Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistans Stolen History

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
SpartaN117 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistans Stolen History
    Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 07:55
Okay. I know this is subject to a lot of flaming, and I ask everyone to please keep this discussion mature. I am willing to answer ANY questions.

Here is the Article: Found this at http://www.pakhub.info/art001.php

Lets for the sake of argument say that Germany changes its name to Europe. Does this give (the new) Europe the right to claim its history as 'ancient European', and include the Roman, British and Portuguese empire as its own?
This is exactly what has happened in South Asia. Please read and discover the events.

'India' prior to 1947 was never a country. It was a name given to the entire subcontinent. When the British invaded the subcontinent, they grouped the entire region as a Country, and called it British India. This has lead to the misunderstanding that India before 1947 was one entity.
In 1947, two countries were born in South Asia. One of the countries took up the former name of the subcontinent, giving the impression that it was the 'parent country'. Therefore it is important to note that Ancient Indian history is only the history of Modern India. Not South Asia.

<u>Indus Valley and Harappan Civilisation.</u>

Indus valley is an interesting topic. Indians from all over the world seem to claim Indus valley civilisation as Indian history, because they are under the impression that modern India is the parent country, which was once the entire subcontinent of South Asia. Apart from the name, IVC has almost nothing to do with Modern India.
Indus Valley settlements are located all over Southern Asia. These include, Iran, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, northwest India, and of course Pakistan.
However, the Main IVC cities, aswell as the majority are in Pakistan. The main ones being, Harappa and Mohenjodaro.

Many people argue that Pakistan was born in 1947. It doesn't have an ancient history. Well the history belongs to the Pakistani people. They do have an ancient history. India has nothing to do with the Pakistani people, and it is absurd to let them claim the History of the Pakistani people.
The people of Pakistan have <u>always</u> lived there. Indus Valley Civilisation history belongs to the people of Pakistan regardless what they call themselves. Boundaries changed, however the people didn't.

There is no denying Pakistan was a part of British India, or the 'Indian subcontinent' (aka South Asia), but referring to Pakistan's ancient history as Ancient Indian history, is Very misleading, as the subcontinent is no longer called India. India today is a modern country born in 1947, which has its own Ancient history limited to within the boundaries of Modern India.
IVC can be referred to as Ancient South Asian history, if the approximate region of the civilisation needs to be given.

For the sake of correctness and knowledge of Ancient civilisations, I hope this misunderstanding can be corrected. Even the Ancient Indian history should be broken down into more detailed sub categories. India is the home to a lot of different people.
Grouping the history of all these people to give the impression that India has always contained one group of people and Ancient Indian history belongs to this one group, is misleading.
This is the reason why it is incorrect to even label IVC as Ancient South Asian history. South Asia is home to 1.6 billion people, which is way too broad to describe the people of Indus valley, which is now Pakistan.

Sure this is no harm in mentioning the settlements outside of Pakistan (India, Iran, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Kashmir), however one has to remember that Pakistan is the home of it.

Edited by SpartaN117 - 15-Dec-2006 at 07:46

PakHub.Info
Reclaiming Pakistans Identity
Join Us
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 11:25
Everyone already knows this here, this isn't news.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 11:49
Well, then people on Wikipedia should really read it and understand it aswell.

If you go to the India article on Wiki, India is described as "Home to the Indus Valley Civilisation", which is kinda funny. (And this is the Republic of India Article)
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 12:48
Lets for the sake of argument say that Germany changes its name to Europe. Does this give (the new) Europe the right to claim its history as 'ancient European', and include the Roman, British and Portuguese empire as its own?

This is exactly what has happened in South Asia.

Very good example!

Good article sparta! I hadn't read it before..needless to say I agree !

Edited by TeldeInduz - 10-Dec-2006 at 12:51
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 13:13
Oh come on teldeindus we have seen this information many many times before. Its getting pretty old. But regardless, is there any way to open a dispute with the wikipedia editors to get that misinformation removed?

