Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tipu Sultan -do you know him?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tipu Sultan -do you know him?
    Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 06:12
And the Indian judicial system rightly recognised that Tipu Sultan was a traitor. Then the Supporters of tipu started saying that they will call it a work of fiction. The Indian judicial system again deefended the  freedom of speech given in India and allowed them to go ahead with their work of FICTION.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 12:02
indian judicial system?kindlt dont distort history my friend.he was a brave man who died fighting on the battle field and i can understand your hatred for him as you are a brahmin.but ask the hindis of kerala especially the nairs they are proud of himSmile for he saved the nair women aginst the nambudris brahmins
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 23:17
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

Tipu Sultan, the eldest son of Haider Ali, was born on December 10, 1750 at Devanhalli. Right from his early years he was trained in the art of warfare and at the age of 15 he used to accompany his father Haider Ali, the ruler of Mysore, to different military campaigns. In Addition, he also learnt different languages, mathematics and science. Tipu Sultan had a fascination for learning. His personal library consisted of more than 2,000 books in different languages. He was an extremely active man and worked hard for the welfare of his subjects. He took over the kingdom of Mysore after the death of his father in 1782, who died of a carbuncle in the midst of a campaign against the British. He continued fighting the British and defeated them in 1783.

Tipu Sultan was a farsighted person who could foresee East India Company's design to get entrenched in India. He therefore negotiated with the French for help and also sought assistance from the Amir of Afghanistan and the Sultan of Turkey. The British were scared of Tipu's growing strength and after their defeat in 1783 they formed an alliance with the Nizam of Hyderabad and Marhattas. The French, however, deserted Tipu after the signing of the Treaty of Versailles. The British availed the chance with the help of the Nizam and the Marathas, and started the third Anglo-Mysore war in 1790.

As long as the British fought alone, Tipu always defeated them. But he could not come over their diplomacy, conspiracy and intrigue. Thus he was defeated in his capital, Seringapatam, and was forced to sign a humiliating treaty on March 22, 1792. As a result he had to concede half of his kingdom and pay an indemnity of 33 million rupees to the British and their allies. The alliance between the adversaries was soon broken and in 1795 the British, after defeating the Nizam, once again turned their attention towards Mysore. After the treaty at Seringapatam, Tipu Sultan did not waste his time and made extensive preparations against the British. He had rebuilt his war machine in the shortest possible time with the help of the French. The British regarded it as a violation of the treaty. This led to the start of the fourth Anglo-Mysore war in 1798 with the help of the Nizam. The French were unable to provide the needed support to Tipu Sultan. Tipu Sultan retreated to his capital and continued fighting till he breathed his last in May 1799. Tipu Sultan is buried at a mausoleum that he himself had built, along with his father Haider Ali and his mother Fatima Begum.

Tipu Sultan was a great patriot and like his father realized the danger of letting the British becoming stronger. Although much of the period of his rule was given to war with the Marhattas, the Nizam and the British, he made his state secure and peaceful with benevolent rule. He was an enlightened ruler who treated his non-Muslim subjects generously. He built a chain of excellent roads and constructed tanks and dams to promote agriculture. He introduced new industries, promoted trade and commerce on a large scale. Tipu prohibited the production and distribution of liquor and other intoxicants in Mysore. He also built and fortified numerous forts and many palaces, which were demolished by the British after his death. Bangalore Summer Palace still survives and is a remnant of his grand rule.

I have seen a movie about him

Edited by sirius99 - 04-Oct-2006 at 23:18
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 02:17
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

indian judicial system?kindlt dont distort history my friend.

Friend, I am not distorting history.I am merely stating the correct history. The definition of distortion does not inlude it's agreement with your personal likes.

he was a brave man who died fighting on the battle field

He died while trying to flee from one of the smaller gates of his palace.

and i can understand your hatred for him as you are a brahmin.

It's not that I don't like him because of being Brahamin, but because I am an Indian & tipu was a traitor born to a traitor father.  Further being a brahamin, I should have lesser reasons to not like tipu, because the dominance of Brahamins had grown during Tipu's rule

but ask the hindis of kerala especially the nairs they are proud of him

All the articles which I have posted which you are not able to read are written by people of Kerela. And going further, they have been written by Nairs. I wonder how you know about the Nairs. have you ever seen a Nair ? I work amongst them, live with them & have grown up with them.

