Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan Trkiye Enter to northern ıraq??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Trkiye Enter to northern &#305;raq??
    Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:20

"The_Game
Where as Iran will most likely befriend a Kurdish state, Turkey is most likely to invade it

No, Turkey's most likey to befriend a Kurdish state, Iran and Turkey love the idea of a Kurdish state so much......this is childish."

It's so funny to see when grey wolfs get angry. Why are you against a Kurdish state?

Why does it bother you? I know why. Because you're a fascist/ultra-nationalistic Turk.

How many Turkish states are there? Can't we have one atleast?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:30
Originally posted by Bulldog

Please wake-up bro

Well what's different?

Not all Kurds in Turkey are fighting, there are very sucessfull Kurds, Kurds in pollitics etc etc

Some Kurds want Federalism.

Some want total Seperatism.

Some just live everyday life and are apollitical.

The difference is huge. For example, Iran did not refer to kurds as "Mountain Persians" or anything of the sort for 70-80 years, and atleast since the Mullahs have taken over (I dont know about the Shah's time) they have been free to speak their language and practice their culture, as all other minorities in Iran can. They even have their own newspapers and television programs.

All of these are relatively new rights in Turkey for kurds.

And yes, you are right, not all Kurds in Turkey are fighting, just as not all Iraqi's are fighting the USA, but that still doesnt mean that they have emotional leanings one way or another.

And yes, some Kurds would love to live in a federalist Turkey, but as posts made right here by the majority of the Turks participating in this thread, its pretty evidence that the Turkish government is not willing to compromise on the issue.

That's what Turkiye says about herself.

No, Turkey made it a Turkish-Kurdish issue the very day that it imposed Turkishness on them as a way of life. If the Kurds did not fight for a decade in the 1970's/80's and if the EU didnt put pressure on Turkey, the government probably would still be called "mountain Turks" and their language and culture would probably still be banned.

Total and utter rubbish, a few members on a forum don't represent a country, there giving their personal views you don't have to agree or disagree with them/

ok, but you would be delusional if you didnt believe that nationalism in Turkey is at an all time high, and getting even stronger.

So you actually believe Iran's going to become some secularist federalist state.......what's the difference then?

i hope it will, and that would be the best. Everyone living happily in a unified nation while still being able to keep their uniqueness.

For example, the USA would not exist today if it wasnt for federalism, each state is like its own nation here, nations that have come together under one banner and one federal government for strength and economic well being.

And who made you international spokesperson of Iran? Iran may enter may not, unless your in government you'll probobly never know cos it's not like they'll be blurting it out on a forum.

a) northern Iraq has nothing Iran wants.

b) Iran is not willing to make its own Kurdish situation worse by making enemies with Kurds in northern Iraq.

c) Iran plays strategically, not emotionally or nationalistically (this ones obvious, our regime is Islamic Cry).

Name one good reason why Iran would want to enter northern Iraq, if anything, Iran would enter southern Shia Iraq rather than Sunni, northern Iraq.

No, Turkey's most likey to befriend a Kurdish state, Iran and Turkey love the idea of a Kurdish state so much......this is childish.

Whats so childish about that? Suddenly befriending nations is childish?

So you dont think Turkey will invade northern Iraq if the Kurds declared independence?

If you had to choose one, which one do you think, honestly, is more likely to invade northern Iraq, the Turkish government of the Iranian government? (or maybe even Syria?)

If you want to know the truth, I would love for their to be a Kurdish state in the area of present day northern Iraq, and I would much more love for Turkey and Iran to both have friendly relations with it!

Edited by TheGame - 29-Jan-2007 at 15:32
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:43
Hey Zagros, I have read your posts of last pages, and U MUST KNOW  that, even though u're a moderator, that never gives u right to tell anybody here to shut up. I am sure if anybody else did, u would definetely ban him. Think about it and understand that nobody afraids of u. Everybody have own thoughts and we must respect each other. U - yourself havent proved anything yet besides grading others together with Constantinus. Take it serious. Sometimes, u have to give up your positions too. that how it works and do not try to teach how to be clever to others, please. Do not take my words as a threat, but I have always tried to be realistic.

