Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abrahams Origin in India?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abrahams Origin in India?
    Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 10:25

[/QUOTE] 
A couple of tribes did move from the Indus to the Ganges area. They moved at the end of the Rig Vedic period. But the Rig Veda is a collection of hymns from the area of ancient Pakistan, not India. 
[/QUOTE]

So teldeInduz what exactly is your point??? The Brahmana texts that explain the Vedic rituals and  significance were composed in the Ganges-Yamuna area. So what do you make about that? Did the "ancient Pakistanis" compose the Vedas, and the ancient indians compose the manuals explalning them.
I can argue that throughout history  the Greeks, Scythians, kushanas, Arabs, Mughals, and Pathans entered the Punjab . The new groups found that Buddhism, Islam and Sikhism were easier to assimilate into then the Vedic religion. So Brahmins were found less and less around the Indus area,and they took their religion with them, wherever they went, ie the Vedas which is known as BRAHMINISM, incase you care to look it up, perhaps you shouldLOL
But according to your theory the Vedas have nothing to do with Hindus and is not their heritage but rather you have this "ancient Pakistani" theory, as if Punjab has not been in a continous state of influx, even though it is the gateway to India. Arabs took over Egypt and Persia with the rise of Islam, so tell me were the "Ancient Arabs" responsible for the ancient civilastions of Egypt and Persia????? Enough Said!!

Edited by Vedam - 17-Oct-2006 at 13:45
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 20:41

Originally posted by Vedam

So teldeInduz what exactly is your point??? The Brahmana texts that explain the Vedic rituals and  significance were composed in the Ganges-Yamuna area. So what do you make about that? Did the "ancient Pakistanis" compose the Vedas, and the ancient indians compose the manuals explalning them

Yes

I can argue that throughout history  the Greeks, Scythians, kushanas, Arabs, Mughals, and Pathans entered the Punjab .

No you can't actually. The Greeks did not enter Punjab (or at least settle there, some did settle in the Greek settlements but this was in Gandhara, and it's pretty certain that Greek genetics have a very small influence in Pashtun history). The Punjabis themselves are a clear mix of these ancient Aryans and the inhabitants of ancient India. Pathans also did not move into Punjab.

The new groups found that Buddhism, Islam and Sikhism were easier to assimilate into then the Vedic religion.

Sikh religion was invented very recently, there was no Vedism around this time. Ancient Pakistanis were probably practitioners of the Veda till Buddhism came along, and then Islam later. Buddhism was probably a religious reaction to Vedism from what I read, so it was probably that the people of ancient Pakistan did not agree with what the Aryans said in the Veda.

So Brahmins were found less and less around the Indus area,and they took their religion with them, wherever they went, ie the Vedas which is known as BRAHMINISM, incase you care to look it up, perhaps you shouldLOL

This is a big myth. Again a play with words. Brahminism and Vedism are in reality not the same thing, but modern day Brahmins have tried to associate Brahmins with the Vedas. It's a complete myth. The Brahminical Gods were Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma..all Gangetic, none from the Veda. Brahminism arose from when the Aryan tribes lost power and the colour based system was replaced with the caste system based on Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Untouchables etc.

But according to your theory the Vedas have nothing to do with Hindus and is not their heritage but rather you have this "ancient Pakistani" theory, as if Punjab has not been in a continous state of influx, even though it is the gateway to India. Arabs took over Egypt and Persia with the rise of Islam, so tell me were the "Ancient Arabs" responsible for the ancient civilastions of Egypt and Persia????? Enough Said!!

Vedism was an earlier religion. Hinduism was one that appeared later. Hinduism evolved from Vedism. So, no, Vedism is not Indian heritage, but Hinduism is.

