Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian girl to be lashed for having fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Should the innocent girl be lashed ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [21.74%]
1 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.70%]
15 [65.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian girl to be lashed for having fun
    Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:44
are we talking about today or the dark ages? christians dont tend to burn people at the stake in the 21st century last time i heard....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:50
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

are we talking about today or the dark ages? christians dont tend to burn people at the stake in the 21st century last time i heard....

Well, that's not because Christians changed. Actually, there are many Christian fundamentalists that still believe burning heretics and witches is a good idea Wink.

What happens is that modern society has separated the Church from the State! That changed things.

Pinguin
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:57
Hence my argument with sec-u-lar-ism as its main thrust, Ponce.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 17:47
Zagros I would disagree with you on secularism. You CAN have a violent genocidal secularist agenda, just look at The Directorate of revolutionary france, thousands of people killed because they would not join with the secular regime. No, religiousness never caused these kinds of things, but zealotry did. You can have a zealous christian, hindu, muslim or atheist and the results are always the same. Merely using religion as an excuse for horrible acts doesn't mean its the fault of the religious, merely the faults of the zealots. 

What happens is that modern society has separated the Church from the State! That changed things.

No all that society has done is replaced the monolithic Church with a different kind of secular pseudo-religion. Just as the Church couldn't be questioned in the past, now it's taboo to speak out against the secular Enlightenment.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 19:16
I am not speaking of secularism as an ideology, I am speaking of it as a conscientious way of government, one that firmly puts superstition in its place; the confines of an individual's personal life.

Just think if the Evangelicals had carte blanche in America, with all of their backward, intolerant and bigoted ways... 
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 21:52
Originally posted by JanusRook

No, religiousness never caused these kinds of things, but zealotry did. You can have a zealous christian, hindu, muslim or atheist and the results are always the same. Merely using religion as an excuse for horrible acts doesn't mean its the fault of the religious, merely the faults of the zealots. 
this is true, its not the religion just the followers. But religious logic ie of good and evil, seems to promote such zealotry when its potential exists. While the boundaries of moderation seem to be personal/interpretation based, they dont exist in alot of the fundamental (literal) interpretation of dogma. Hence relgion and politics are best kept apart.

Edited by Leonidas - 16-Nov-2006 at 21:53
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 00:27
Originally posted by Zagros

Yes and Hindus are no such primitive people as those who would burn widows with their husband's corpse, float their dead down the Ganges and shower in cow's urine. Christians never burned anyone at the stake from their primitive superstitions or commited genocide in the name of their religion and for their GREED against countless millions, oh no, because Hinduism and Christianity are true and divine religions with righteous and infallable followers.

In case the sarcasm was not detected (and I wouldn't be surprised) - these barbarous practises were not halted due to any humane perspective on the part of the followers in said religions, no, it was because the countries in which the religions are practised have seen the light and become secular- their dumb religions have nothing to do with their progressive nature, it is sec-u-lar-ism.

Zagros, I try to avoid any confrontation of opinions with you expecting a better approach from an office bearer, (If not the partisan person, the office is at least to be respected,), but your anti Hindu stance is sounding increasingly idiotic. Please go & read my other posts about the Sati.

I am not one of those bigoted persons who will hide behind a garb & claim Godly status. I have the courage to to be identified unlike persons like you who just like to pass stupid comments about other people, hiding behind a viel. You are an office bearer of the forum, better logic is expected from you.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 04:39
Again, YOU don't like someone's opinion therefore you assume that said someone is either a Muslim, or in this case, anti-Hindu - how pathetic.  My bearing of office does not mute my right to express my views and opinions. And I would sooner give up my "office" than allow it to do so!

For your information, I am anti-religion Vivek.  You are anti-Muslim.  Hindus, Christians and Muslims and what-ever are no different in my eyes.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 06:10
Originally posted by Zagros

Again, YOU don't like someone's opinion therefore you assume that said someone is either a Muslim,

You are wrong.I did not like Hellios's opinions also on some issues, but I didn't say that he is Muslim.

or in this case, anti-Hindu - how pathetic.

If presenting the facts, which BTW happen to be concerned with Muslims is being Anti Muslim, You have more reason of being called anti Indian / anti - Hindu. This is because, I know what I am talking about. I never  talk about anything against the muslims  of  Iran / Turkey or any other non Indian muslims.  I am not a google historian. I stick to the subject of my knowledge & practical experience.  And about that I know pretty well. Unlike you who pass comments about India without knowing anything about it.