I don't know what is your nationality, but if you are not a pakistani, I would be most willing to invite you to kerela & personally take you round the country of Nairs & show you the temples & churches that had been destroyed by Tipu & records of other attroicities done by the cruel person.

I would also take you to the person who owns the famous Sword which tipu, the tyrannt used on which it is written  that it is meant for killing the non muslims & spreading muhammedanism.

Smile for he saved the nair women aginst the nambudris brahmins

Since I use politically correct language, I would only say that you are an ignorant person who has no knowledge about the social system in India otherwise you would not have made this statment, since you are talking about India, not Pakistan where there exists a Hudood law which requires a raped women to furnish four male eye witnesses for proving her rape.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 02:25
tipu you seem to know more about the original tipu than the original tipu himself. Which is why you are bent upon contradicting what the original tipu had to say about himself.

Please don't call such a big traitor son of a traitor father a patriot.

If you wish I am willing to take you personally to the present Honrary king of Mysore, the descendent of the then king of mysore one of the persons with whom hyder & tipu had done the traitorship.

Or I could also take you to the family of Zamorin or whose kingdoms tipu had so cruelly ravaged & raped.

I would also request you to invite me to your place & show me the good things, which tipu had done.
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 03:05
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Since I use politically correct language, I would only say that you are an ignorant person who has no knowledge about the social system in India otherwise you would not have made this statment, since you are talking about India, not Pakistan where there exists a Hudood law which requires a raped women to furnish four male eye witnesses for proving her rape.

1) Hudood does not require 4 witnesses to get a penalty of Tazir imposed on the rapist. 

2) The law is about to change.

3) Tipu Sultan was no different to the Marathas or any of the other forces at the time. He even had a Hindu pime minister and commander-in-chief.

Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 03:49

Much of what Vivek is saying is the old propaganda for demonizing Tipu Sultan so that invading forces could get a foothold in the subcontinent.

Hindu temples were protected under Tipus state, and when the Marathas had destroyed temples he funded their rebuilding. Hardly the act of someone who was bent on converting all Hindus to Islam. Besides it was the Marathas that were committing atrocities on the Sudras. Just about everyone was killing Hindus in the subcontinent, even the Hindus themselves.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:24
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

1) Hudood does not require 4 witnesses to get a penalty of Tazir imposed on the rapist. 

then what wlse is that law for ?

Why do you wnat to change it  under pressure if it is so good ?
& why has it not been changed so far, Who is opposing it ?

3) Tipu Sultan was no different to the Marathas or any of the other forces at the time. He even had a Hindu pime minister and commander-in-chief.

He was entirely diffferent. The Maratahas were nationalists, Tipu was a traitor. The Marathas were universally liked by their subjects, Tipu was universally hated by them.

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:32

then what wlse is that law for ? 

You have a short memory, I already explained this. The 4 witnesses rule applies to public rape (i.e.where there are witnesses!). When there are not 4 witnesses, Tazir ruling applies.

Why do you wnat to change it  under pressure if it is so good ?
& why has it not been changed so far, Who is opposing it ?

The law wasnt so good. That's why it's being changed. Has to be given to the select committee then through to the lower house.

He was entirely diffferent. The Maratahas were nationalists, Tipu was a traitor. The Marathas were universally liked by their subjects, Tipu was universally hated by them.

Tell that to the Sudras, or the Shrigervum temple people or whatever they're called. Also the people of Bengal, Orissa, Aliverdi Khan, in fact Brahmins even were the targets of the Marathas.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 05-Oct-2006 at 04:50
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:44

Much of what Vivek is saying is the old propaganda for demonizing Tipu Sultan so that invading forces could get a foothold in the subcontinent.

A demon doesn't need any demonizing. It was only coincidental that the british finished him off, otherwise the Marathas & the Nizam would certainly have done so sooner or later.

Hindu temples were protected under Tipus state,

This goes for churches too. They were protected in their new avataar, that of a mosque.

and when the Marathas had destroyed temples he funded their rebuilding.

Very funny. Nationalist Temple builders becoming temple destroyers. This is a statement  borne out of frustration & nothing better to claim. Please cite sources to your claim.

Besides it was the Marathas that were committing atrocities on the Sudras.