The Arabs might or might not have taken over Egypt and Persia, butt they did not rename Persia as Mesopotamia and then claim Mesopotamian heritage as theirs.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 17-Oct-2006 at 21:03
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 00:54
Funny, how desperation leads to hypocrisy.  
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 04:17
Teldeinduz do some more research LOL.
Brahma, Visnu and Shiva are all deities in the Vedas, and the caste that you are an expert in are also first mentioned in the Vedas.
Hindu ceremonies are VEDIC rituals, perhaps you should go to a few Hindu functions. For example during a Hindu marriage with the Sacred fire, it is Agni, Indra, Soma that are invoked.
To say that "Vedism is not part of Hinduism" is not worth my energy, and i'm not going to comment anymore 
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 04:52

Teldeinduz do some more research LOL.
Brahma, Visnu and Shiva are all deities in the Vedas, and the caste that you are an expert in are also first mentioned in the Vedas.
Hindu ceremonies are VEDIC rituals, perhaps you should go to a few Hindu functions. For example during a Hindu marriage with the Sacred fire, it is Agni, Indra, Soma that are invoked.
To say that "Vedism is not part of Hinduism" is not worth my energy, and i'm not going to comment anymore 

Vedam, you would be able to understand telde's posts if you appreciate the intentions. He wishes to appropriate the Indian culture minus its what he thinks negative elements & term them as Pakistani. His posts have very good english & you will be able to enjoy them if you put yourself in the shoes of a person who is about 50 years old, but desperately trying to extend his age to thousands of years, when he sees many persons around older & much older than him.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 05:01

I never saw so much nonsense spouted in such a short time.

Decebal, a good attempt to try and stem the flood.

Edited by gcle2003 - 18-Oct-2006 at 05:03
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 06:02
can we seperate the vedism vs hinduism in another thread? this i want to get better attention
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 06:25
Originally posted by Leonidas

can we seperate the vedism vs hinduism in another thread? this i want to get better attention

Yes this discussion  vedism  vs hinduism  is a non issue.  I wonder why people  want to call it a subject. Their is nothing called  vedism  vs hinduism.

We should discuss the subject of the thread which is a very interesting & informative analysis.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 08:25
in your logic judism and christianty are the same religion.

hinduism was based of vedism as far as ive learnt, which makes them linked but that doesnt mean they are the same
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 08:48
Originally posted by Leonidas

in your logic judism and christianty are the same religion.

hinduism was based of vedism as far as ive learnt, which makes them linked but that doesnt mean they are the same

This analogy is not correct, because Jesus is not thought of as a Messiah/saviour in Judaism, hence the split.
By contrast to be a Hindu you have to believe in the santity of the vedas, which in effect are Hindu religious rituals.
Basically you cannot have  Hindu ceremony such as a wedding or funeral without the vedas as these are the hymns that are used (ie mantras are chanted from the vedas) 
The comparison of Judaism and christianity is more comparable to Hinduism and Buddhism. 

Edited by Vedam - 18-Oct-2006 at 08:52
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 09:12
Leonidas there is no difference in vedism & hinduism. This is a differentiatio sought to be created pakistani historians, who are anxious to creat a rich history of their own due to their nation being only 50 year old. They say vedas were born in Punjab & therefore belong to Pakistani origin. At the same time they also want to keep their distance from anything Hindu as their state istself was formed on an anti hindu platform. So they will say that the ancient vedas have no relation to Hinduism which belongs to India. This sounds funny, but is true.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 09:44

This analogy is not correct, because Jesus is not thought of as a Messiah/saviour in Judaism, hence the split.
By contrast to be a Hindu you have to believe in the santity of the vedas, which in effect are Hindu religious rituals.
Basically you cannot have  Hindu ceremony such as a wedding or funeral without the vedas as these are the hymns that are used (ie mantras are chanted from the vedas) 
The comparison of Judaism and christianity is more comparable to Hinduism and Buddhism.   

really? he was their "savoiur" and from their god, but many didnt agree and remained jewish. Jesus was a jew and his beliefs and many within christianity came out of that religion. The new testament cant be read without the old one which is almost the same book as the jewish torah. hence the split isnt complete, and definatly not like what your saying, yet they are two religions.

wasn't indra number one in the vedism? did the brahman-vishnu-shiva trinity exists in the earliest writings (rig-veda)? because i was led to belive the gods of the earliest vedas were different to the ones of today and the vedic gods now are not so important.

So please if your show me where in the rig-veda are these hindu gods, because i keep getting Indra, agni, maruts , rudra and so on.

if so ill shut up, promiseBig smile.

Vivek, they are related, but to say they are the same thing would not make sense either. Hinduims has evolved , to say it has remianed static in all this history would go agianst anything that is subject to time.