Kirkuk, both in national annnnnnnnnnd in Governmental level means a lot for Turks. Kurds, are free to speak their language and to teach it and in fact they do, u might not know, and dont speak if u dont. Erzurum is full of Kurds and they have schools their that teach Kurdish. Just look to the bury ceremony of Hrant Dink and see how generous turks we are to our neighbours, Armenians which behaves us not in the same way.

Guys, please, stop calling us fascist, ultra nationalist and bla bla bla. 1st of all those are all bsht. We dont even take them serious. The second, we are never ultra nationalists, or racists, or anything like that. And it is like swearing us, which actually is not right and out of rules of the forum. I wonder where does adminstration looks to!? And then, when bulldog answers to those, u call him racist as well. Hey is this some kind of a strategy??? We did not say anything about etnicity here???? It is just a status discussion. What the hell is wrong with u guys? Who gave permission to u Constantinus to grade us? Are we so poor and weak, that we will be influanced by the grading list of some guy who even I do not know anything about, besides his nick and avatar???? Oh come on man. Stop it. Who gave u permission Zagros to call "A Grey Dog"???? So if u call our beliefes like that (I am glad that u're not in Turkey, man, u should have bean dead already), then what if I call your Aslan, a little dirty fox cheeter????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If u want to get normal answers, then ask normal questions. Stop insulting us. No one afraids of u!!!
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:46
Originally posted by Kerimoglu

Hey Zagros, I have read your posts of last pages, and U MUST KNOW  that, even though u're a moderator, that never gives u right to tell anybody here to shut up. I am sure if anybody else did, u would definetely ban him. Think about it and understand that nobody afraids of u. Everybody have own thoughts and we must respect each other. U - yourself havent proved anything yet besides grading others together with Constantinus. Take it serious. Sometimes, u have to give up your positions too. that how it works and do not try to teach how to be clever to others, please. Do not take my words as a threat, but I have always tried to be realistic.

Kirkuk, both in national annnnnnnnnnd in Governmental level means a lot for Turks. Kurds, are free to speak their language and to teach it and in fact they do, u might not know, and dont speak if u dont. Erzurum is full of Kurds and they have schools their that teach Kurdish. Just look to the bury ceremony of Hrant Dink and see how generous turks we are to our neighbours, Armenians which behaves us not in the same way.

Guys, please, stop calling us fascist, ultra nationalist and bla bla bla. 1st of all those are all bsht. We dont even take them serious. The second, we are never ultra nationalists, or racists, or anything like that. And it is like swearing us, which actually is not right and out of rules of the forum. I wonder where does adminstration looks to!? And then, when bulldog answers to those, u call him racist as well. Hey is this some kind of a strategy??? We did not say anything about etnicity here???? It is just a status discussion. What the hell is wrong with u guys? Who gave permission to u Constantinus to grade us? Are we so poor and weak, that we will be influanced by the grading list of some guy who even I do not know anything about, besides his nick and avatar???? Oh come on man. Stop it. Who gave u permission Zagros to call "A Grey Dog"???? So if u call our beliefes like that (I am glad that u're not in Turkey, man, u should have bean dead already), then what if I call your Aslan, a little dirty fox cheeter????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If u want to get normal answers, then ask normal questions. Stop insulting us. No one afraids of u!!!

Wait wait wait... so there is no ultranationalism in Turkey?
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:54
Cent
It's so funny to see when grey wolfs get angry. 
Why does it bother you? I know why. Because you're a fascist/ultra-nationalistic Turk.

Clap  Go on drop the mask, what other little childish petty comments have you got up your sleeve LOL

Cent
Why are you against a Kurdish state?  

Who said I'm personally against a Kurdish state? your just making it up as you go along.

If Kurds found an independant state in North Iraq good for them, I hope their successful.

The_Game
The difference is huge. For example, Iran did not refer to kurds as "Mountain Persians" or anything of the sort for 70-80 years, and atleast since the Mullahs have taken over (I dont know about the Shah's time) they have been free to speak their language and practice their culture, as all other minorities in Iran can. They even have their own newspapers and television programs.

What huge difference? Kurds in Turkey today have television programs, newspaper's, are in pollitics, restrictions on language have been lifted.

The_Game
All of these are relatively new rights in Turkey for kurds.