My bearing of office does not mute my right to express my views and opinions.

Did I say that ? I said an office bearer is supposed to pass comments based on sound knowledge not bias.

And I would sooner give up my "office" than allow it to do so!

Your personal choice.

For your information, I am anti-religion Vivek.

Yes I already gave examples of your opposition to one of them.

You are anti-Muslim.

You don't seem to be getting over this habit of yours of passing comments without homework. If you read my earlier posts, you will realise the truth. I am against anything which is anti Indian traitor, whoever that might be.

Hindus, Christians and Muslims and what-ever are no different in my eyes.

I would want them to be different, since your anti Hindu stance is visible very clearly & I don't want any other religion to face any bias. It would be beter that your stance towards christianity not be the same as your stance towards hiduism. Against islam off course you will not be for obvious reasons.

I dont comment about anything else as I am not in the habit of passing comments without actually knowing the subject.

Zagros
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 06:12
Finally if you permit, can we come back to the subject of the topic.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 06:19
Your homophobic remarks are getting annoying. Please at least pretend you are a reasonable and tolerant person

Homophobic Confused

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2006 at 18:10
Its possibly a hoax: News story

If true, her ex is a total ass.
Arrrgh!!"
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2006 at 22:07
As they so often are.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2006 at 16:22
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Sex is everybody's private business. The government has nothing to say about it whatsoever, period. Any government that does think it has the right to get involved with other peoples sex-lives need serious reforming.

I agree. Even though I consider sex outside marriage to be wrong, I don't think its the role to the government to get involved.
Originally posted by morticia

Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

The funny thing is that the men want all the privileges of modernity, but want to deny it to the women.

Hail Vivek!!!! That's right! I think the one who should be punished here is the "guy/partner" who filmed the act and then published it, knowing quite well what the ramifications would be to her ONLY! Nice of him to just run off to Dubai or wherever he went! Coward!

What??
Punishing both the man and the woman as Iran wants to do isn't sexist. Punishing only the man or only the woman is
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 02:54
There must have been an awful lot of people willing to goggle at what was going on in the film or it would never have been noticed.

Why not lash the voyeurs too?

The problem is not with having sex, it's with being sex-obsessed, as the Iranian authorities obviously are.

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2006 at 12:56

For your information, I am anti-religion Vivek. You are anti-Muslim. Hindus, Christians and Muslims and what-everare no different in my eyes.

[/QUOTE]

No different in your eyes, but very different in mine. Anyway, what I am referring to is that main-stream muslims are the ones that are still making these practices occur. The main-stream church in the middle ages practiced burning and torture to make many heretics or pagans convert. But that is not the mentality of the main-stream church, or the main-stream christian organizations today. Sure you will find a bunch of loonies who still worship the christian philosophy of centuries ago. But the mentality of the mainstream christians and muslims are widely different today.
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 10:53
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

what I am referring to is that main-stream muslims are the ones that are still making these practices occur.

No doubts impeccable surveys and sources told you what mainstream Muslims think..that or your highly sophisticated mind reading ability..

Edited by TeldeInduz - 27-Nov-2006 at 10:59
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 12:41
back to the topic? OK, let us look at the title of this thread:

A claim is made here: The girl is being punished for having fun - you try to make out like having fun is a criminal offence in Islam... no! the girl is being punished (if she is getting punished at all) for making a sex video, regardless of whether she had fun or not.

I keep my anti-religious feelings to myself - except when a religious imbecile tries to stigmatise members of another rival sect using tired stereotypes.

What the extremist Jews do to Arabs, Christians do in Africa and elsewhere, Muslims do in the Middle East and what Hindus do in India is in essence no different, all are religious zealots who think that because of their faith they are somehow superior to others.

Let me break it down, religious chauvinists are no-brain fools and are worthy of every ounce of disrespect dished out at them.

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 14:08
sorry for not being more clear. When I say main-stream muslims, I am talking about the leaders who bring this extreme fanactism to get a rise out of people who will listen to them. I wish you good health TeleInduz

Also, the "religious chauvinists" are people who interpret their religion in a way to make it very corruptible and can hurt people as a result.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 20:51
The main difference is that these chauvinist's numbers are more in some  than in other religions.

And Ponce, I am not anti Muslim, but Anti (Anti-Indian / Traitors). Unfortunately in practical terms in India it often seems to make you look anti muslim because of the behaviour of the communities here.

But that is a tragedy which cannot be changed becuase it s a fact of life.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>