Edited by Leonidas - 18-Oct-2006 at 09:47
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 10:46

No you were saying that "Vedism and hinduism are not the same just as Judaism and Christianity are not even though they are linked" but i put this to you:

There are some groups in Hinduism who only follow the Vedas and nothing else they are called the "Arya Samaj" but they are as Hindu as someone who worships Rama or Krsna. Tell me can someone only follow the old testament and be a christian?

My point is in Hinduism there are many deities but all Hindus accept the authority of the Vedas, and the Vedas are used in at every major stage of life.

The vedas have not dissapeared from Hinduism, but it is true that Hinduism has evolved from the Vedic period, but the vedas are still a major part of Hinduism.  

With regards to Brahma, Visnu and Shiva, Brahma is Brahmanaspati, Visnu is mentioned 93 times the most famous hymn being book 1, hymn 154 and Shiva actually evolved from Rudra in the vedas, who is also called Tryambakam meaning "the 3 eyed" which is the main characteristic of shiva, the third eye being the eye of destruction. The necklace that shiva wears is called Rudraksh meaning the eyes of Rudra.
 I think this all points to continuity  

Edited by Vedam - 18-Oct-2006 at 11:49
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 14:07

Teldeinduz do some more research

Brahma, Visnu and Shiva are all deities in the Vedas, and the caste that you are an expert in are also first mentioned in the Vedas.

This is not true. The Rig Veda has 191 verses, over 100 of these verses speak on only 2 Gods, both of the Aryan..Agni and Indra (see the Rig Veda  here). The Hindu Gods you refer to like Vishnu there is 1 verse each out of the 191. This is most likely some extra verses that were added in later when the Veda was written and simply corrupted.

The Caste system is not mentioned in the Veda at all. The first time it is mentioned is in the Bhagavada Gita by Krishna while talking about the need for Brahmins to be knowledgable, Kshatriyas to be good warriors etc. Vedic people did not use the caste system. When a couple of the Vedic Aryan tribes moved to the Ganges, different forms of the caste system were created.

Hindu ceremonies are VEDIC rituals, perhaps you should go to a few Hindu functions. For example during a Hindu marriage with the Sacred fire, it is Agni, Indra, Soma that are invoked.

Why is this surprising? Vedism was brought to the Ganges by the Aryans and then the Gangetic people were first brought under control by it, then they took control of it. Hinduism developed out of Vedism. In fact, the Hindu Gods sometimes slay the Vedic Gods in the Hindu theology books. Indra (Aryan) is slain by Krishna (Hindu) in the Mahabharta.

This statement is not true according to Hindus themselves who say they are free to reject anything in the Vedas.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 18-Oct-2006 at 14:22
Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 15:13
OK teldeInduz, i have caught you out, you have obviously done just a bit of research, probably on the internet, and then you have the audacity to tell me about what you think you know although you have shown your lack of knowledge and obviously NEVER read the Rig veda. A comparison could be me telling you about the Koran.
All of your comments about the Rig Veda are only refering to the 1st book, because you obviously didn't realise you were just on the first book with your "Link". The Rig Veda actually has 10 books, of which the 2nd and 9th are the oldest parts.
The "Rig veda has 191 verses"  according to you, well firstly i  think you mean hymns and it has 1028 hymns, and it actually has over 10,000 verses. The first and the last books have 191 hymns each. The caste system is mentioned in book 10, hymn 90 and is called the Purus-sukta hymn or hymn of Man, a very famous hymn.... The mouth became Brahmin, the arms Kshatrya etc.
I am not going to debate about this with you anymore because i realise you have not actually read the Rig Veda or you would not have made such an INCORRECT comment but just tried to read up about it, and speak as if you are so knowlegeable about it,  a complete waste of my time. Thankyou and Byebye.  

Edited by Vedam - 18-Oct-2006 at 15:52
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 15:55

OK teldeInduz, i have caught you out, you have obviously done just a bit of research, probably on the internet, and then you have the audacity to tell me about what you think you know although you have shown your lack of knowledge and obviously NEVER read the Rig veda. A comparison could be me telling you about the Koran.
All of your comments about the Rig Veda are only refering to the 1st book, because you obviously didn't realise you were just on the first book with your "Link". The Rig Veda actually has 10 books, of which the 2nd and 9th are the oldest parts.
The "Rig veda has 191 verses"  according to you, well firstly i  think you mean hymns and it has 1028 hymns, and it actually has over 10,000 verses. The first and the last books have 191 hymns each. The caste system is mentioned in book 10, hymn 90 and is called the Purus-sukta hymn or hymn of Man, a very famous hymn.... The mouth became Brahmin, the arms Kshatrya etc.
I am not going to debate about this with you anymore because i realise you have not actually read the Rig Veda or you would not have made such an INCORRECT comment but just tried to read up about it, and speak as if you are so knowlegeable about it,  a complete waste of my time. Thankyou and Byebye.  

