Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saddam death's sentence: Hang em High

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saddam death's sentence: Hang em High
    Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 11:39
Originally posted by hugoestr

Sentence to death was a great mistake.

The US made a huge blunder when they didn't get him tried in an international court. There is plenty of evidence that the man is guilty, and I fair trial would have found that.

I agree a better court would have been much better, but what international court would have heard his case? The one that tried to prosecute Slobadan Milosavich (sp?)? That case was a freaking fiasco. The guy friggin died before he was sentenced/punished, whatever. Since International court's aren't very effectice, IMO, and in many Americans opinons, I think this trial is about the best that could have been done.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 11:42
Originally posted by Mortaza

Indeed, Bush deserve  to go heaven.. But well, He should  die first.

Jesus Christ!!Is the sentiment that most people around the world feel?! This is really starting to piss me off! If this truly is what the world feels, then Censored the world! We should go back to being isolationists. Let the rest of the world fix their own god damn mess. Let the rest of the world deal with brutal and oppressive dictators. Let the rest of the world police themselves.

Now realize people, I overstated things a bit, and this post was written when my blood was up, but still. Come on! Bush does not deserve to die!

Edited by Adalwolf - 06-Nov-2006 at 11:43
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 11:44
i personally think his trial should take place in a neutral country, a non-NATO&Non-Islamic country, this way, supporters cant complain.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 11:49
Originally posted by Siege Tower

i personally think his trial should take place in a neutral country, a non-NATO&Non-Islamic country, this way, supporters cant complain.

That sounds like a great idea! Perhaps a mistrial or something should be declared, and he should be retried in....Canada? Norway?  somewhere else?
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 13:14
Originally posted by Mortaza

Indeed, Bush deserve  to go heaven.. But well, He should  die first.

Ofcourse he deserves to go to heaven, he does gods work on earth. Look at all the problems he has fixed. Pa and son have killed more people than Sadam and al-qaeda, taliban, put together, now thats progress.

He doesnt have to retire in Canada, he can stay right at home and retire in death valley. For an uncivilized person he should be right at home in the wild. Oh sh*t we r talking about sadam and not bush.Shocked

Edited by malizai_ - 06-Nov-2006 at 13:16
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 13:40
Originally posted by Adalwolf

Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

I hope that bush is not re-elected. I'd rather see him hanging in the noose. But it should be 3 foot noose, more pain that way. It wasn't a fair trial, and it is Mr. Bush for the blame.
That just really pisses me off. Say what you want about Mr. Bush, he DOES NOT deserve to die.
]

I was focusing so much on re-election, that I missed the death wish Yes, this was uncalled for.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 13:44

Saddam Hussein was a dictator. He killed many innocents. He lost his seat, so he deserves punishment. I don't think that executing him is proper. It is barbaric. A lifetime sentence is more proper. So that he may also continue to speak, to write books, which even if you don't like it, it is his right, and I strongly believe he should exercise.

Apart from this, have you ever wondered how many iraqis got killed since the american invasion? Tens if not hundereds of thousands. If Saddam is to be executed, then Bush is also.

The difference is that Bush is powerful, while Sadam not. This has always been the rule (look at the Nurnberg trial, why weren't the american and british air commanders who killed millions of german civilians even appointed to trial?)

I am sad for Sadam.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 17:13
When we want death for others because of their crimes,we become just like them.This is only spreading of death,violence and hate.The fact that we spare their lifes makes us more civilized and more humane.With that we can proof that we are not like those who did such a horrible things.
After all death penalty is not a solution.First this will not be a punishment for Saddam.It is an easy escape.It is different when he is behind the bars for the rest of his life.Only the humiliation and his taken freedom are enough.
Second when he died he may become a martyr and this may only cause more violence and death.Imagine thousands if sunni rebels who kill,destroy and attack everything on their way in the name of their hero Saddam Hussein.

