Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cricket Vs Baseball. What is better ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cricket Vs Baseball. What is better ?
    Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 01:19

A lot of effort is being made by some US bodies for promoting baseball in India as a better alternative to Cricket. What is better of the two ?

I find Baseball more participative, but still like the more dignified flair of Cricket ? What do you think ?

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 07:59
I think its obvious which is the better of the two...just where is the skill in baseball?
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 08:52
Cricket you have to suffer for 5 days, with baseball the mind numbing tedium is all over in a few hours, so it gets my vote.

Edited by Paul - 07-Nov-2006 at 08:53
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 09:59
You don't watch ODIs then.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 12:31
Originally posted by Balaam

I think its obvious which is the better of the two...just where is the skill in baseball?

I would enjoy reading your examples and theories on this remark. First question would be have you played both before in an organized level? If your an armchair athelete dont bother replying.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 23:47

I have played both and I much perfer cricket. Basball is just slather and whack. It is fun, bit not a real gentlemans game.

think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 06:38
Im going for Cricket....I dont like watching the game, nor baseball for that matter but Crickets a fun game...

Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 07:04
Baseball seemed more funny to me ealier in school days, It is good for youngsters, olders will definitely like cricket more
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2014 at 10:36
I realize this is a very old thread, but had to reply.  Baseball is a world class game.  It's played on various levels in 100 plus countries.  In the US, it's played on levels starting at age 9, professionally it's a multi billion dollar industry.

You cannot begin to compare the 2.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply