Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed***A Topic about Topics***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AssyrianGuy7 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***A Topic about Topics***
    Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 13:44

This topic is made to talk about other topics like "Architecture of your nation". I think that one has some real nice pictures or in the topic "Which Word describes Islam best?" All the choices are peaceful words (exapmle: Justice, Peace, Enlightment). Shouldn't there be some other words like Terrorism, Undemocratic, Fundamentalism, Murder.

Edited by AssyrianGuy7
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 13:56
If you have a problem with it why don't you create your own threads?  
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 14:00
Post Your Photo I think was a real good idea.
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 14:01
maybe I should start a topic about the Assyrian empire and have poll options about how it liked to flay children alive and have drains to soak up all the blood...
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 14:08
Go right ahead, but make shure to mention it was done more then 5000 years ago when all civilizations were barbaric.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 14:26
Man Assyrianguy7, what's with all the hate.  Sure some Muslims aren't the nicest people in the world, but that doesn't mean that there are so many more Muslims who arn't like the others.  You got to look at all the sides of the issue.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 14:37

AssyrianGuy7

did you notice the flag you chose has ( Allah Akbar) written on it.

and aren't you the one who wanted Saddam to be released and put back as President of Iraq?

Saddam is a Sunni Muslim

if you dont mind me asking , how old are you?

Edited by azimuth
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 18:01

Shouldn't there be some other words like Terrorism, Undemocratic, Fundamentalism, Murder.

I don't think AE forummers are that stupid enough to believe in what CNN and Fox news saids about Muslims.  Muslims were most tolerant throughout world history.  FE, Saladin allowed captives to live and be well fed while the christians killed them. 

Grrr..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 18:07
Muslims historically are usually more tolerant than christinas, but this certainly is no longer true in the context of our modern times.  Of course that has to do more with the standing and culture of the respective societies, and not the religion itself.  When the Muslim world was ahead culturally and was cosmopolitan it was better, more tolerant, etc, but now it no longer occupies that place.
-Alexander Hamilton
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 11:27
azimuth do you know what allah akbar means. it means "god is great". i am not agianst that saying and who cares saddam is a sunni muslim. he is not like the other muslims. he is not religious. he hasn't harmed the christians of iraq, he has helped them.  he reopened the churches that were closed by the government before him. he donated millions of dollars to the chaldean churchs of detriot, michigan. he has the key of the city to detriot.
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 12:42

heres a question? What did the caliphates of the middle east do with their wealth and "cultural advancements"? They advanced algebra a little, built big mosques, and copyed the ancient greek and roman texts.

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 16:45

heres a question? What did the caliphates of the middle east do with their wealth and "cultural advancements"? They advanced algebra a little, built big mosques, and copyed the ancient greek and roman texts.

Thanx to them greek and roman texts were preserved till enlightment era.  IF not, chances are it will get lost.

Grrr..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 18:08

Originally posted by AssyrianGuy7

azimuth do you know what allah akbar means. it means "god is great". i am not agianst that saying and who cares saddam is a sunni muslim. he is not like the other muslims. he is not religious. he hasn't harmed the christians of iraq, he has helped them.  he reopened the churches that were closed by the government before him. he donated millions of dollars to the chaldean churchs of detriot, michigan. he has the key of the city to detriot.

Saddam may have been evil (what countries leader isnt?) but he was secular, which is why I always beleived (and am now being shown to be right) that invading Iraq was actually determinetal to combating terrorists and extremists.

-Alexander Hamilton
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 21:10
Originally posted by Christscrusader

what a paragraph

i guess it took you what, less than 2 minutes to reach this conclusion.

there is more  much more than what you mentioned such as medicine, astronomy and math other than algebra  and more.

remmember that longtime ago what happened to European when they enter  Al-Andalus (now spain). their eyes were about to popout from what they see of the "cultural advancements"

Edited by azimuth
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 22:27
Personally,I think all those Saddam statements are opinions,like mine of Hitler and Josef Stalin.Opinions aren't meant to be true.AssyrianGuy7 does have a point,and he does have the right to believe in whatever he feels most comfortable with.This really does belong in the Intellectual Discussions Section.*looks around*Yeah it does.

In Honor
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 17:21

remmember that longtime ago what happened to European when they enter  Al-Andalus (now spain). their eyes were about to popout from what they see of the "cultural advancements"

BTW, many spanish words starting with "al", including almohada(pillow) and algodo'n(cotton) are in fact arab origin. 

Personally,I think all those Saddam statements are opinions,like mine of Hitler and Josef Stalin.Opinions aren't meant to be true.AssyrianGuy7 does have a point,and he does have the right to believe in whatever he feels most comfortable with.This really does belong in the Intellectual Discussions Section.*looks around*Yeah it does.

Well, if was so confident to say his opinion, he should have been confident enough to back it up with some evidence or backup of any kind.  And when I say evidence I mean evidence that is relevant to his argument.

Grrr..
Guest View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 18:29
I am a Chaldean (Assyrian Catholic) born in Iraq.  I have just recently left Iraq and I am now living in Australia.  AssyrianGuy7 is right, Saddam hasn't harmed people who didn't diserve it. Many people who left Iraq didn't leave because of Saddam, they left because of Islam.  The only people Saddam hurt were people who hurt the Government or the Iraqi people.  All of his so called people that he killed weren't his people.  They were drug dealers, they were terrorists and they were people who were antigovenment.  Saddam is not a terrorist, he hated terrorists. Saddam also hated the muslim extremists, the ones who are ruining Iraq today.  By killing the terrorists, the antigovernment, and the muslim extremists Saddam kept Iraq peaceful.  Saddam gave millions of his dollars to the Chaldean Church.  He also offered the Assyrian churchs millions but they did not except it.  Saddam opened up our churches that were closed down by the government before him.  Saddams right hand man was a Chaldean.  Saddam hated the kurds because they were against him.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 07:14
I have just recently left Iraq and I am now living in Australia.

and when did you and AssyrianGuy7 go to USA? I mean Schaumburg township, near Elgin in the north east of Illinois.
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2004 at 10:24

AssyrianGuy7, Allah senin belan versin....

Edited by Jagatai Khan
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2004 at 12:18
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

AssyrianGuy7, Allah senin belan versin....

care to at least transilate?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>