And another thing that bothers me is the great grammarian panini, he was clearly an ancient pakistani and the debate should be whether he was pre-afghan/pashtun or pre-panjabi or pre-kashmiri in his ethnicity but people keep referring to him as an "indian".

And I also suspect that most of the hindu epics were written and took place in afghanistan and pakistan and very little of them in the area that is the current republic of India. That needs to be squared away too its 5000 years of history that has also been stolen under the guise of "religion".
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 13:29
Originally posted by maqsad

Oh come on teldeindus we have seen this information many many times before. Its getting pretty old. But regardless, is there any way to open a dispute with the wikipedia editors to get that misinformation removed?

And if it's old, so what? A lot of people on here have difficulty getting this sort of information into their heads..I don't see why you're so upset about this anyway, as the link you've been ranting about on English apartheid system was posted months ago too..

And another thing that bothers me is the great grammarian panini, he was clearly an ancient pakistani and the debate should be whether he was  ppre-afghan/pashtun or pre-panjabi or pre-kashmiri in his ethnicity but people keep referring to him as an "indian".

I agree with the last part..I'm sure in today's world he would not want to be known as Indian.

And I also suspect that most of the hindu epics were written and took place in afghanistan and pakistan and very little of them in the area that is the current republic of India. That needs to be squared away too its 5000 years of history that has also been stolen under the guise of "religion".

Who knows where the Indian epics took place. I'm not sure it was even on this planet. But most of the Vedic stories were written by ancestors of Pakistanis..Most of the later epics like Mahabharata were written by the ancestors of modern Indians I would think.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 10-Dec-2006 at 13:30
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 16:35
A lot of history is being stolen of Pakistan. But just to let you know there are people out there who are doing something about it.

http://www.pakhub.info/
This Site/Forum opened up just last week. Their main objective is to reclaim Pakistani heritage. I think the admin is going to get a new domain for the site next week before they really kick off the site.

If anyone wants to come along to help or discuss the issues then please feel welcome.

Spartan

Edited by SpartaN117 - 14-Dec-2006 at 16:52
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 16:47
Someone definately needs to stop the looting and turn the tide. Its good to know that realism, sanity and nationalism is increasing amongst pakistanis. A few years ago whenever you went to a paki's personal web page all you would see is "allah ho akbar" graphics all over the place and this and that about islam.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 17:03
Originally posted by SpartaN117

A lot of history is being stolen of Pakistan. But just to let you know there are people out there who are doing something about it.

http://www.pakhub.zoomcities.com/
This Site/Forum opened up just last week. Their main objective is to reclaim Pakistani heritage. I think the admin is going to get a new domain for the site next week before they really kick off the site.

If anyone wants to come along to help or discuss the issues then please feel welcome.

Spartan

good to know..i'll pop along once or twice for sure..Pakistan has a long & distinguished history, all coming under the banner of "Indian", which is just simple looting as you say. 

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 05:03
This is a serious question, if my country did not call itself India in 1947 would we still be having this discussion?

I believe it was Telde who first posted that the lands the Greeks called India was actually Pakistan.

It's the folly of having a country called India in the Indian Subcontinent.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 07:08
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

This is a serious question, if my country did not call itself India in 1947 would we still be having this discussion?

I believe it was Telde who first posted that the lands the Greeks called India was actually Pakistan.

It's the folly of having a country called India in the Indian Subcontinent.

This argument wouldn't exits if India had decided to call them something else in 1947. That way they wouldn't be able to claim the history of the sub continent and shun the Pakistani people out.

The history belongs to the Pakistani people. Be calling it Ancient Indian, you are saying it belongs to Indians, and there is no kidding anyone who Indians are.

There is no need to have a country called Europe in Europe. If their was, they could also claim all Ancient European history as their own.
In this case there will be 2 definitions for "Ancient Europe", and misuse of the term becomes so much easier.

Whenever I see some article for "Ancient India", there is usually a Republic of India flag to go with that. Now How does this make sense?
The Pakistani people have never been under the Republic of India flag.
Because of the 2 meaning of the term. the history is Pakistan has to be called Ancient Pakistani history.

