Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan Trkiye Enter to northern ıraq??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Trkiye Enter to northern &#305;raq??
    Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 09:36
Originally posted by Zagros

Don't call them Peshmerga, they are professional soldiers - Peshmerga makes them sound unofficial. Peshmerga are ideologically motivated guerilla fighters.
They are peshmerga's not soldiers, many of them where recruited for only because they could handle a gun and could run fast. Also they are not a part of Iraq'i army, like army of mehdi individual. The pkk terrorists are more experienced and better then those.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 10:02
Originally posted by Bulldog

I can't believe they would accept such a suicidal position as the one they'll be entering, currently the Kurds have had the least of the trouble why get involved now? it's a game and there being used .
Sure, the Kurds are being "used" in much the same way that they have "used" the United States over the past 17 years.   The relationship between the Kurds and the USA has been both mutually beneficial and mutually uhhmmm... useful.   U.S. leaders reminded the Kurds of the mutually useful aspect of the raltionship.  The Kurds agreed that it would be benefical to them that the relationship with the USA continue.

The number of Kurdish troops (3,000) was probably carefully selected and is the ideal number.  It is significant, but not overly so.  Also, I have a suspicion that Kurdish leadership is going to arrange that their troops are not given the most hazardous assignments.   Perhaps they will be used to protect a historicaly Kurdish district (if one exists) or the Christian district (few Christians are left in Baghdad).

No doubt that the mtually useful relationship between USA and the Kurds is going to continue.

Edited by Cryptic - 15-Jan-2007 at 10:04
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 10:30
Turkey did entered Northeren Iraq even northeren Iran in 1995.destroyed many camps,killed,arrested many terrorists.after these campain of operations the pkk began to slow down.but today they rise again becouse Barzani supports them and  those terrorists may see Turkish Mountain Commandos in Northern Iraq soon.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Huncuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 12:18

Turk commandoes are already in Iraq.

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 12:20
Originally posted by Huncuk

Turk commandoes are already in Iraq.

They must be  caution because there are  US Rangers and Marines !!!!LOL
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 13:56
You are a bad bad guy akritas!LOL
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 14:02
Originally posted by Mortaza

You are a bad bad guy akritas!LOL
Evil%20SmileLOL
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 16:57
Turkey will never enter northern Iraq. Civil War in turkey cost 30000 lives, what good would it be to Turkey if they tried to occupy Northern Iraq. Turkey's army isnt like the USA, they will have even more casualties than the US is having against the Sunni's and Shia's.

Also, I doubt Iran will ever enter Norther Iraq. Infact, the Kurdish government and Iran seem to have pretty good relations right now. Iran may even help this Kurdish government.

Also, I think sending Kurdish units to Baghdad is a very good idea. The Sunni's wont be able to complain that the Shia's control everything anymore, and hopefully, it will bring a Sunni-Shia balance.

Edited by TheGame - 15-Jan-2007 at 17:00
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 17:33
I strongly suggest you gather some better intellegence and knowledge about the Kurdish regime in the North and Iran. If U.S pull out, it wouldn't be suprising if Iran entered before Turkey.

Sending Kurdish units to Baghdad is a VERY good idea? Let's carry this conversation on in a few months...
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 17:35

I strongly suggest you gather some better intellegence and knowledge about the Kurdish regime in the North and Iran. If U.S pull out, it wouldn't be suprising if Iran entered before Turkey.

Why would Iran go in? Iran will probably accept the new Kurdish region and help prop it up, winning points with its own kurds.

Why fight when you can go the easy way and make friends with your "enemy".

Iran has perfectly good relations with other Sunni nations, so there will be no Shia-Sunni conflict with a Kurdish State, and like I said, Iran supporting and having good relations with a Kurdish state will not only win it points with the kurds within Iran, but will also drastically cut attacks.

Sending Kurdish units to Baghdad is a VERY good idea? Let's carry this conversation on in a few months...

Why is it a bad idea?

Edited by TheGame - 15-Jan-2007 at 17:37
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 17:51
Originally posted by DayI

Don't call them Peshmerga, they are professional soldiers - Peshmerga makes them sound unofficial. Peshmerga are ideologically motivated guerilla fighters.
They are peshmerga's not soldiers, many of them where recruited for only because they could handle a gun and could run fast. Also they are not a part of Iraq'i army, like army of mehdi individual. The pkk terrorists are more experienced and better then those.

They are professional soldiers, they are not like Mehdi army since they are the army of the democratically elected Kurdish authority in Northern Iraq which pays them, not of some local war lord.

many of them where recruited for only because they could handle a gun and could run fast.