Again I am forced to give the same reply as above. Please read maratha history before jumping to frivolous claims.

Just about everyone was killing Hindus in the subcontinent, even the Hindus themselves.

The point is not the killing, it is the torture, the attroicities, cruelty & fanatic attitude.

AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:49

There is ample record and large documentary evidence which throws light on the character of Tipu Sultan. The Petitioners who has filed a case against the serial on Tipu Sultan had produced the relevant Gazetteers of Mysore and Kerala and the letters of Tipu Sultan at the time of hearing at the Bombay High Court  to prove the following:

1. He claimed to be a Paigambar.

2. He adopted the title of Padshah.

3. He sometimes designated his own State as "Sircar-e-Khodadad -e- usud-ilhye -e- Ahmady" - in plain language, an Islamic State.

4. He introduced a new calendar beginning with the birth of Mohammed the Prophet, and the names of the months and years were in Arabic language and Hijra calendar.

5. He changed the Hindu names of cities, towns, villages, and fords to Muslim names in the State of Mysore.

6. Inscriptions on Tipu's sword, on stones, on coins, and on gold mohurs were in the name of Allah, or in the name of prophet Mohammed, or in praise of Islam, or for the destruction of unbelievers and infidels (Hindus).

7. He invented new names for his coins. His gold and silver coins were named after the saints of Islam. His copper coins bore the Arabic and Persian names of stars. The first double paisa of Tipu was named Afzal Khalifa. Some pagoda pieces were called Ahmadi, one of the names of the Prophet.

8. He introduced new weights and measures.

9. The list of chiefs of every province and district showed only Muslim names. All the strategic positions were held by Muslims, and not a single Hindu name is found.

10. He created two types of troops or corps - Ahmadis and Usud Illeye. The Hindu captives were converted as Usud Illye and the rest were said to be Ahmadis.

11. His commands were promulgated in the language of the Koran, particularly in keeping with passages from Chapter II, IX, and LXI.

The Koran says: "Fight with those who do riot believe in God and in the last day, and who do not consider those things as unlawful which God and his Prophet have prohibited and profess not the true religion, and fight with those unto whom the scriptures have been given, until they pay tribute by right of subjugation and be rendered low."

Tipu proclaimed: "It is our constant object and sincere intention that those worthless and stiffnecked infidels (Hindus) who have turned aside their heads from obedience to the true believers, and openly raised the standard of infidelity should be chastised by the hands of the faithful and made either to acknowledge the true religion or to pay tribute."

12. He regarded the war in Kerala as holy: "Having come to the resolution of prosecuting a holy war against them, deem it expedient."

13. He proclaimed that his commanders should serve Islam: "Promoting the prosperity and advantage of the people of Islam and the overthrowing of unrighteous infidels, you will do whatever may be in your power to increase the lustre of the firm religion of Mohammed.

14. He was out to humuliate the Hindus and glorify Islam: "By the blessings of Allah and the aid of the Prophet, the forces of the accursed, having experienced a signal defeat and chastisement, have turned their faces to flight, and the troops of Islam are victorious over the enemies of the faith. Thus the army of the accursed infidels has been trodden underfoot by the hoofs of the horses of Islam and rendered vile and miserable, while the religion of Mohammed has been thereby made to flourish. You, Sir, will, therefore, apply with all your heart the best means of advancing the religion of Mohammed and of administering to the support of Islam."

15. He appealed to the Muslims abroad, specially the Asian Sultans, to help him in his mission. He wrote to Zaman Shah the ruler of Afghanistan, and to the Persian and Turkish rulers. He pleaded with them to invade North India and depose the infirm (Moghul) king who had reduced the faith to this state of weakness.

16. He wrote to Zaman Shah, the king of Afghanistan, that "we should come together in carrying on a holy war against the infidels, and for freeing the region of Hindustan from the contamination of the enemies of our religion (Hindus)".

17. He sent delegations to Kabul, Basra, Istanbul, Mauritius, and Paris, and embassies to Persia, Turkey, and Constantinople, that is, to the Caliph of Islam.

18. He invited the French for help against the British in India for his own purpose. His plan was to divide South India between himself and the French. There were written agreements between the two parties in this respect. He requested the French to supply ten thousand trained Europeans and thirty thousand negros.