Edited by SpartaN117 - 12-Dec-2006 at 07:09
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 10:25
To be hounest it takes a large amount of analysis (it's quite interesting aswell). I do comletly agree with your last paragraph. It's stupid to have the ROI's flag above any kingdom that was totally in Pakistan.
DocStaph View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DocStaph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 12:37
This post is absurd. Pakistan has no history. More correct statement would be Pakistan without a history.
Pakistan a country born of british imperliast, now its a threat to the sourrounding nations. Rather then to work together and build a unity with other nations, its constantly causing havoc.
Pregnancy is a Death Sentence to an Afghan Woman!
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 17:26
^^

This is the kind of reply full of discussion and facts, which tells me that I am right and you have absolutely no argument.

India was born in 1947. Prior to 1800s (British Invasion), South Asia was NEVER A SINGLE ENTITY. It was scattered with dynasties. Currently India is claiming dynasties which never belonged to them.
Guss View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Guss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 18:41

I think the reason pakistan can't claim the indus valley civilization as a pakistani one is because the inhabitants of the indus valley civilization were supposedly dravidian while the majority of pakistanis claim to be aryan, arab, persian, central asian turk etc.  It would be like turks claiming to be romans because they conquered Constantinople.

Edited by Guss - 12-Dec-2006 at 18:42
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SpartaN117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 19:52
Originally posted by Guss

I think the reason pakistan can't claim the indus valley civilization as a pakistani one is because the inhabitants of the indus valley civilization were supposedly dravidian while the majority of pakistanis claim to be aryan, arab, persian, central asian turk etc.  It would be like turks claiming to be romans because they conquered Constantinople.

That theory has been discarded.
The Indus valley people were mostly wiped out, but they never left the region.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 20:19
How do we know they were "wiped out" as opposed to just merging with the different groups that arrived in their lands? In any case I doubt they packed their bags and headed for Bharat. LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 20:43

Maqsad you should go to the cities themselves, the archeologists there would tell you a lot. Yes there was a lot of inter-mixing but it was pretty post-facto after the Aryans had killed enough.

And yes the IVC is a Pakistani civilization not an Indian one. In the sam,e way as a Kingdom in Tamil Nadu was an Indian one not a Pakistani one.

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 20:56
I have never heard of Aryans razing Mohenjodaro or Harappa to the ground though. Where can one read about this?
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 22:01
Originally posted by Guss

The id of the Indus Valley people isnt known..It is thought by some "scholars" they spoke something resembling a Dravidian language, but the Indus Valley script seems to be something all of its own. The Brahui of Pakistan are Aryan people that speak a Dravidian language so the language "proof" there is weak.

The Elamite theory has been proposed, but there's no real good evidence the Indus Valley script was Dravidian, just a weak theory (see here for the theories.) The people might well have assimilated into some ancestors of modern Pakistanis, or they might have been killed to a large extent - most likely as this UCLA article suggests.

The twin cities of Harappa and Mohenjadaro, which are the two most famous of the Indian Valley civilization sites, are now in Pakistan; both seem to have been built fully planned, and have identical layouts. Neither changed till near the end of the period. Though there was a long period of gradual decay towards 1750 B.C., the actual end was sudden, and remains unexplained though the evidence suggests that the Indus may have changed its course and floods might have followed. Some cataclysmic event, in any case, appears to have struck Harappa, and the cities and town were emptied of their inhabitants. At Mohenjadaro, the city was burnt and the inhabitants killed, and people who were far less advanced than the inhabitants of the Indus Valley seem to have taken possession of the towns. Thus it is possible to argue that the way was paved for the Aryans by the victory of barbarism over an older and more advanced urban culture.

The things that are known for sure, is the Indus Valley civilization was a civilization that existed on the land of what is today known as Pakistan..It's definitely a heritage of the land, and one would have to call it a Pakistani civilization before an Indian one.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 12-Dec-2006 at 22:23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>