Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

metalurgia prehispanica

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: metalurgia prehispanica
    Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 13:42
arany

This forum is only for english language - please post again after translation. 

~ Northman
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2007 at 20:42
Is a new fashion write the titles in spanish?? Tongue

For begin, i repeat like in another thread with a discussion about the tarascan swords

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12811

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2007 at 21:41

I am very sorry that the previous post of Arany was deleted because it was in Spanish.

He mentioned something very interesting. The way native americans of the Andes processed Platinum.

I don't know if you knew, but Platinum was a metal discovered by the ancient Andean peoples, and the discovery was carried to Europe by the Spaniards. Now, Platinum has a very high point of fusion which was beyond the heat provided by the tech the natives knew. However, they lowered the melting point by processing it in the form of alloys.

Natives produced platinum jewerly!

I recall Arany mentioned the method in Spanish with precision!!! A method I have been finding out for a long time. Now is gone Ouch

Pinguin

Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2007 at 08:16
Yes, that is a shame. Maybe he could PM someone who could translate and post on his behalf?
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2007 at 20:25
I could do, but the post is gone LOL

Let's see if Arany post it again.

Post Reply Post Reply