Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ethicist Nel Noddings is Visting My University

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethicist Nel Noddings is Visting My University
    Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 21:01
On the 18th, Nel Noddings will be giving a guest lecture at my university.  She appears to be interested primarily in "caring" and a feminist approach to education.

Does anyone know anything about her or have any opinions about what she stands for?
Member of IAEA
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 06:59
I don't know anything about her but now that she's visited ur campus would you like to enlighten us what she stands for.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 17:42
I don't know, I couldn't attend. I had an evening test on Statics.
Member of IAEA
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 17:57
Appears that she is big on sympathy/empathy that fosters a genuine caring atmosphere. Her altruistic intentions seem to enhance the foundation for receptive learning.

I personally do not know much about her theories and practice. I will say that the cornerstone of healthy relating is the ability to show empathy. Other than that I would need to see her results in order to make an opinion.

http://www.infed.org/thinkers/noddings.htm

Edited by Seko - 31-Oct-2006 at 17:58
 Post Reply Post Reply