Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Geography of the Americas and Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mayra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mayra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geography of the Americas and Africa
    Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 22:09
Originally posted by Seko

Mayra a link with your synopsis of the article is sufficient. In the future all copy/pastings will be deleted on the spot.

Hunh? I don´t understand. I was responding to Pinguin who cuts and pastes photos etc., I thought this was allowed and have seen other posts with it and actually I really love to read the posts that have the photos and all. ´I didn´t realize it was prohibited. Sorry. I myself rather like looking in here at the posts that do have cut and paste as my time is limited on a public computer and I can get right to the meat.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
" I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive". Albert Einstein
ALLAN View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ALLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 21:49
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Aztec world map, showing the for windregions and twelve deities.
The Codex Fejérváry-Mayer depicts specific aspects of the tonalpohualli the 260-day Mesoamerican augural cycle. The painted manuscript divides the world into five parts. T-shaped trees delineate compass points: east at the top, west on the bottom, north on the left, and south on the right. The four directions are distributed around a sacred center, shown here as Xiuhtecuhlti, the god of fire.
"(a)The center; (b)the four world trees; (c)the body of Tezcatlipoca, the creator God (his dismembered parts - spine, head, foot, and hand - are seen at the interstices of the four quadrants); and (d)circular cartouches of year signs set on the framing Maltese Cross."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12