You yourself say the Mollah's bought more rights to Kurds then during the Shah era so its pretty new in Iran aswell. Well then what are you talking about a secular federal state for then. The religous state is more relaxed regarding this matter.

The_Game
And yes, some Kurds would love to live in a federalist Turkey, but as posts made right here by the majority of the Turks participating in this thread, its pretty evidence that the Turkish government is not willing to compromise on the issue.

Let's first distinguish between internet "forums" and the state, then realise that personal views and opinions on a forum hardly are a countries official foreign policy.

The_Game
i hope it will, and that would be the best. Everyone living happily in a unified nation while still being able to keep their uniqueness.

For example, the USA would not exist today if it wasnt for federalism, each state is like its own nation here, nations that have come together under one banner and one federal government for strength and economic well being.

Your dreaming and actually it would be suicide for Iran, the theocratic state has had the best policy to different ethnics and minorities, a secularist nation state installed via revolution will be putty in the hands of those who want to see Iran destroyed.

The_Game
Name one good reason why Iran would want to enter northern Iraq, if anything, Iran would enter southern Shia Iraq rather than Sunni, northern Iraq.

There's countless reason's. After U.S pull out it may decide to enter in order to take out U.S linked groups and install her own people instead. Control the Oil flow, eliminate Terrorism, have a permanant base so terrorism cannot continue etc etc

Iran already has enemies in Norther Iraq man, where are all these Terror attacks being organised from. Who are Northern Iraq Kurds closest to? Iran or U.S-Israel hmm

The_Game
If you had to choose one, which one do you think, honestly, is more likely to invade northern Iraq, the Turkish government of the Iranian government? (or maybe even Syria?)

All of them could, they might even go in together seen as though their ties are increasing, or instead of going in they can just cut everything going in and the state would cease to exist a war isn't even needed.

The_Game
If you want to know the truth, I would love for their to be a Kurdish state in the area of present day northern Iraq, and I would much more love for Turkey and Iran to both have friendly relations with it!

It would be nice but it's not likely to happen any time soon as things stand.

Your very idealistic and have romantic views, unfortunately the real world is pretty brutal.

Edited by Bulldog - 29-Jan-2007 at 15:56
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 15:55
That is totally different questions. there are, everywhere fascists, but that never means we fascists. Turks always know how to defend their honor. They will not let anybody to burn Turkish Flag and live there an hour after that. And that is not a racism, that is a patriotism. Lets not go away from the topic. If u want to discuss nationalism in Turkey, u may just open another topic and invite us there, or u may just ask me to do that.

Thanks, Kerimoglu.
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:05

That is totally different questions. there are, everywhere fascists, but that never means we fascists. Turks always know how to defend their honor. They will not let anybody to burn Turkish Flag and live there an hour after that. And that is not a racism, that is a patriotism. Lets not go away from the topic. If u want to discuss nationalism in Turkey, u may just open another topic and invite us there, or u may just ask me to do that.

Thanks, Kerimoglu.

But you just said there is no ultra nationalism in Turkey, and now you are saying that nationalism is ok? You just contradicted yourself twice.
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:10

And what's your problem, he's giving his individual opinion like everybody else, it doesn't make it true or false its just his perspective.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:12

This thread is getting nowhere. The usual suspects making slick comments at eachother.

Last chance to make this worthwhile or it will be closed.

Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:15
Ok, or, I am stupid, or u got me right but u dont want to show it, or u totally got me wrong, TheGame. Ok, for the last possible reason I will explain my oppinion once more. U bolded the part where i told that Zagros should havs been killed for his words if he was in Turkey. Why I told it, becouse calling wolf a dog, as an unsult, telling that we are racist here, is almost the same with burning flag. And there would be people who would kill the one who burns Turkish flag and that is patriotism. Even government will not punish him as much as they do for other violence. There are also groups or individuals in Turkey, that are Ultra Nationalists, or extremists. They are everywhere and their true patriotism is zero. Their stupid ideas are what makes them to be so. And at last, As far as I know those turkish guys here in this forum, They cannot be counted as an ultranationalists. We just discuss some issues here which freaks u out and I dont know really why? What, are we going to solve Turkish Kurdish problem here? U know, Bulldog is very right, u're really romantic and optimistic. U have to come to feet.  
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:15

What huge difference? Kurds in Turkey today have television programs, newspaper's, are in pollitics, restrictions on language have been lifted.

