Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bollywood Movies and Songs!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bollywood Movies and Songs!
    Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 11:58
I never like Hindi movies at first... because the actors and actresses change their costumes..hundreds of times and...so many songs and dancing.. but the perception change since i wacthed Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.. in year of 1998 - 99...

It was an awesome movie... and since that.. i only watch Bollywood movies if only.. Shah Rukh Khan play as lead actor.. otherwise.. no way...!

Latest movie i watched - DON a remake film...
and my favourite song: Kal Ho Na Ho....

LOL

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 12:34
"Shah Rukh Khan" what a name :S shah = king, Khan = king and i guess "Rukh" in hindu means a "king" also LOL

altough it sounds like "soul" in Turkish :)

anyway i dont like bollywood movies, they seem to me like a remake of each others with new actors...
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:16
Shahrokh itself is a name.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 18:38
Originally posted by Zagros

Shahrokh itself is a name.

hmmm so what does it mean? King(shah)souled(rukh)?
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 00:44
Originally posted by cahaya

I never like Hindi movies at first... because the actors and actresses change their costumes..hundreds of times and...so many songs and dancing.. but the perception change since i wacthed Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.. in year of 1998 - 99...

It was an awesome movie... and since that.. i only watch Bollywood movies if only.. Shah Rukh Khan play as lead actor.. otherwise.. no way...!

Latest movie i watched - DON a remake film...
and my favourite song: Kal Ho Na Ho....

LOL

Since you like Shah Rukh, I suggest you watch the movie "Darr". It has the best performance ever by Shah rukh & also 'Devdas'.

If you like music, the song & video of Chaainya Chaainya, should really impress you. It has Shah rukh acting in it & is a great song as well as video.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 06:21
oh.. tht's new for me to knw.. SRK meaning...

i love devdas.. yeaps.. one of my fav... with Aishwarya Rai..
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 10:48

I remember listening to 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast' from the film Mohra while travelling around India.

Actually it was quite hard to avoid, as it was the favourite of every bus driver that year and would be played at full volume night and day, which when added to the suicidal tendencies of most bus drivers meant that no journey was ever boring.

I loved the track and  bought a copy of Morha to play at home.

We saw a couple of movies in Calcutta, some people we were sitting next to thought it hilarious that we were watching a movie without understanding the language, however when they updated us with the plot during the interval I dont think our guess was to wide of the mark.

Anyway we were watching it for the colour, music and the sheer spectacle. Marvellous stuff. Clap

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2006 at 02:14
SRK looks like a just a kid, speaks like one, too kiddish. Abhishek is better.
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2006 at 02:52
Abhishek is by far my favourite actor at the moment. I have nothing against Shah Rukh Khan, I enjoy his films. Also to the Shah and Rukh meaning King, he is also known as King Khan. Simply because he is the king of Indian cinema at the moment.

How about we make this as the official AE thread to talk about Bollywood Songs and Movies. I have been meaning to make one for ages but always found myself busy.
Lotus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 08:00

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty is appearing in the UK version of Big Brother

Should be interesting to see how she gets along Donny leader of filthy punk band Towers of London......

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/housemate_news.jsp?id=9

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 14:39
I watch all the movies with Aishwarya Rai in them because shes the hottest woman on the planet!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 21:40
Originally posted by Lotus

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty is appearing in the UK version of Big Brother

Should be interesting to see how she gets along Donny leader of filthy punk band Towers of London......

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/housemate_news.jsp?id=9

She is an embarrassment and so fake. She made a fool of herself by showing unnatural interest and marvel at the unique presence of an exercise machine in the house. The whole house was laughing at her.
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2007 at 18:16
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 12:51
I can't stand bollywood and yes I know it's pointless to complain about something you really don't want to watch, but I grew up watching these movies.

From my experience, most of the themes are ripped off of Hollywood movies, and some are just blatantly ripped off.

I dont know if this is Bollywood or Lollywood, or another 'wood, but this movie speaks for itself:

Edited by Afghanan - 14-Jan-2007 at 12:53
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 22:39
Hollywood itself rips off everyone else.
Meh, i find it difficult to watch movies these days.
Arrrgh!!"
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 23:19

Yes, but at least many people can kill time by criticizing them.

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 23:29
yeah... whtever it is..still many people like to watch it...
why?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2007 at 01:00
Capitalist Opium of the masses Tongue
Arrrgh!!"
CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 06:10
3 hours totally waiste-of-time !!!LOL
no comment
 Post Reply Post Reply