Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modern Korea: North vs South, who wins?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Maljkovic View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maljkovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern Korea: North vs South, who wins?
    Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 04:28
Does NK still train their officers through the old Soviet model? If so, I can guarantee they will not get another Guderian. JNA used the same training model with their officers, and in the war we fought over here they lost to commanders without any military education whatsoever.
Dalsung Hwarang View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Dalsung Hwarang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 20:32
Anyways... If they ever do start a war it WILL be destructive... I welcome unification but... whew...
"He who seeks death shall live, and he who seeks life shall die." --Admiral Yi.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 10:51
Originally posted by Dalsung Hwarang

Anyways... If they ever do start a war it WILL be destructive... I welcome unification but... whew...

I don't know. Sure, the Korean unification would allow tons of reserved resources in North Korea, and both nations would no longer have to spend enormous money for military funds... but I am slightly worried about North Korea's huge poverty that might affect not only the standard of living in Korea, but also unified Korea's economy and social life. Though Korea is unitied geographically and politically, the North and South Koreans would still remain divided due to the standard of living. Many North Koreans would work in cheap labor while South Koreans prosper. Inflation would not even become a joke, since unified economy of Korea is like combining American economy with Sudan. Class struggle would become terrible...

Look at Germany. After combining East and West Germany within... 20 years or so... (Give or take) The class struggle and economcial difference between them are fairly high. The classical and economcial division between Germans are among the major problem that Germans face today.

(Accuracy check may do some good, Germans)

And imagine the worst scenerio for Koreans. Korea was divided more than 50 years!
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 10:51

I don't know. Sure, the Korean unification would allow tons of reserved resources in North Korea, and both nations would no longer have to spend enormous money for military funds... but I am slightly worried about North Korea's huge poverty that might affect not only the standard of living in Korea, but also unified Korea's economy and social life. Though Korea is unitied geographically and politically, the North and South Koreans would still remain divided due to the standard of living. Many North Koreans would work in cheap labor while South Koreans prosper. Inflation would not even become a joke, since unified economy of Korea is like combining American economy with Sudan. Class struggle would become terrible...

Look at Germany. After combining East and West Germany within... 20 years or so... (Give or take) The class struggle and economcial difference between them are fairly high. The classical and economcial division between Germans are among the major problem that Germans face today.

And imagine the worst scenerio for Koreans. Korea was divided more than 50 years!

And I understand that many soldiers are trained based of military training from former U.S.S.R. but many of rich North Koreans receive military education based on Western world. They teach communist ideologies so that the well-educated generals do not create a coup against Kim Jung!!!

Edited by pekau - 10-Nov-2006 at 10:56
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 15:53
north wins if NATO stays neutral( impossible )
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 07:19
Originally posted by pekau

And I understand that many soldiers are trained based of military training from former U.S.S.R. but many of rich North Koreans receive military education based on Western world. They teach communist ideologies so that the well-educated generals do not create a coup against Kim Jung!!!

I do agree to a degree that it will be much bigger burden for South Korea to accomodate  North Korean economy than West Germany has been doing for East Germany.  South Korean economy is not in the same level with West Germany was and North Korean economy is defintely in worse shape than East Germany ever was.  Even population ratio is more like 2 to 1 for South/North Korea while it was more like 4 to 1 for West/East Germany which means there are more West German to spread the burden among them for a East German than South Koreans would have to bear for a North Korean.

But there are many positive aspects also.  First, as mentioned above many North Koreans will fill up those cheap labor positions, but that part was same even for East Germans.  However working cheap labors in United Germany still pays a lot better than being a skilled professional in East Germany.  As many developed nations would, South Korean population growth rate is slowing down rapidly and due to their improved diet, living standard and health care system South Korea is projected tol have one of the oldest  population  in  the world.  They are already importing increasing amount of SE Asian labor force for the same reasons.

Second, much of North Korea is filled with mountains which contains many important industrial resorces like iron and coal as mentioned above also, but also rivers running through these mountains are better suited for building dams to generate power than ones in South.  A great help for a nation which does not produce a single drop for oil.  Also, as South has invested in Geumgangsan area already, Mt Baekdu or Kaesung could be developed as tourist destinations.

Third, which also has been metioned, military spending is no joke for either Korea.  Cutting down just half of that for both Koreas will be great lifts for both Koreas.   And I don't think the United korea will be invaded by anybody anytime soon, especially if they can keep North's nukes.

