Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian girl to be lashed for having fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Should the innocent girl be lashed ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [21.74%]
1 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.70%]
15 [65.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian girl to be lashed for having fun
    Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 00:00

Saw this news item today. So sad that such cases still continue. What should be the proper humane thing to do in such a case ?

Iranian soap star faces lashing after sex tape made public

Robert Tait in Tehran
Tuesday November 7, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

The career of a rising young Iranian actor has been left in tatters by the widespread distribution of a private film showing her having sex.

Police are investigating the woman, who has not been officially named, for a suspected breach of Irans strict morality laws forbidding sex outside marriage. Unmarried people who break the law are subject to punishment by lashing.

Investigators have also asked Interpol to arrest and extradite the womans male partner, who is thought to have fled to Dubai.

< ="text/" ="">

The man is suspected of distributing the explicit film, which may have been shot using a camcorder with the womans consent.

If convicted, he faces up to three years in jail and a 6,000 fine.

However, the biggest impact could be on his partners hitherto burgeoning screen career. The actress, who is in her mid-20s, appeared destined to land more roles in television dramas and Irans small but lively film industry after her role in a popular soap opera. But the stigma of sexual scandal now makes that unlikely.

Stringent Islamic rules preclude even cursory touching between men and women in Iranian productions, while foreign programmes and films are rigorously censored for illicit inter-gender contact.

The incriminating film is believed to be two years old but began circulating as a DVD and on some websites a few weeks ago, titillating a public starved of the celebrity gossip common in western media.

It came to the attention of the morals police, who are charged with enforcing Irans Islamic laws.

Police said they have not established a motive for the films distribution. Tehrans chief prosecutor, Saeed Mortazavi, has ordered a special investigation.

Tehrans police chief, Brigadier-General Ahmadreza Radan, told reporters that the films participants would also be subject to prosecution.

Police have banned the naming of those involved.

News of the case has prompted a flurry of speculation that the actress attempted suicide after her interrogation.

However, she told the ILNA news agency: I just want to tell my countrys people that I am alive. I should think of Iranian womens strength and defend the respect of the girls and women of my nation.

The illegal copying and distribution of private films and pictures of local celebrities is a growing trend in Iran, sometimes with serious consequences for the subjects.

In one instance, a television presenter was fired by the state broadcasting company after being filmed dancing with the bride (to whom he was not related) at a wedding.

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 08:49
Thats pretty harsh. Iran needs a revolutionary Femi-Nazi !!!

The career of a rising young Iranian actor has been left in tatters by the widespread distribution of a private film showing her having sex

The dude should be thrown in a gay bar bound an gaged for filming her knowing all to well the consequences..
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 09:16
For having "fun"? is this your idea of "fun", going out sleeping around with men and making "sex tapes". Is this meant to be a role-model? were meant to feel sorry and sympathise with this sort of behaviour, she could have caught a variety of diseases and carried on passing it around, she bring's shame upon herself and her family, in other words why should we pity her.

Now, the punishment is harsh and there is no need for it, instead it makes people sympathise with the one's carrying out immoral acts.

They should just leave it, she;ll be ostracised from mainstream society, family has been punished by this enough, she'll find it hard to work again unless she wants to join the adult movie industry.

In conclusion, the punishment is draconian and over the top but her and the guy who filmed its actions are just as bad.

The guy should get a lashing aswell if she's going to, it takes two to tango.    
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 10:20
Originally posted by Bulldog

For having "fun"? is this your idea of "fun", going out sleeping around with men and making "sex tapes". Is this meant to be a role-model? were meant to feel sorry and sympathise with this sort of behaviour, she could have caught a variety of diseases and carried on passing it around, she bring's shame upon herself and her family, in other words why should we pity her. 

We don't know if she was willing to be in that video-tape, but even if she wanted too, it was something private, she was cheated by her companion. And also if having sex isn't fun, then what is it? 
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 10:40

Vivek, there is nothing in the article that say she is going to be lashed. The police are investigatating. There have been no charges. So hold your horse.

I wonder who else of the above posters actually read it.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 23:58
Originally posted by Bulldog

For having "fun"? is this your idea of "fun", going out sleeping around with men and making "sex tapes".

But that's what all the conquerors have done all along & they are respected as Historical heroes & Icons for that. If this was not proper why did all the Sultans, all soldiers of the conquering army, taimur, etc.. do. They raped, at least this is better.

Is this meant to be a role-model?

She did not do it for being a role model, but just for her own. Anyway, do all the rapist & promiscuous Harem wielding emperors deserve to be role models then ?

were meant to feel sorry and sympathise with this sort of behaviour, she could have caught a variety of diseases and carried on passing it around,

It's not educated persons like who do it. They are both fine & healthy even after two years.

she bring's shame upon herself and her family, in other words why should we pity her.

For bringing the shame, the boy should be punished for making it public, not the girl who trusted him.

The question is Why can't the female individuals be given the freedom is aspects as trivial as this ?

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 00:03
Originally posted by Sparten

Vivek, there is nothing in the article that say she is going to be lashed. The police are investigatating. There have been no charges. So hold your horse.

I wonder who else of the above posters actually read it.

Sparten, read the article & the Post carefully & then to reconfirm, you could possibly do a google on the topic & see what the apprehension is all about. That would help in you in not passing silly comments on preconcieved notions & also in holding your donkey.

