Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Music
    Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 00:46

Post Links To Music

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 21:37
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 21:38
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 21:39
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 21:41
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2006 at 05:40
thanks alot here what do you think of this one

What instrument is he playing

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 16:02
http://www.yat-kha.com

Download samples of Tuvan Turkic folkloric music. (Yat-Kha is a Tuvan group.)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 17:30
Originally posted by Visual

I downloaded the last one, took ages!  Turns out its a documentary in Chinese!!!! Oh as I am typing this the man stopped talking and music started, so its okay now...
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 18:11
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 18:31
Bulldog , I was wondering if you know any thing about an old song History "Sari Gelin"?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 23:14
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 23:18
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 23:17
I really enjoyed Turkish folk music and enjoy free concerts in the Basillica Cisteren, of course built by the Rum.    
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 04:14
Originally posted by shinai

Bulldog , I was wondering if you know any thing about an old song History "Sari Gelin"?
Saaaarı geliin amanWink
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 13:12
Shinai, "Sari Gelin" was most probobly a Kipchak Turk, they were usually called Sari(Yellow/Blonde). Many poets for example Nezami Gencevi have used Kipchaks to express beauty like in his Iskandarname. Its thought to have been a love story between another Turk guy and the Kipchak girl, they elope for seven years during Kipchak battles, or Georgian Seljuk wars or WW1. Like alot of folk-songs it probobly has developed through time. Its common to Azerbaycan,Erzerum, Kars Turks.

Its a beatiful song. Thumbs Up

This guy below is awesome on the Baglama

Cetin akdeniz -- Kadioglu zeybegi & Seyh Samil

Cetin akdeniz -- cirit havasi

Cetin Akdeniz

Cetin Akdeniz -- Topal Oyun Havası

cetin akdeniz -- kaytagi

cetin akdeniz --hekimoglu

etin Akdeniz "Kız Glbeden"(Azerbaycan Turku)

etin Akdeniz "Gayri dayanamam"

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2006 at 08:57
Study more on the song "Sari Gelin", Bulldog.
last_janissary View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote last_janissary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 08:42
Kerkk-trkmen- AltınHızma...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhWNO0LNTc
http://www.ilkerozer.net

ephestion View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ephestion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 09:20
Psssss....thats it im going to vomit.

The Hijaz (hitzaz) playd on the upbeat instead of the down beat like a 4/4 country instead of a 2/4 sounds like a Jew song pretending to have soul.

Cetin Adeniz sucked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcwqQt94VnE
I mean really the armine at the start was ok then they screwed it completly.

Some guys were even playing 4/4 instead of 9/16 with a syncopation on the 4th. I suggest if you want to listen to Bouzouki music go get some Greek songs called the Rembetika. The Rembetika are closer to a Helleno-Turk relationship. The sad thing is that even if the best Turkish music is Greek the Greeks have stopped producing it and the quality of Bouzouki players has reduced considerably since the decades past. Those Turk players are teh worst i have ever heard in my life. Despite the fact i actually like the Arxeo Dromoi, the Turk music never mastered the dromoi of which must be played with correct rythem and timing to get the desired effect. I mean sure the riffs or motives are Persian or anatolian, but the combination needs to be achieved otherwise it is shallow.

The singing in this sucks but for a young guy he plays the bouzouki really well. Also I chose this because it describes the Turkish people, the song is called "5 Greeks living in Hell".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPPrZrqOljQ
Notice the Rythem is 9/16 with a syncopated beat similar to Byzantine music and rythems used in the Orthodox Liturgy. The Dromos he uses I think is infact a funnily enough the Kourdi (Kourdish) although it may be Hitzaz. (He plays it different to the classic way because he is a noob)

Edited by ephestion - 17-Dec-2006 at 09:47
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 10:31
Its been nice knowng you, it's a matter of time now before a moderator discovers this and gives you a boot out of here so incase we don't meet again, Bye Bye LOL There's no point debating with extremist racists, its like talking to a brick wall.
Albert Pine

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 14:34
TARKAN

Simarik - Tarkan (Kiss Kiss)

Concert Azerbaycan - Dudu

Tarkan - Sikidim

Tarkan - Hup

Uzun Ince Bir Yoldayim-Tarkan - Orginally a song by master Ozan Asik Veysel

Tarkan - Sorma Kalbim

Tarkan - don bebegim

Tarkan - Bir Oluruz Yolunda

Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>