Fourth, Koreans are known for their passion(?) for education.  At first North Koreans will fill cheaper labors but younger children will recieve better education and they will catch up faster than the grown ups.

Fifth, about that class struggle, I don't deny that it won't happen but South Korea is no stranger to class struggles one of the most successful case of civil rights and labor movement.  South Korean university students alone could lift heavy weights in this issue, they already threw out a couple of U.S. backed dictators of their own.  It will be a problem, sure.  But I also see them making a huge improvements within a generation.

Sixth, North Korea has been so isolated from the rest of the world for so long. but in United Korea, North Korea will be in the middle of one of the biggest and fastest growing economy of China and one of the most advanced technology and industry of South Korea and even Japan.  As I've mentioned in other threads, what would be the economical value of highways and railroads running through Pusan to Seoul to Pyungyang to Beijing to Shanghai to HongKong?  Probably enough rebuild North Korea several times.  Plus, isn't 'rebuilding a nation' one of the fastest growing and most profitable business in the world today?

Seventh,  United korea will be a more soveregin nation that either korea will ever be.  There will be no excuse for a foreign troops to have bases in South Korea.  Even China will see South Korea as more of a neighbor than U.S. military outpost which will ease the tention in East Asia even more than the unification of Korea itself.

Sure, accomodating failing North Korean economy is no easy task, but the alternative is to live with a time bomb that ticks faster by each morning headlines.  It will be a hard work, but you will sleep better after a hard day's work.

If the numbers still doesn't crunch up right, remember, one plus one can be more than two.  The whole can be greater than the sum of its parts.  Thank God, Koreans are good at math.Wink

p.s.  I don't know how I ended up quoting the post I was writing but  if you read the previous posts I'm sure you can figure out which  part was qoutes are from others and which part is my post.  Sorry.Embarrassed

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 16-Nov-2006 at 07:35
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2006 at 22:51
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Originally posted by pekau

I do agree to a degree that it will be much bigger burden for South Korea to accomodate  North Korean economy than West Germany has been doing for East Germany.  South Korean economy is not in the same level with West Germany was and North Korean economy is defintely in worse shape than East Germany ever was.  Even population ratio is more like 2 to 1 for South/North Korea while it was more like 4 to 1 for West/East Germany which means there are more West German to spread the burden among them for a East German than South Koreans would have to bear for a North Korean.

But there are many positive aspects also.  First, as mentioned above many North Koreans will fill up those cheap labor positions, but that part was same even for East Germans.  However working cheap labors in United Germany still pays a lot better than being a skilled professional in East Germany.  As many developed nations would, South Korean population growth rate is slowing down rapidly and due to their improved diet, living standard and health care system South Korea is projected tol have one of the oldest  population  in  the world.  They are already importing increasing amount of SE Asian labor force for the same reasons.

Second, much of North Korea is filled with mountains which contains many important industrial resorces like iron and coal as mentioned above also, but also rivers running through these mountains are better suited for building dams to generate power than ones in South.  A great help for a nation which does not produce a single drop for oil.  Also, as South has invested in Geumgangsan area already, Mt Baekdu or Kaesung could be developed as tourist destinations.

Third, which also has been metioned, military spending is no joke for either Korea.  Cutting down just half of that for both Koreas will be great lifts for both Koreas.   And I don't think the United korea will be invaded by anybody anytime soon, especially if they can keep North's nukes.

Fourth, Koreans are known for their passion(?) for education.  At first North Koreans will fill cheaper labors but younger children will recieve better education and they will catch up faster than the grown ups.

Fifth, about that class struggle, I don't deny that it won't happen but South Korea is no stranger to class struggles one of the most successful case of civil rights and labor movement.  South Korean university students alone could lift heavy weights in this issue, they already threw out a couple of U.S. backed dictators of their own.  It will be a problem, sure.  But I also see them making a huge improvements within a generation.

Sixth, North Korea has been so isolated from the rest of the world for so long. but in United Korea, North Korea will be in the middle of one of the biggest and fastest growing economy of China and one of the most advanced technology and industry of South Korea and even Japan.  As I've mentioned in other threads, what would be the economical value of highways and railroads running through Pusan to Seoul to Pyungyang to Beijing to Shanghai to HongKong?  Probably enough rebuild North Korea several times.  Plus, isn't 'rebuilding a nation' one of the fastest growing and most profitable business in the world today?

