Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seen any movies recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
DesertHistorian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DesertHistorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen any movies recently?
    Posted: 12-Jul-2009 at 07:49

I found T4 Salvation to be OK. It takes all the bits and pieces that have been told about John Connor's future and ties them together, picking the story right up with the battle between humans and cyborgs. Fast moving and not all that bad. The usual complimentary love interests are there to attempt to move the movie forward when they can't think of anything else to do, but then that has been the case with all the Terminator movies. Even the complimentary "Arnold" showing up as a computer generated animation was both amusing and interesting. Not really that bad a movie, especially for the matinee price.

"The Informers" is a bizarre movie in the "Crash" genre although it leaves you with the emptiness of the early 1980's drug/sex scene. A very graphic and intense look at the lives of those who have nothing else in life but sex and drugs, with the shallow emptiness of the Hollywood crowd and the RocknRoll crowd mixed together to reinforce it all.  If you liked Crash you will find The Informers interesting. There are no characters to like in this movie but then sometimes it is best to tell a story exactly that way.

AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2009 at 17:01

I think some of you might like the movie "Push" a movie about Telepathic and Telekinetics being exploited by governments.It was very orginal and is a souvenir for your DVD collection  nonetheless.The storyline is absoulutely amazing along with new special affects and very good chroegraphy.I'm not to sure if it was a Silver Screnner but a definite classic remnisecent of a 90's Van Damme or Chow Yun Fat movie. It takes place in East Asia and is borderline martial arts movie with a combo package of Hi lky Sci Fi, its absoultely is  a threat to X-men comfort zone and would steal from Wolverine  the trophy it didn't get better promotion.

T4 Salvation, I went to sleep after an hour,its not that orignal at all.

X-men Wolverine-Very great FX,nice humor but lacked orginality in the storyline.
The storyline was very dissappointing.

Body of Lies- Starring Leornado DiCaprio was pretty well put together,but lacked a little luster with its twist and turns,again kinda lacks storyline also.

I haven't watched too much movies lately but will see whats out there.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2009 at 08:55
He's Just Not That Into You. - The cutest movie ever.. in its own way.. Tongue
Etnad View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Etnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2009 at 12:04
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Originally posted by Etnad

Meinhof-Complex !

What was your opinion?

Saw this movie a few weeks ago. A quick journey through the German Autumn. I think it was only interessting for those who have experienced that time, like i had.
I didn't live during the time of this "rebellion" but I've read a lot about the RAF, and I thought the movie gave a good insight in the time and the characters. I liked the movie's balance between making the "terrorists" seem like human and then the next second we see them going rambo on policofficers where we loose all our sympathy for them. The film was not revolutionary but worth watching :)
I liked "Munchen" better(of cause it has a bit more action and is more international).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2009 at 21:10
I'm stuck on watching Season 2 of Lost. Love the show - character developement similar to BattleStar Galactica.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2009 at 19:49
Shrek III- I thought it was funny.

Edited by eaglecap - 10-Jun-2009 at 19:50
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2009 at 18:34
Originally posted by Etnad

Meinhof-Complex !

What was your opinion?

Saw this movie a few weeks ago. A quick journey through the German Autumn. I think it was only interessting for those who have experienced that time, like i had.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2009 at 18:26
I watched ALien vs. Monster. It is.. just an ok movie.. not much i can comment in here..
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2009 at 17:16
The Hangover, it's a funny movie.Smile
Anfører
Etnad View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Etnad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2009 at 21:11
Meinhof-Complex !
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2009 at 21:07
Glad we agree Cool
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2009 at 01:57
Originally posted by es_bih

Isn't the story mainly Henry humping away :)

Precisely. Wink
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 14:05
Nice to hear you liked The Other Boleyn Girl, cahaya. I thought it was a pretty good movie - and as you said, the setting/costumes.etc were great!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 13:27
Err.. humping away? what is that mean?Ermm
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 12:58
Isn't the story mainly Henry humping away :)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 10:54
Today.. I watched.. The Other Boleyn Girl. I like the costumes... very fancy...
and of course.. the story too..

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2009 at 19:29
Originally posted by King John

Dan Brown material isn't my cup of tea.

I am still amazed when I run across people who don't realize that it is "entertainment."
People are stupid, I remember when I was in London around when the book was really popular and all these stupid American tourists were trying to retrace the character's steps. And even worse they thought the whole thing was real, it made me feel embarrassed for them and to be one of their countrymen.
On the book though I thought it was entertaining and a quick read-it was a good way to escape to a fantasy world, but if that's what passes for the "great" American novel of the late 20th or early 21st Century then, oh how we have fallen from people like Hemmingway and Salinger.
Dan Brown's not really my cup of tea either, by the way.

That is hillarious. People sure have some odd senses of reality sometimes. It especially gets funny with these blends of history and reality.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2009 at 06:36

Dan Brown material isn't my cup of tea.

I am still amazed when I run across people who don't realize that it is "entertainment."
People are stupid, I remember when I was in London around when the book was really popular and all these stupid American tourists were trying to retrace the character's steps.  And even worse they thought the whole thing was real, it made me feel embarrassed for them and to be one of their countrymen.

On the book though I thought it was entertaining and a quick read–it was a good way to escape to a fantasy world, but if that's what passes for the "great" American novel of the late 20th or early 21st Century then, oh how we have fallen from people like Hemmingway and Salinger.

Dan Brown's not really my cup of tea either, by the way. 
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2009 at 06:30
The only misleading part is the Demons part.  The Angels are what he follows to solve the "mystery" and forces him to run from place to place.  Not all of it happens inside the Vatican, most of it does though.  I can see how people could find it boring, it definitely had its boring moments in my book.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2009 at 06:15
Originally posted by King John

I saw Angels and Demons today, it was entertaining but not the greatest movie-much like the book.
I have seen Angels and Demons and I have to say it is pretty much boring. Everything happens inside the Vatican and about papal selection. its name is misleading.Dead

Edited by Suren - 05-Jun-2009 at 06:16
Anfører
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>