19. He demolished eight thousand Hindu temples and forcefully converted thousands of Hindus and Christians.

All these clearly explain and establish the dominant character of Tipu Sultan as a fanatic and cruel Islamic ruler, as inviting foreign imperial powers to invade and subjugate the country, and also as committing every known method of cruelty to convert Hindus. He did all this for the glory and spread of Islam in India. He never had any patriotic sentiments nor high principles as depicted in the scandalous novel of Bhagwan Gidwani.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:54
Tell that to the Sudras,

I told it to the Sudras, they all started laughing at your statement, they wanted to meet you. Please come, let us go to the scene of tipu's crimes & verfy.

or the Shrigervum temple people or whatever they're called.

I have been there. They would also be too happy to discuss with you !

Also the people of Bengal, Orissa, Aliverdi Khan,

They all regard the Marathas as true patriots. Maybe we could go their also ! Aliverdi khan for that matter is dead. He was killed by the Marathas & his entire army routed.

in fact Brahmins even were the targets of the Marathas.

I pity your knowledge of the Maratha history.

For your information I am a Bhatt Brahamin & the Maratha upsurge was led by the Bhatt Brahamins including the person who in alliance with the British decided that it was time for tipu to die.

Edited by Vivek Sharma - 05-Oct-2006 at 04:55
AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:56
So it is clear from the above that he was not a patriot at all but was a traitor who was fighting against Britishers but wanted to Install the French regime in India.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 04:59
AP, you have posted the correct facts, but then some people don't go by facts alone. I have posted, what tipu himself sid about himself, but our friends the new tipu & telde dear claim to know more about tipu than tipu himself.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:01
Originally posted by AP Singh

So it is clear from the above that he was not a patriot at all but was a traitor who was fighting against Britishers but wanted to Install the French regime in India.

And also he was desperetly trying to invite every power. The turks, afghans, persians etc......
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:06
And while I was at it, I just remebered, tipu, the traitor wanted to become another Aurangzeb forgetting the fact that he would have to fight the same Marathas, who under the leadership of their founder, the Great Gurjar patriot Shivaji Maharaj had blasted Aurangjeb to smithreens.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:07

and when the Marathas had destroyed temples he funded their rebuilding.

Very funny. Nationalist Temple builders becoming temple destroyers. This is a statement  borne out of frustration & nothing better to claim. Please cite sources to your claim.

Since you're into letters, here's one from Tipu Sultan to the Swami of Sringeri Temple after the Maratha raid.

"People who have sinned against such a holy place are sure to suffer the consequences of their misdeeds"
He destroyed temples in land he invaded, but the temples on his own land he funded.

Besides it was the Marathas that were committing atrocities on the Sudras.

Again I am forced to give the same reply as above. Please read maratha history before jumping to frivolous claims.

Just about everyone was killing Hindus in the subcontinent, even the Hindus themselves.

The point is not the killing, it is the torture, the attroicities, cruelty & fanatic attitude.

Vaneshwar Vidhyalankar, court pandit of the Maharaja of Barddhaman - ' Shahu Rajah's (Maratha) troops are niggard of pity, slayers of pregnant women and infants, of Brahmins and the poor, fierce in spirit, expert in robbing the property of every one and committing every kind of sinful act. ...'.

They were driven out of Bengali in 1742 by Alibardi Khan.

AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:10
Muslims always say that they treat everybody as equals and always give the example of attrocities on Shudras among Hindus but no body can match some of the Muslims in this category category. See the following case of Shahajahan doing the most henious act to one his faithful citizen.

Taj Mahal described as the most extravagant monument ever built for love, it was constructed by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his queen Mumtaz Mahal, made out of white marble took 22 years to complete (1630-1652 AD). Ustad Ahamad Lahori, a Persian Architect, is said to be the main designer and planner for this magnificent memorial. On full moon nights, the glory of the Taj is at its best. Legend has it that once the construction was completed, Shah Jehan had Lahori's hands cut off and his eyes gouged out, so he would never be able to duplicate the structure.
AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:16
And I would like to add that Tipu Sultan was worst than Shahajahan though a very very small ruler in comparison to shahajahan.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 05:30
I think every ruler in the world, with the possible exception of Firoz Tughluq of the Delhi Sultanate and Fredrick II of Norman Sicily,  is worse than Shah Jehan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>