Seventh,  United korea will be a more soveregin nation that either korea will ever be.  There will be no excuse for a foreign troops to have bases in South Korea.  Even China will see South Korea as more of a neighbor than U.S. military outpost which will ease the tention in East Asia even more than the unification of Korea itself.

Sure, accomodating failing North Korean economy is no easy task, but the alternative is to live with a time bomb that ticks faster by each morning headlines.  It will be a hard work, but you will sleep better after a hard day's work.

If the numbers still doesn't crunch up right, remember, one plus one can be more than two.  The whole can be greater than the sum of its parts.  Thank God, Koreans are good at math.Wink

p.s.  I don't know how I ended up quoting the post I was writing but  if you read the previous posts I'm sure you can figure out which  part was qoutes are from others and which part is my post.  Sorry.Embarrassed

Hey, someone had way too much time to type all this... LOL 

Well, I am impressed. Thats a lot of good reasons that I cant counter.

I just like to point out few things. Most of South Koreans do not like education. All these rumors about Japanese and Koreans (I am not sure about China) studying hard as hell is true to some extent. It is clear (Can it be any clearer?) that Koreans and Japanese spend so much time studying that their life just looks so sad for other nations. However, are they efficient in study? I know this personally because I am half-Korean and half-Japanese as well. Most of us spend our time memorizing the textbooks and remembering as much information as possible. Thats why Koreans and Japanese are amazing in math but when they take complicated math courses in University most of them all fail. Most of us memorize, not understanding the concepts behind it. Thats one of the reasons why practice quizzes and other sample quizzes are so popular in Korea. They buy so much of these cursed workbooks so that they can memorize all the possible type of questions. School is so corrupted, especially in elementary and junior high that many students just rely on other sources to learn rather than from school. Technically, school is where you learn discipline, social skills and take tests. Thats why learning institute is so popular in my homeland. Korea better get some education reform fast!

True, Korean university students did revolt against the corrupted government but did they honestly did by themselves. History already proved that lower class people could never create a successful revolution. Educated and wealthy middle class should be organizing lower classes to make successful coup. Where are the educated and wealthy students now? More and more educated and talented people are fleeing the chaotic nation to other stable nations such as France, Canada and the United States. Price of land is so ridiculously high that an apartment about the size of small apartment is over millions of dollars to buy!!! Inflation lets not even get there. Reform is necessary, but by who? Other corrupted and rich people, of course. Korean government officials have their secret police, for crying aloud! And by the way, you would probably not find this because theres no way America or Korea would let this schemes go in public. Koreans are busy trying to survive in harsh economy rather than making reforms. Its my nations greatest tragedy ever since the Japanese occupation during WWII.  

Plus, isn't 'rebuilding a nation' one of the fastest growing and most profitable business in the world today? - King Kang of Mu

Sure. We see this all the time. Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. What you are saying is true for WWI and WWII
Praetorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 03:23

Pekau I do not want to get in to this topic but your  wrong on the WW 2, Germany was actually the best equipped army in world in both World Wars... Mainly the second World War

Gundimar I agree with what you said, but theirs no way I can see how China and Japan getting the US presence out of Asia. You mite be rite that Japan and some others are growing tired of us being their. But they or Japan at least will choose the less of two evils and rather have the US in Asia Japan and China do not like each other.

Edited by Praetorian - 21-Jan-2007 at 03:26
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
--If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.

"game over!! man game over!!"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 10:18
Comparing the weapon systems of both militarizes, the quality of training, the state of equipment, logistics, political support, I would say SK would be able to defeat an invading NK force. If the NK use chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons, the story might be different.

The ROK military is very poor, but I think it can handle a force that uses 50 year old weapon systems.

If you look at military conflicts(especially the naval clashes) between South and North, the South caused disproportionate casualties among the North. Lot more north Koreans died than South.
Easternknight View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 12:51
Do you know anyhing about The ROK Military? Sources? proof for your claims? or are you just making things up [me thinks the latter].

If the Military is so poor then how can it spend 21 billon every year on Military how can it produce its own Military Equipment? ROKN is Building 3 [was supposed to be 6] KDX-III Destroyers which are superior to all other Escort Ships in terms of firepower bar the Russian Kirov BattleCruiser and Stealth Superior to the American Burke Destroyers along with new Missle Technology that now reaches 1,500+ KM now produces its own Cruise Missles, MBT also new K-2 is said to be the best MBT in Asia, Aircraft [T-50 is best Trainer Aircraft in the World USAF is considering replacing their entire Trainer Fleet with T-50s],SPH K-9 best SPH bar the German PZH-2000,its own MANPADs,MLRS,new IFV that will be the best in Asia arguably will be the best in the world in direct compitation with German IFV.