Edited by Krum - 06-Nov-2006 at 17:14
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 17:23

Ofcourse he deserves to go to heaven, he does gods work on earth. Look at all the problems he has fixed. Pa and son have killed more people than Sadam and al-qaeda, taliban, put together, now thats progress.

Bush Jr. has not personally killed anyone, Saddam Hussein has.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 18:01
I wish that this all of the ill wishing to Bush as the result of Saddam being sentences will show the failure of this trial and this sentence to accomplish anything but to increase the level of antipathy towards Bush and the U.S.

None of this would be happening if Saddam was given to international courts. I am sure that we wouldn't have a sentence today. But I am also sure that the U.S. would have been seen as rational and following the rule of law.

I will say this is another failure in the war against terror.

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 18:28

*sigh* This topic is really getting out of hand. Im sorry for those who I offended. 3 of my cousins died the Taliban wars. My 1 cousins was today and I'm not happy about it. But she died for the free peoples of this planted. It's a pity that we have to fight and die this sensless war. Why can't we play paintball to war and battles. It would be fun and there is no death to.

Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 18:50
sorry to hear that friend. IMO your cousins are heroes.

Now the fact of the matter is that people have opinions on Bush facing death. (Once again I am glad most of them are not politicians) Yea we do have wackos around the world who think that. Saddam should write books like mein kampf, Bush should hang from the rope because he was fighting for the best interests of the American people. WE all have different opinions, so in God's eyes.....we are all crazy
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 22:46
Originally posted by bg_turk

Let's hope he will get the heart attack after being pronounced guilty though, not before and die legally as an innocent man. 

Are you calling Saddam innocent?LOL
Member of IAEA
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 00:06
Three cheers for Bush, the great conqueror.

Wish him best of luck for the future campaigns. 

He has delivered justice to a great number of underprivileged people in the region.

I feel sorry for Saddam though, He was also a good conqueror, just turned a little bit foolish in the later part of his life.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 11:12
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

I feel sorry for Saddam though, He was also a good conqueror, just turned a little bit foolish in the later part of his life.

He solidfied his power in Iraq quite well, but failed in annexing parts of Iran or Kuwait, so I would not be so quick to proclaim Saddam a conqueror.

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 00:51
It can safely be said that Saddam is being tried, judged, and executed by an invading force - as long an occupying force is controlling a country & its judicial system such trials should be conducted by an international war crimes tribunal, but if the country in question is not under occupation, then such trials should be held in the country, regardless of the verdict.

Edited by Hellios - 08-Nov-2006 at 00:56
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 03:23

Three cheers for Bush, the great conqueror.

Wish him best of luck for the future campaigns. 

He has delivered justice to a great number of underprivileged people in the region.

three cheers for Vivek for another misguided post.Thumbs Up

Bush hasnt conquered anything well, still fighting in afghanistan because it was never secured, and Iraq is more under iran than ever before.

The USA fights for the USA not the unprivileged.

saddam was a butcher not a conquerer, infact he had all the help from the west and more and still lost the war with Iran. Im sure you have all his victims in mind when you shed a tear for his life.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 05:13
Bush Jr. has not personally killed anyone, Saddam Hussein has.

Your point?
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 05:45

Jesus Christ!!Is the sentiment that most people around the world feel?! This is really starting to piss me off! If this truly is what the world feels, then the world! We should go back to being isolationists. Let the rest of the world fix their own god damn mess. Let the rest of the world deal with brutal and oppressive dictators. Let the rest of the world police themselves.

US created Saddam and his regime, you ignorant imperialist !

Now realize people, I overstated things a bit, and this post was written when my blood was up...

The same here.

...but still. Come on! Bush does not deserve to die!

Why not?

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 06:18
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

sorry to hear that friend. IMO your cousins are heroes.
Thank you Ponce.Smile IMO all of the soldiers and everyone else fighting for the freedom of our planet are heros. I appreciate your gesture.Smile
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>