be--of the discussion members so far:

-Feanor:ClapClapClapClapClap
-Cent:ClapClapClap
-MortazaClapClap
-Day I:Confused
-Bulldog:Thumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20Down

Edited by konstantinius - 27-Jan-2007 at 17:28
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 17:38
TheGAME

Not PKK. Barzani and Talabani are the tools. Besides during the PKK rebels the closest ally of Turkey were Barzani and Talabani. PKK has said such things because Turkey has accepted a federalism between Kurds. And this solution includes N. Iraq. That's all.

And by the way just for clarifying Kurds in Turkey have the right to speak and learn their mother language.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 17:45
Pkk views itself the Head and Barzani and Talabani are just tools according to them, they've openly said this before aswell, especially when the two were fighting.

Edited by Bulldog - 27-Jan-2007 at 17:46
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:06
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

TheGAME

PKK has said such things because Turkey has accepted a federalism between Kurds. And this solution includes N. Iraq. That's all.

Turkey isnt federalist, what are you talking about?

Originally posted by The Hidden Face

And by the way just for clarifying Kurds in Turkey have the right to speak and learn their mother language.

Yes, this is a right they got relatively recently (within the past decade I believe, not sure).
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 15:18
hey Konstaninious i am grading your grading

Thumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20Down

Bulldog was probably the best among them.he was alone,but he didnt give up.Go Bulldog,go!!

let me tell you about something.there is a promise thet Turks call "Misak-i Milli" the national promise.this promise has some objectives.some of them were done(capitulations,Anitoch,Adrianople).but some are undone(Mosul,Kerkuk,BatumCyprus) yet.Misak-i Milli is nearly forgotten today but due to the bad politics of PKK and rising of nationalism in Turkey,the raged people in Turkey started to remember it.a government with the full support of the Turkish people will decide to enter N.Iraq soon.not now,maybe tomorrow.Yes,Turkish army is not as capable as US but you cant imagine the fanatism in the Turkish army.US lost 5500 soldiers in Iraq.Turkey may lose 50.000 but will not care.this may sound like a legend to you but people there are a bit crazy about their army.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 18:02
Kirkuk was not in Misak-i Milli, Mosul was in.

But there is no doubt that it was a Turkmen city until second Gulf War.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 18:40
And it is Turkey that has been the protector of Northern Iraq against Saddam especially after 1991. It is Turkey that supplies N. Iraq economically now. There are full Turkish products over there.

No, Iran supplies just as much, if not more. Barzani warned the Turkish that the times of threats and bullying is over, so I don't think he is in the pockets of Ankara like you claim.

Batu: I will tell you now, Turkey will not be so foolish as to invade Northern Iraq for many many good reasons, despite the delusional wet dreams of Turkish ultra-nationalists whose mouths water at the prospect of invading Iraq and killing Kurds.

It does not matter if 50,000 Turkish soldiers die? It will not matter if 50% of the Kurdish population dies they will never give in, you should find out what Peesh-marg means.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 19:19
Originally posted by Batu

Turkey may lose 50.000 but will not care.

It seems you are too eager about it.
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 23:42

Are you willing to be one of those or are you going to be the one encouraging others to go to their death while your safe at home?

30000 people died in Turkey, isnt that enough? Why more killing, how about compromise for a change?
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
apesako View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 23:59
what 30000 what about 1.5 million armenians huh they been sloughtered. they didnt die. and what about pkk
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 00:19
Originally posted by apesako

what 30000 what about 1.5 million armenians huh they been sloughtered. they didnt die. and what about pkk

I'm trying to say killing is not the answer, and since the topic isnt about Armenian's but rather Kurds, I mentioned the 30,000 dead because of the fighting between the government and the Kurds.
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 03:02
Recently the political spokesman of the terrorist organization PKK Ahmed Turk has stated that Turkey should become "Big brother" of N. Iraq.  Infact Turkey is running for a Turkish-Kurdish federation that includes N. Iraq. Everyone should get ready to face that reality.  

why dont you face reality? Turkey is a nation state. Even someone freely give older ottoman states, Turkey will not accept it.

Ahmet Turk and kurds always say same thing. They and PKK always talk peace thing too but soldiers still die.

What North Iraqians want to use Turkey kurdish population for their interest, not for our interest.

North iraqian kurds does not want an other big brother. They want independence.(Noone can accuse them after Saddam) Why do you think they will trust turks more than arabs? (Because we treated them better?)

No need to dream.

I should add 50.000 people is not much for kerkuk but what we would sacrify is more than 50.000 people.

Also Turkey will care. people are not so ready for expansionist wars.

Edited by Mortaza - 29-Jan-2007 at 03:09
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 04:19
Batu, you're advocating a war that will cost thousands of lives.

Why don't you lead the army?

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 04:48

wars are reality of life. If necessary, we should not flee from it.Otherwise, It is stupidy nothing more.

wont you sacrify 50.000 people for independent Kurdistan?