ROK military has ordered 60 F-15K has over 170 F-16 Block32/52
250 or so F-4E/F-5E

NAvy has 10 Submarines is building its won Son-Won-il 3500 ton+ maybe with VLS 9 modern Destroyes deployed

blah blah blah ROK Soldiers have thousands upon thousands of ATGM,MANPADs,SAM's,SPAAGS  etc etc ROK soldiers are praised by American Soldiers who call them "ROCK" soldiers because they are so well trained

please explain to me how this military is poor and this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of Military Equipment and training

comet9 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote comet9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 19:37
North Korean army wouldn't be able to advace for lack of fuel.
Soldiers would be hungry before they advance.
Don't worry.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 19:14
Originally posted by Praetorian

Pekau I do not want to get in to this topic but your  wrong on the WW 2, Germany was actually the best equipped army in world in both World Wars... Mainly the second World War

Gundimar I agree with what you said, but theirs no way I can see how China and Japan getting the US presence out of Asia. You mite be rite that Japan and some others are growing tired of us being their. But they or Japan at least will choose the less of two evils and rather have the US in Asia Japan and China do not like each other.

After Nazi Germany conquered France, yes. In the beginning, German armies were not "best equiped army" in the world. France was better armed and equiped than Nazi Germany. France had so much resources, had more tanks (In terms of both quantity and quality)... France had better ammunition and supply lines, and if WWII was a computer online game... France would have crushed the advancing German invaders.

This did not happen.

Germans won victories using their brilliant tactics and coordinated attacks. Look at Franco-Prussian war. Germans were ahead of France in terms of numbers (They mobilized first, and their population explosion due to sudden unification) and their steel artillery.

This misconception of overwhelming numbers of super-German armies should be reconsidered. Even throughout the WWII, horses still played a huge role in Germans' supply lines. Jeeps and trucks were in shor supply all the time, not being able to keep up with German's mobilization. One of the reason why Operation Barbarossa ended with massive failure during the Russian winter is that horses could not keep up against the brutal Russian winter.

Join us.
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 10:29
Originally posted by Easternknight

I'm too tired to fight any more; let's stop the lies. Yes, the mighty North Korean army will crush the imperialist puppet regime in the South! The captives of capitalism in the South will welcome the marching footsteps of the million-men starving army! It doesn't matter North has half the population, and less than 1/10 the economy. The Ju-Che idealism will triumph over South Korea superior technology-oriented armed forces, armed with larger ships, 30 year more advanced fighter crafts, more powerful tanks and artillery! The dear leader will somehow provide the fuels and ammunition needed, though there are only a months worth of war-supply left in the entire North Korean armed forces.

Substitutions: German for "North Korean"
                       North/South for "Europe"
                       Ju-Che for "National-Sosialism"
                       South Korea for "Allies"
                       North Koran Armed Forces: "Fatherland Armed Forces"

It sounds too much like the Battle of Berlin, 1945, doesn't it? ...and we all know the 9th Army was Hitler's myth...

..besides i'd nuke their a...s if i had to, and there's nothing they can do about it.

Edited by konstantinius - 28-Jan-2007 at 10:37
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 16:49
Meh, nuclear warfare may make most of our hypothesis to throw off...

Join us.
Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 03:39
If only because of its' ideological stance, I'd say that South Korea is more powerful.

In the event of war between the two, South Korea could assuredly call on help from the United States and its' allies. A similar situation to the first Korean War could very well develop, but like in the First Korean War, I don't believe that China, North Korea and other communist allies would be able to triumph. In my opinion, in the event of war, the forces of capitalism would either fight the battle over Korea to a draw or emerge victorious.

Regardless of the military technology of both, I think that the US has better technology than either. In the event of war, the US could probably be able to send over tanks, ships, planes, pilots, supplies and more. With such things at its' disposal, North Korea would be unable to score an offensive victory over South Korea. At best, it could play the nuclear weapons trump card and threaten to blow up the whole peninsula should its' own security be threatened. It's possible, in my opinion, that North Korea wants nuclear weapons for defensive purposes like this anyways.