You know this how?  Do you even know the recent history of the Kurds in Iraq?  They had been at war for over 30 years.  Furthermore, you have no idea how motivated these men of Barzani are.
G闥han View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 18:26

Turkey does not seem to go in iraq in this year.

The government does not seem to be sad about Kirkuk's situation.

We sell electricity to north iraq for 5 cents while selling to our businessman for 8 cents and to Syria for 7 cents.

at this political situation; i have no hope for it sadly.

We should wait the elections and see

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 19:38
The_Game
Why would Iran go in? Iran will probably accept the new Kurdish region and help prop it up, winning points with its own kurds.

Iran has perfectly good relations with other Sunni nations, so there will be no Shia-Sunni conflict with a Kurdish State, and like I said, Iran supporting and having good relations with a Kurdish state will not only win it points with the kurds within Iran, but will also drastically cut attacks.

It would be lovely if Iran could go around making friends with everyone but its just not that simple. There is Pejak terrorism against Iran, the main seperatist group in Iran is Kurdish, a Kurdish state is definately not in Iran's interests. Kurdish, Persian, Turkish people and society get on very well however, this isn't the problem, its the ruler's that are. And if we are to be realistic, there are financers and investers who want to see Iran and Kurds be in conflict.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 20:22

The_Game

It would be lovely if Iran could go around making friends with everyone but its just not that simple. There is Pejak terrorism against Iran, the main seperatist group in Iran is Kurdish, a Kurdish state is definately not in Iran's interests. Kurdish, Persian, Turkish people and society get on very well however, this isn't the problem, its the ruler's that are. And if we are to be realistic, there are financers and investers who want to see Iran and Kurds be in conflict.

Iran does not have a problem with Kurds, nor a Kurdish States. Iran has a problem with seperatists and a Kurdish state wishing to seperate Kordestan from Iran.

And from the looks of it, Iraqi Kurdistan and Iran will probably make a deal. Iran supports them and they support Iran. Iranian Kurds will be happy that Iran and a new Kurdistan have good relations, etc...

Iran has shown no signs of aggression towards the Kurdish government in norther Iraq as far as I know.

Also, regarding the question about Kurdish soldiers in Baghdad, why is that a bad idea?
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 08:28

Originally posted by DayI

They are professional soldiers, they are not like Mehdi army since they are the army of the democratically elected Kurdish authority in Northern Iraq which pays them, not of some local war lord.
They are both the same! They are both individual's army, barzani and talebani are now united but 10-15 years before they where both in war with Pkk and even themselfs.

Im telling you but im not advocating them Pkk terrorists are more experienced and better then those peshmerga's.

many of them where recruited for only because they could handle a gun and could run fast.

You know this how?  Do you even know the recent history of the Kurds in Iraq?  They had been at war for over 30 years.  Furthermore, you have no idea how motivated these men of Barzani are.
How I know this? DO you know who did pay those peshmerga's in the beginning of 90's? Do you know who did train those peshmerga's?? Turkey and Turkish army dude! What has motivation to do? They have never been into battle's with professional army's, so tell me what motivation will they have against a professional, experienced army?

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 08:31
Originally posted by TheGame

Iran has shown no signs of aggression towards the Kurdish government in norther Iraq as far as I know.

They (Iran) bombed some PKK camps near Iranian border with rockets.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 11:11
hey TheGame

it is not a civil war that is between pkk and Turkey.its war on terror.those 30000 Turkish people are mostly civillians (doctors,teachers,lawyers).
     Turkish army has 25 years of experience in mountain warfare and Turkey has better mountain commandos then the USA has.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 11:39
"those 30000 Turkish people are mostly civillians (doctors,teachers,lawyers)."

Where did you get this from? Those 30 000 people are mostly KURDS.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 11:53
of course there are kurdish people among the 30.000.but those Kurds were in Turkish side.you dont get it.its not a war between Kurds and Turks.its between PKK and Turkey.Kurds here are doctors,judges,soldiers,officers even head of the state(Turgut 畤al,İsmet İnon).they are not separeted from Turks.we live together,we fight shoulder to shoulder against terrorism.there are many fallen commandos which are ethnically Kurdish in Northern Iraq's mountains.
  well,my father is an officer,once he told me about a soldier under his command.he said that that soldier is his favourite,he is from Van,a perfect sharpshooter(the best in his barracks) honest and hardworking.
 and this guy used to wear Turkish Army Uniform and he is proud of it.he will not hesistate to kick PKK's a** if he faced a terrorist believe me.
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 11:54
well said Batu..

Cent, one thing you fail to admit is that these dead peole were Turkish citizens...be it Turk, Kurd or Zaza.
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>