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 05:22
the question is, will he sacrifice his own life?
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 06:46
And it is Turkey that has been the protector of Northern Iraq against Saddam especially after 1991. It is Turkey that supplies N. Iraq economically now. There are full Turkish products over there.

Zagros
No, Iran supplies just as much, if not more. Barzani warned the Turkish that the times of threats and bullying is over, so I don't think he is in the pockets of Ankara like you claim.

Actually Zagros he's not making it up, Turkey is slowly making North Iraq relient on it for goods, Iran is also involved but if you notice in shops there majority of goods are from Turkey.

In addition to this alot of the business have been bought up, what is interesting is that nearly all are related to "OYAK", Turkish members will know what this means.

When Barzani and Talabani were given Turkish passports they were encouraged to invest in Turkey, it wouldn't be suprising if they were all survellenced and shut down in any kind of problem.

Oh, and the water to the region comes from Turkey.

All in all, it would be wiser for Bazani to tackle Pkk Terrorism himself rather than playing silly pollitical games with fire.

p.s The_Game, what you getting bothered about, if Turkey doesn't enter Iran will, Iran's shelling Northern Iraq, plus Pejak terrorists are attacking Iran, the main seperatist movement in Iran is Kurdish.

Please wake-up, this isn't just Turkey's problem, Iran's views arn't to different.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 14:23
Originally posted by Bulldog

p.s The_Game, what you getting bothered about, if Turkey doesn't enter Iran will, Iran's shelling Northern Iraq, plus Pejak terrorists are attacking Iran, the main seperatist movement in Iran is Kurdish.

Please wake-up, this isn't just Turkey's problem, Iran's views arn't to different.

Iran's situation with Kurds is not the same as Turkey's situation with Kurds. In Turkey, Kurds are fighting to stay Kurds, in Iran, the SUNNI Kurds (not all Kurds are sunni in Iran, some are Shia) are fighting mainly because the government in shia and oppresses sunni'ism. In Iran, the situation is totally different, and yes, many sunni kurds do advocate a Kurdish state, but many of them would also be happy living in a federalist democractic secular Iran (KDPI for example, which stands for Kurdish Democratic Party of Iran, they are seperatists but they have also shown that they are willing to live in an Iran where the leadership is free and fair)

Iran is not advocating any type of invasion of northern Iraq, however, Iran is playing its hands really well in my opinion. Iran is not making this a Kurdish-Iranian issue, its making this a seperatist-Iranian issue.

For example, the comments on this very talk page reflect the mentality that many Turks have, that Turkey will never become federalist and that Kurds should consider themselves Turks, (whether that means nationality wise of ethnically wise, thats in the air).

Iran will never invade and occupy northern Iraq, it has no reason to, however, it will make small operations against terrorist groups if needed.

Where as Iran will most likely befriend a Kurdish state, Turkey is most likely to invade it, the question is WHY.

Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 14:41

Please wake-up bro

The-Game
Iran's situation with Kurds is not the same as Turkey's situation with Kurds. In Turkey, Kurds are fighting to stay Kurds, in Iran, the SUNNI Kurds (not all Kurds are sunni in Iran, some are Shia) are fighting mainly because the government in shia and oppresses sunni'ism. In Iran, the situation is totally different, and yes, many sunni kurds do advocate a Kurdish state, but many of them would also be happy living in a federalist democractic secular Iran (KDPI for example, which stands for Kurdish Democratic Party of Iran, they are seperatists but they have also shown that they are willing to live in an Iran where the leadership is free and fair)

Well what's different?

Not all Kurds in Turkey are fighting, there are very sucessfull Kurds, Kurds in pollitics etc etc

Some Kurds want Federalism.

Some want total Seperatism.

Some just live everyday life and are apollitical.

The_Game
Iran is not making this a Kurdish-Iranian issue, its making this a seperatist-Iranian issue.
That's what Turkiye says about herself.

The_Game
For example, the comments on this very talk page reflect the mentality that many Turks have, that Turkey will never become federalist and that Kurds should consider themselves Turks

Total and utter rubbish, a few members on a forum don't represent a country, there giving their personal views you don't have to agree or disagree with them/

So you actually believe Iran's going to become some secularist federalist state.......what's the difference then?

The_Game
Iran will never invade and occupy northern Iraq,

And who made you international spokesperson of Iran? Iran may enter may not, unless your in government you'll probobly never know cos it's not like they'll be blurting it out on a forum.

The_Game
Where as Iran will most likely befriend a Kurdish state, Turkey is most likely to invade it

No, Turkey's most likey to befriend a Kurdish state, Iran and Turkey love the idea of a Kurdish state so much......this is childish.
Albert Pine

General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 14:54

hey Konstaninious i am grading your grading

Thumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20Down

Yeah, well, I'm not surprised.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 14:54
Originally posted by mamikon

the question is, will he sacrifice his own life?

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>