Edited by Slick - 29-Jan-2007 at 03:44
"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 13:58

It is easy to compare South Korea with France prior to WWII. South Korea's military is much more advance than North, but South Korean military would not be able to organize itself to prepare for North's invasion. South Korea's government is among the most corrupted government in the world. (It's sustaining because US influence over South Korean government is still huge.) North would overwhelm South easily with their numerical supremacy, and their army is not like Russians in WWII. They actually have decent weapons. Let's not get to North Korea's supply crisis again. Remember when many Western economists believed that weak North Korea's economy would make Jung Il's regime to decline within 50 years? 67 years has passed, and North Korea is still strong as ever. North Koreans may have starving, but the military is well-fed and many, if not all, North Korean troops are still loyal to North Korea.

If US get involve, so would China. Granted, US are superior in technology, but China has numbers. Plus, US military is weakening. Us is already concentrating in Iraq, Afganistan and other parts of Middle East. If Second Korean War commences, I am not sure how many US troops would be able to help Koreans out. China, however, could cocentrate all their available reinforcements to Korea... and Japanese forces would not play a significant part.... other than some naval significance...

China probably can send more stocks of supplies, weapons, munitions, and such more than US, though the quality may be still favor US.

And yes, North Korea has been desparate ever since George Bush's declarating North Korea to be "Axis of evil". Ties and diplomacy between America and North Korea is weakening.... and North Korea better have some kind of security before they end up like Iraq.

Interesting enough, North Korea was actually getting along with South before Bush was elected as president of US. In fact, I remember South Korean gov. actually worrying about Kim Jung Il's newfound popularity due to this. Foreign intervention has been the curse of Korea's destiny. First China, Japan, Russia, America and China again... No wonder Koreans dilike foreigners so much...

Join us.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 20:39

If only because of its' ideological stance, I'd say that South Korea is more powerful.

In the event of war between the two, South Korea could assuredly call on help from the United States and its' allies. A similar situation to the first Korean War could very well develop, but like in the First Korean War, I don't believe that China, North Korea and other communist allies would be able to triumph. In my opinion, in the event of war, the forces of capitalism would either fight the battle over Korea to a draw or emerge victorious.

Regardless of the military technology of both, I think that the US has better technology than either. In the event of war, the US could probably be able to send over tanks, ships, planes, pilots, supplies and more. With such things at its' disposal, North Korea would be unable to score an offensive victory over South Korea. At best, it could play the nuclear weapons trump card and threaten to blow up the whole peninsula should its' own security be threatened. It's possible, in my opinion, that North Korea wants nuclear weapons for defensive purposes like this anyways.

America still has a small force in Korea All that is required is additional Air power and Naval Power to decrease The Death Toll. South Korea Victory is already assured. China is becoming a Superpower they Would be mad to want a Time-Bomb like North Korea being a problem for the fact that it exsists bad PR, Tens of Thousands of North Korean Refugees pouring into China, PRC sending Money to keep North Korea alive etc even if American Soldiers were to stay in the united Korea Its by far the better choice.

[QUOTE=pekau]

It is easy to compare South Korea with France prior to WWII. South Korea's military is much more advance than North, but South Korean military would not be able to organize itself to prepare for North's invasion. South Korea's government is among the most corrupted government in the world. (It's sustaining because US influence over South Korean government is still huge.) North would overwhelm South easily with their numerical supremacy, and their army is not like Russians in WWII. They actually have decent weapons. Let's not get to North Korea's supply crisis again. Remember when many Western economists believed that weak North Korea's economy would make Jung Il's regime to decline within 50 years? 67 years has passed, and North Korea is still strong as ever. North Koreans may have starving, but the military is well-fed and many, if not all, North Korean troops are still loyal to North Korea.

Could you please explain to me why South Korea could not organize? even though it has one of the most organized Militarys in the world? As it has been preparing and kept on edge for decades planning every possiable North Korean Attack? South Korean Goverment is not corrupt compared to most of the world, Compare it to any non-Western European Goverment and even then their goverments are still pretty corrupt ROK is pretty good compared with everyone else. your saying the American Goverment has control of ROK Goverment? then why is an anti-American Liberal the Presdient? um North Korea could not easily overwhealm the ROK as ROK Troops are better Equipped, better protected and have the advantage of Defense in heavily forested/Mountinous and Urban Areas. Lets just forget about ROKN and ROKAF having total Supremacy.
1. DPRK is HUGE on Counterfiting money
2. China Supplies them with money
3. The Military Food Supply is terriable just Google Images of North Korean Soldiers other then the ones right on the DMZ you wil know what im talking about. Loyal? interviews with North Korean Soldiers have said that everyone is hungry [including soldiers] and Morale is down the drain.

