Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Genetic Testing among South Asian

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rollopollo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genetic Testing among South Asian
    Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 04:56
I was arguing with a pakistani girl who kept telling me stories about her ancestors that sounded too fake to be real. ANyways,  i believed her but then she started talking about how she has ashkenazi jew ancestors. Then, i started being really mean to her UNTIL she showed me her DNA tests done by the DNA project by the national geographic association.

Apparently, the girl has the N1 haplogroup which is significant because it is only found among Ashkenazi Jews. It's virtually absent among Europeans but appears at frequencies of roughly 3% or higher in the Levant, Egypt and Arabia.
Today, haplogroup N1 is the second most common among Ashkenazi jews and is shared by around 800,000 people.

The girl in question looks totally south asian and even though she claimed to have persian ancestry(like they all fantasize), now it seems that she has Near Eastern ancestry. So, does anyone have any articles about the impact of Near eastern people into Pakistan. I know that the Baluch people are speculated to be from either Syria or Iran and certain tribes of the Pashtuns are also supposed to be from the Levant. The Sindhis also have arab genes since they were a part of the arab empire for a while but the girl is from Punjab. Confused

Also, if anyone else has gotten genetic testing done please share your results.

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 05:07
Ashkenazis are of the Taurid subgroup. They are not distinct and as such Aremenians, Azerbeijanis and some Ozbek turks also have a very similar genetic makeup.

Although I have also heard that some Jews did settle near the Kabul area. Perhaps they were Ashkenazi and not Shepardic and the genes spread to Panjab?

Franky though, I think she could be full of it, being desi and all.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 05:10
^Yea i had a huge fight with her lol but she sent me her results so i kinda shut up after that.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 05:12
Forged results.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 05:13

According to the documents they sent, the genes are found in the Levant, Arabia, Egypt NOT among azeris, ozbek turks or armenians. hmmmm

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 05:24
So then her conclusion was BS. Same thing, she is just talking nonsense. And I really do not understand the fascination Afghans and I presume pakis have with being Jewish now. I thought sympathies were with palestinians but I see so many afghans insisting passionately that they are "Bani Israel" and not really afghans. I guess that phenomenon is present in this paki girl as well. 
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 05:28

No, her results were too authentic to be faked. She couldnt have made up 30 pages of graphs and stuff especially since she's not a very bright person. Besides, if she wanted to fake them she would have made herself persian since she has an unhealthy obsession with that ethnicity.

Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 02:08
Originally posted by maqsad

So then her conclusion was BS. Same thing, she is just talking nonsense. And I really do not understand the fascination Afghans and I presume pakis have with being Jewish now. I thought sympathies were with palestinians but I see so many afghans insisting passionately that they are "Bani Israel" and not really afghans. I guess that phenomenon is present in this paki girl as well. 

you really need to learn how to read. It wasn' her conclusion!!! Her documents were made by the Genographic Project.
you can read about them here:

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 12:28
Originally posted by rollopollo

you really need to learn how to read. It wasn' her conclusion!!! Her documents were made by the Genographic Project.

Ashkenazi Jews are not from the Levant they are from the West Caspian Taurid races. It is the Shephardics who claim to originate from the Levant area.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 21:15
Nice duet !
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2006 at 04:59

Ashkenazi Jews are not from the Levant they are from the West Caspian Taurid races. It is the Shephardics who claim to originate from the Levant area.

What does that have to do with the topic?

Anyways, it seems like no one has any genetic studies blah.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 00:13

It has everything to do with the topic. You said that her detailed charts provided links to the Levant centric DNA yet she claimed to be descended from Askhenazis. Ashkenazis do not have such high incidences of Levant Genes, the shephardics do however. Ashkenazis cluster more with Armenians, Alanis, Avars, Azerbeijanis and the original Orghuz Turks.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 00:26
Yousoufjais also claim to be semitic in origin nowadays.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 01:20
Yes there is always a slight chance that the claim is true however look at all the holes I have pointed out in the supposed 30 page illustrated report that this pakistani girl presented to rollopollo.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 03:00
With your detailed reply rollopollo must be rolling polling!!!!!
Janissary
Janissary

Quote rollopollo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2006 at 08:17

It has everything to do with the topic. You said that her detailed charts provided links to the Levant centric DNA yet she claimed to be descended from Askhenazis. Ashkenazis do not have such high incidences of Levant Genes, the shephardics do however. Ashkenazis cluster more with Armenians, Alanis, Avars, Azerbeijanis and the original Orghuz Turks.

NO! thats not what I said. The charts did NOT link her to any Levant centric DNA, i don't know why you would assume that.

The charts just showed that she has the N1 Dna that is ONLY present among Ashkenazi jews. jeez learn how to read.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 05:12
Rollopollo, would you perhaps know the price of getting such a test done? I am interested in proving some members of my family wrong who seem to think that we are of Mongolian ancestry.

Khamar is an offshoot of Patel and i believe that we originated from MP.

Edited by Anujkhamar - 12-Dec-2006 at 05:18
M. Nachiappan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2006 at 02:56
European scientists worked together and brought out many theories and hypothesis still haunting and daunting our minds, though, they have been consigned to dustbins as "psuedo-scientific"!

For rulers, ideologists and politicians, the race theory, blood theory etc., had been very favorite rousing the passions of the followers easily and also set one group against another by differentiating.

Now, as we have become "more scientific", now, we talk in terms of "genes", "genetic engineering" and so on.

Are we going to unite oir differentiate people again?
 Post Reply Post Reply