Today is the key word, and they are still relatively limited, the question is, if the EU and the PKK hadnt forced this on the Turkish government, would these reforms have taken place themselves? I doubt it.

That is the difference.

You yourself say the Mollah's bought more rights to Kurds then during the Shah era so its pretty new in Iran aswell. Well then what are you talking about a secular federal state for then. The religous state is more relaxed regarding this matter.

No, Shahi Iran was still more tolerant than Turkey in regards to minority rights, although the Shah was a pretty brutal person. and no, minority rights are not new to Iran, they have been around for a long time, but especially since 1979. In Turkey, minority rights is relatively new, since the late 1990's.

And there are many religious problems with this Shia ruled government. Many of the seperatist issues are because the Balouchi's and Kurds are mostly Sunni.

A democratic federalist secular Iran should have no problems. Shahi Iran was secular, but it was neither democratic nor federalist.

Let's first distinguish between internet "forums" and the state, then realise that personal views and opinions on a forum hardly are a countries official foreign policy.

But a nations policy reflects on its people. For example, you see many Iranians chanting death to America because the Iranian government encourages it.

Government policies do get reflected amongst the public.

Your dreaming and actually it would be suicide for Iran, the theocratic state has had the best policy to different ethnics and minorities, a secularist nation state installed via revolution will be putty in the hands of those who want to see Iran destroyed.

Why would federalism be bad and how would people who want to see Iran get destroyed gain power in a revolution?

Federalism is the future. Also, I did not say that Iran would become federalist over night. For Iran to become a federalist nation, it would definetly require decades of more centralization to develope the nation and prepare the provinces for federalism.

There's countless reason's. After U.S pull out it may decide to enter in order to take out U.S linked groups and install her own people instead. Control the Oil flow, eliminate Terrorism, have a permanant base so terrorism cannot continue etc etc

Iran already has enemies in Norther Iraq man, where are all these Terror attacks being organised from. Who are Northern Iraq Kurds closest to? Iran or U.S-Israel hmm

Iran will do that to the south, I am 100% sure, however, northern Iraq is a different issue. Iran doesnt need it, it would be much easier for Iran to take southern Iraq.

There is not reason why Iran would take northern Iraq. Southern Iraq is Shia and has more oil. Iran would rather befriend a Kurdish government and through compromise and agreements, have them crack down on terrorism.

All of them could, they might even go in together seen as though their ties are increasing, or instead of going in they can just cut everything going in and the state would cease to exist a war isn't even needed.

But why not just accept them?

It would be nice but it's not likely to happen any time soon as things stand.

Your very idealistic and have romantic views, unfortunately the real world is pretty brutal.

No, its not that hard at all, why is it that the Europeans have been able to solve all their issues but us middle easterners still have to fight like barbarians?

Remember, Europe has just as many seperatist movements as the Middle East does, but apart from a few instances, its peaceful over there, everyone is generally happy.

Edited by TheGame - 29-Jan-2007 at 16:18
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:16
Originally posted by Seko

This thread is getting nowhere. The usual suspects making slick comments at eachother.

Last chance to make this worthwhile or it will be closed.

I agree, lets just lock this thread, its gone off topic and the discussion is no longer interesting, its getting pretty vile.
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:18
man, 3 topics are closed only today just becouse of the tension. hmm. There are much bigger problems among us. It seems we dont even know how to communicate each other.
TheGame View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:19

And what's your problem, he's giving his individual opinion like everybody else, it doesn't make it true or false its just his perspective.

No, I didnt mean anything, in his first post he just mentioned that there is no ultra nationalism, etc.. etc.., but then he contradicted himself by making nationalistic comments and saying that people who insult Turkey or the Turkish flag should die etc...

Is that not ultra nationalism? Thats the point I was trying to make.

Anyway, lock this thread.
Join the:

Iranian History Forum

Everyone is welcome.
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:35

I wrote u my answer, couple posts before.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 16:37
The_Game
Today is the key word, and they are still relatively limited, the question is, if the EU hadnt forced this on the Turkish government, would these reforms have taken place themselves? I doubt it.

Who cares, there are reforms that's what's important and their carrying on.