If US get involve, so would China. Granted, US are superior in technology, but China has numbers. Plus, US military is weakening. Us is already concentrating in Iraq, Afganistan and other parts of Middle East. If Second Korean War commences, I am not sure how many US troops would be able to help Koreans out. China, however, could cocentrate all their available reinforcements to Korea... and Japanese forces would not play a significant part.... other than some naval significance...

As Already Explained China would profit from a United Korea, North Korea is just one giant headache for P.R.C. China is quickly becoming a Superpower why would it risk losing its Status? not to mention its economy depends on American Consumers.  China going into Full-out War with Japan,ROK,US and maybe even Taiwan Would cause The death toll for the PLA to be staggering and with so many PLA Soldiers killed PRC wouldnt be able to produce large amounts of equipment required to field a new army in the millons. let alone feed them or Supply them PRC would be begging for internal uprisings.

China probably can send more stocks of supplies, weapons, munitions, and such more than US, though the quality may be still favor US.

The Quality would easily go to US Already explained IT cant produce them fast enough for its soldiers. and the Commoners would call for internal revloution. let us forget all the massive problems China is having internally right now.

And yes, North Korea has been desparate ever since George Bush's declarating North Korea to be "Axis of evil". Ties and diplomacy between America and North Korea is weakening.... and North Korea better have some kind of security before they end up like Iraq.

Interesting enough, North Korea was actually getting along with South before Bush was elected as president of US. In fact, I remember South Korean gov. actually worrying about Kim Jung Il's newfound popularity due to this. Foreign intervention has been the curse of Korea's destiny. First China, Japan, Russia, America and China again... No wonder Koreans dilike foreigners so much...

meh.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 22:55
Originally posted by Easternknight

America still has a small force in Korea All that is required is additional Air power and Naval Power to decrease The Death Toll. South Korea Victory is already assured. China is becoming a Superpower they Would be mad to want a Time-Bomb like North Korea being a problem for the fact that it exsists bad PR, Tens of Thousands of North Korean Refugees pouring into China, PRC sending Money to keep North Korea alive etc even if American Soldiers were to stay in the united Korea Its by far the better choice.

[QUOTE=pekau]

Could you please explain to me why South Korea could not organize? even though it has one of the most organized Militarys in the world? As it has been preparing and kept on edge for decades planning every possiable North Korean Attack? South Korean Goverment is not corrupt compared to most of the world, Compare it to any non-Western European Goverment and even then their goverments are still pretty corrupt ROK is pretty good compared with everyone else. your saying the American Goverment has control of ROK Goverment? then why is an anti-American Liberal the Presdient? um North Korea could not easily overwhealm the ROK as ROK Troops are better Equipped, better protected and have the advantage of Defense in heavily forested/Mountinous and Urban Areas. Lets just forget about ROKN and ROKAF having total Supremacy.
1. DPRK is HUGE on Counterfiting money
2. China Supplies them with money
3. The Military Food Supply is terriable just Google Images of North Korean Soldiers other then the ones right on the DMZ you wil know what im talking about. Loyal? interviews with North Korean Soldiers have said that everyone is hungry [including soldiers] and Morale is down the drain.

As Already Explained China would profit from a United Korea, North Korea is just one giant headache for P.R.C. China is quickly becoming a Superpower why would it risk losing its Status? not to mention its economy depends on American Consumers.  China going into Full-out War with Japan,ROK,US and maybe even Taiwan Would cause The death toll for the PLA to be staggering and with so many PLA Soldiers killed PRC wouldnt be able to produce large amounts of equipment required to field a new army in the millons. let alone feed them or Supply them PRC would be begging for internal uprisings.

The Quality would easily go to US Already explained IT cant produce them fast enough for its soldiers. and the Commoners would call for internal revloution. let us forget all the massive problems China is having internally right now.

meh.

Um... could you bold or somehow make your comments stand out? It's difficult to find out what you typed...LOL

Join us.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Easternknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2007 at 17:29

Your 100% Wrong about the North Overunning the South

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2007 at 18:51
Nothing's 100%, Easterknight. As a historian, you should know that.

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>