Click on each book one by one. It's still the same. They're 90% about Indra and Agni, with very little reference to anything else.

The caste system is just nonsense. The caste system was not a part of the culture or religion of the Vedic people. There's quite a bit of evidence for this. At the very least Vedic society was not like the caste system of today.

You're claiming that the Vedism and Hinduism are similar but they're clearly not. Why does Agni (Vedic God) eat cows, and then later as Hinduism develops, it's forbidden? 

11 Let us serve Agni with our hymns, Disposer, fed on ox and cow,
Who bears the Soma on his back.

Also, you talk of the Arya Samaj as being Vedic followers and they are not. They follow Hinduism, but they do reject Brahmin domination. They're also monists, Vedas are not monistic.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 18-Oct-2006 at 16:41
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 02:12
Vedam, you have stated the correct facts, but since it may conflict with some evolving hypothesiss, it may not always be accepted as the truth, predicatably.
Boreasi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Boreasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 04:54

TeleInduz, quote;

"Vedism was brought to the Ganges by the Aryans and then the Gangetic people were first brought under control by it, then they took control of it. Hinduism developed out of Vedism. In fact, the Hindu Gods sometimes slay the Vedic Gods in the Hindu theology books. Indra (Aryan) is slain by Krishna (Hindu) in the Mahabharta."

The Mahabarata seem to be the first description we have from a revolutionary change - in an established state with advanced political, social and cultural institutions. The old nobility of the Aryans seem to have been the big loosers in the war that broke out. Thus the highest amongst them would be able to assemble a large amount of people and resources - and emigrate them, rather than risking their lives at home.  The semittic immigrants to Mesopotamia and the Levant could very well be refugees from the Aryan nobility that lost out in the great warfare of Krisha. 

Krishna is supposed to be a historical person, existing some 4.000 years ago. The first battles known from Mesopotamia is known from Ur - are supposed to be some 3.800 years old. Could that be the results of a conflict between the immigrating Indo-Aryans (semites) and the native Sumerians ("Suleimans")?

Be good or be gone.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 05:34
Boreasi, You are right.  There were migrations & they are recorded.

Mahabharat was fought in 3150 B.C. That was also the time of Krishn.

The MADR (Known to the west as Medes, Medeians while they later called themselves the MAD people) community migrated North West.

The PRITHU people (known to the west as Parthians) who served in the army of the King PARTH migrated to west replacing the MADR people in their lands.

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 19:33
Originally posted by Boreasi

TeleInduz, quote;

"Vedism was brought to the Ganges by the Aryans and then the Gangetic people were first brought under control by it, then they took control of it. Hinduism developed out of Vedism. In fact, the Hindu Gods sometimes slay the Vedic Gods in the Hindu theology books. Indra (Aryan) is slain by Krishna (Hindu) in the Mahabharta."

The Mahabarata seem to be the first description we have from a revolutionary change - in an established state with advanced political, social and cultural institutions. The old nobility of the Aryans seem to have been the big loosers in the war that broke out.

What war?

Thus the highest amongst them would be able to assemble a large amount of people and resources - and emigrate them, rather than risking their lives at home.  The semittic immigrants to Mesopotamia and the Levant could very well be refugees from the Aryan nobility that lost out in the great warfare of Krisha. 

Krishna is supposed to be a historical person, existing some 4.000 years ago. The first battles known from Mesopotamia is known from Ur - are supposed to be some 3.800 years old. Could that be the results of a conflict between the immigrating Indo-Aryans (semites) and the native Sumerians ("Suleimans")?

Where do you get the date of 4000 years ago from? And what is the battle of Ur. This all seems to be total speculation. Hinduism was not in existence by 4000 years ago, neither was any of its predecessors.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 19-Oct-2006 at 19:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>