The_Game
That is the difference.
What difference? Iran doesn't exactly have a golden human rights record either now does it.

The_Game
A democratic federalist secular Iran should have no problems. Shahi Iran was secular, but it was neither democratic nor federalist.

And what movement is there to create such an ideal? who is the financer, how will it be done, how will it be implemented.......

The_Game
But a nations policy reflects on its people. For example, you see many Iranians chanting death to America because the Iranian government encourages it.
England went to war in Iraq, over a million protested against it, so it kind of dispells your theory on the spot.

The_Game
There is not reason why Iran would take northern Iraq. Southern Iraq is Shia and has more oil. Iran would rather befriend a Kurdish government and through compromise and agreements, have them crack down on terrorism.
Iran doesn't want a U.S-Israeli base in the region it doesn't take a pollitical strategist to work this out.

The_Game
Why would federalism be bad and how would people who want to see Iran get destroyed gain power in a revolution?

We've argued this countless times, check past discussions, basically federalism on paper isn't necessarilly bad but in today's situation its not very practical.

The_Game
No, its not that hard at all, why is it that the Europeans have been able to solve all their issues but us middle easterners still have to fight like barbarians?

After WW1 then WW2, the continent being a blood bath twice in less than half a century people had enough.

Plus, what about all the war's in the Balkans, the Irish conflict, ETA issue etc etc

Don't forget European countries today are democratic, have high living standards and pretty powerfull economies.

Unlike alot of the middle east which has dictatorships and money grabbing monarchies who dnt give a crap about their people.
Albert Pine

konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 18:18

You are right to be upset, perhaps. But may I remind you that Zagros was asking for proof on your part about your alleged Turkmen persecution by Kurds in N. Iraq? In other words, making claims that you can't back will cause unfavorable comments by others. As well as blaming those others, I will have to ask you to also examine the nature of your own approach.

????? So, this is your argument: the fact that the state allowed the funeral of a murdered minority personality who was murdered exactly because of his minority views is presented as evidence of the toleration of said minority. It's like saying "I'm only alive when I'm dead", i.e. doesn't make any sense.

Guys, please, stop calling us fascist, ultra nationalist and bla bla bla.
Well, you're gonna have to help us a bit towards that directionWink  1st of all those are all bsht. We dont even take them serious. The second, we are never ultra nationalists, or racists, or anything like that.
Some are VERY nationalistic. But if people could see their own nationalism I guess we wouldn't be having this discussion

And it is like swearing us, which actually is not right and out of rules of the forum. I wonder where does adminstration looks to!? And then, when bulldog answers to those, u call him racist as well. Hey is this some kind of a strategy??? We did not say anything about etnicity here???? It is just a status discussion. What the hell is wrong with u guys? Who gave permission to u Constantinus to grade us?
No one. Permission is not neccessary in this case. I was expressing my personal oppinion in a non-defamatory, non-derogatory way. It's called "freedom of expression"Wink
Are we so poor and weak, that we will be influanced by the grading list of some guy who even I do not know anything about, besides his nick and avatar????
I don't know, are you?LOL
Oh come on man. Stop it. Who gave u permission Zagros to call "A Grey Dog"???? So if u call our beliefes like that (I am glad that u're not in Turkey, man, u should have bean dead already)
yes, a sign of great tolerance, non-nationalism, and tolerance of others' opinionsLOL
, then what if I call your Aslan, a little dirty fox cheeter????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ouch, that one really hurtLOL

Edited by konstantinius - 29-Jan-2007 at 18:39
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 20:17

U bolded the part where i told that Zagros should havs been killed for his words if he was in Turkey. Why I told it, becouse calling wolf a dog, as an unsult, telling that we are racist here, is almost the same with burning flag. And there would be people who would kill the one who burns Turkish flag and that is patriotism. Even government will not punish him as much as they do for other violence.
No my friend, this is not patriotism, this is (ultra)nationalism. A patriot doesn't kill somebody because he called wolf a dog or because he burnt his flag; a nationalist, blinded by his hate and anger, does. Moreover, if the government doesn't punish then as much as other murderers, then there's sth wrong with this government and the laws of this country.

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 20:51
Let's lock this down for a while to cool things off. It's never a good sign when personal attacks start popping up! 
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789