I wonder who else apart from did not actually understand the article.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 00:24
nothing but idiotic backward laws...some people think they are still living in the middle ages
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 01:47
The funny thing is that the men want all the privileges of modernity, but want to deny it to the women.

The situation in  India is also very sad. I had started a thread about an innocent poor low caste muslim woman called Imrana Bibi, who used to be raped by her Father in law & tortured when she opposed him, when she complained to the police, the Indian Islamic court of law instead of punishing the rapist & incestour father in law asked the poor rape victim to treat her father in law as her husband, her husband, with whom she used to sleep every day for the past ten years & who had fathered five children from her as her son.

Because this poor girl had the courage to approach the Hindu police, she was saved (her parents happen to live in a hindu majority village & got their support.),

But their are still three similiar poor , low caste  muslim   women  who were similarly raped by their father in laws & relatives continuously, but have not got justice, because they did not have the courage to approach the police. The Indian islamic courts have ordered the helpless rape victims to treat their rapist fathers & relatives as their husbands, asked the poor women to divorce their original husband & treat them as Sons /  brothers after having slept with them for years & having nurtured their children.

Edited by Vivek Sharma - 16-Nov-2006 at 01:48
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 02:40
For having "fun"? is this your idea of "fun", going out sleeping around with men and making "sex tapes". Is this meant to be a role-model? were meant to feel sorry and sympathise with this sort of behaviour, she could have caught a variety of diseases and carried on passing it around, she bring's shame upon herself and her family, in other words why should we pity her

We should pity her because all she did was have sex, man its not like its a crime. Might be in some backwards countries but in the West women who wanna have sex can have as much as what they like. At the risk of being branded a slut though..
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 04:39
Originally posted by think

The career of a rising young Iranian actor has been left in tatters by the widespread distribution of a private film showing her having sex
The dude should be thrown in a gay bar bound an gaged for filming her knowing all to well the consequences..
Your homophobic remarks are getting annoying. Please at least pretend you are a reasonable and tolerant person.

Sex is everybody's private business. The government has nothing to say about it whatsoever, period. Any government that does think it has the right to get involved with other peoples sex-lives need serious reforming.

And of course, if the government would accept sex as a natural and nice thing, the chance of spreading diseases would be a lot smaller because safe-sex could be propagated effectively.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 05:01
Unfortunately the iranians dont think so. that may go well for many other people too, saudis for instance & others
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 07:16
For having "fun"? is this your idea of "fun", going out sleeping around with men and making "sex tapes". Is this meant to be a role-model? were meant to feel sorry and sympathise with this sort of behaviour

One man, and who's to say they didn't use condoms?
And it looks like she was first duped by her boyfriend, and is now having to get whipped for it, only becuase she's a celebrety and the Iranian authorities feel the need to make an example of her.
I can feel pity for that, easily.

Hmm this doesn't really belong in here.

Edited by Cywr - 16-Nov-2006 at 07:20
Arrrgh!!"
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 07:54
If she is naughty enough, maybe she will like being whiped.Tongue  On a serious note, long live Lezbollah!
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 13:10
Such punishment really sounds unacceptable  considering today's norms.

The victim(or the offencer?) should be very brave and stupid  tough. If I lived in a country  ruled under  such laws, i would think more than twice before commiting such offence
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:02
I am pretty sure that's anti-muslim propaganda.

Muslims are no such primitive people at all to lash women for having fun!

I don't believe that! Try to convince me I am wrong.

Pinguin
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:31
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

The funny thing is that the men want all the privileges of modernity, but want to deny it to the women.

Hail Vivek!!!! That's right! I think the one who should be punished here is the "guy/partner" who filmed the act and then published it, knowing quite well what the ramifications would be to her ONLY! Nice of him to just run off to Dubai or wherever he went! Coward!

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:37
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

If I lived in a country ruled under such laws, i would think more than twice before commiting such offence

And what offense would that be, my dear Diplomat? That she had sex with a willing partner? Is it a crime for a woman to have sexual desires and to have sex with a willing participant? If so, then there are crimes being committed every second of every day all around the world!

"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:41
Yes and Hindus are no such primitive people as those who would burn widows with their husband's corpse, float their dead down the Ganges and shower in cow's urine. Christians never burned anyone at the stake from their primitive superstitions or commited genocide in the name of their religion and for their GREED against countless millions, oh no, because Hinduism and Christianity are true and divine religions with righteous and infallable followers.

In case the sarcasm was not detected (and I wouldn't be surprised) - these barbarous practises were not halted due to any humane perspective on the part of the followers in said religions, no, it was because the countries in which the religions are practised have seen the light and become secular- their dumb religions have nothing to do with their progressive nature, it is sec-u-lar-ism.

----

The dirtbag who distributed the tape has escaped to Canada or the US. He is wanted.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 14:43
Originally posted by morticia

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

If I lived in a country  ruled under  such laws, i would think more than twice before commiting such offence

And what offense would that be, my dear Diplomat? That she had sex with a willing partner? Is it a crime for a woman to have sexual desires and to have sex with a willing participant? If so, then there are crimes being committed every second of every day all around the world! 

I think anyone who makes a home sex tape at the beckoning of their partner alone is stupid, especially if they are famous like Zahra here and Paris Hilton. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>