Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

favorite Chinese Emperor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favorite Chinese Emperor
    Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 01:40

Not necessarily the most famous, but which one do you personally like the most, or to word it better, best reperesented your personal ideals for what you would want in an emperor best.

Mine in Tang Taizong as you probably know.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
General_Zhaoyun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote General_Zhaoyun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 01:43
Another repeat thread..that's discussed many times in AE.

Anyway,  it's Tang Taizong for me..

OR Han Wudi
Founder of China History Forum
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 03:12

My is Ming Shen Zhong, who loved collecting gold so much, his private gold bank had so much gold that even oxydized.  Now that's called greedy.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 03:49
edit: i seemed to have misplaced my post.

anyway, i will go with Qin Shi Huangdi. Not that i like him but that he is interesting.

Edited by Catt
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 05:13
Mine would be Tang Taizong as well.
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 05:42
      Tai Tsung
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 10:19
Anyone explain to me who was Han Wudi?
Grrr..
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 17:23

Originally posted by demon

Anyone explain to me who was Han Wudi?

Han Wu Di, ~Z, named Liu Zhe B, who was the decisive emperor that drove out the Huns from the Han boarders.

However when he was old, he became a stupid fool.  He ordered his first son to death.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 17:48
I think some later emperors get overlooked.  For example my second favorite is the Yongle emperor, for his trade policies mostly, and that it is fun to say Yongle.
-Alexander Hamilton
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 17:55

Liu Zhe

AAh!  I've read things about him!  thanx for clarification.

Grrr..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 18:12

Originally posted by Catt

edit: i seemed to have misplaced my post.

anyway, i will go with Qin Shi Huangdi. Not that i like him but that he is interesting.

I like Qin Shi Hunagdi very much, he was so brutal that his impact is still felt and the nation he created has th elongest lifespan in the world outside of Egypt.  He may have been cruel, but so are many people whop have been given the title the Great, and most of those people are not as great as Shi Huangdi.  The only person in the entire world I think who has had more impact of the history of the world is Cyrus the Great.  Nonetheless the people under Huangdi did suffer immensely, which is why Taizong beets him on my list.

-Alexander Hamilton
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 20:59
What about the Ming Emperor who loved charpentry?  And all he wanted to do all day long was chopping wood.  That one's classic too.  Ming dynasty's the best!

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 22:12

wasn't there in the chines myth that dragons used to be emperors?

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 14:38

"I like Qin Shi Hunagdi very much, he was so brutal that his impact is still felt and the nation he created has th elongest lifespan in the world outside of Egypt. "

Just what exactly is the method used to calculate life span in an Empire thats over 2200 years old.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 18:36
the fact that it still exists?  By no means a common thing.
-Alexander Hamilton
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 12:14

Ok, I interpreted that as the life span of an average person living in the empire.

And if so, Egypt actually has a shorter lifespan spanning from 3100 b.c. to the end of B.C.

Kulong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Kulong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 13:18
In terms of accomplishments, my favorite is Qin Shi Huang as he built the Great Wall, unified Chinese writing system (Hanzi), currency, width of axels among other things.

However, my overall favorite would be the Ming emperor who sent Admiral Zheng He on his voyage.  I believe it's Zhu Di?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 15:08

No, it's Ming Cheng Zhu, the uncle that kicked out his dead brother's son.

Also the one who started the revival of dickless people taking over power in Ming dynasty.

Not the greatest emperor ever.  But then again, Ming is famous for its bad emperors.  So cheers.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 22:45

The emperor Kang xi is my favorite because during the his reign the European dogs have to knee down infront of the throne during Po Yi Europeans just like ignore all these traditions because they think CHinese were useless.

f**kin White Dogs

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 00:51

hrm..you'll last long....good luck mate..

i blame it on your parents for not teaching you how to behave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>