Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pashtun tribes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
ashokharsana View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pashtun tribes
    Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 01:48
Hi Vedam & Maqsad,

I am not the proper authority to instruct you guys but in my opinion, Discussion should not go this way. We should not come down to personal ore national level while participating in each and every thread. We must realise that this is an international forum and people really make fun of it when they see Indian & Pakistani fighting on forums also.

We should be honest.....

Lets talk about western pak only:
Whosoever claimed that 30% of wetsern pakistan was Hindu (excluding sikhs) before partition was wrong.  

We know that approximately 8 million Hindus & sikhs left pakistan in 1947-1950, (half million died and never reached India) while 1 million hindus preferred to stay in pakistan. So It means over 9 million hindus were residing in Pakistan. The total number of people migrated from both sides were equal. After partition we had western pakistan with a total population of 34 million (1951 census). So, total presence of hindus & sikhs in pre-partitioned pakistan was actually more than 25%.

Note :Here we are not including Eastern Pakistan or Bangladesh.

A total of 15 million people migrated due to partition. 7.5 million muslims went to pakistan & 7.6 million Hindus and sikhs came to India. 80% of this migration took place in punjab & sind only. According to most reliable unofficial figures 1 million people died in the course of partition.

After Partition (1951)

India had 42 million Muslims that is approx 12% of total population of 360 million

While western pakistan had only 1 million hindus & sikhs that is less than 3% of total population of 34 million.

If we talk about Punjab only ( Approx 45% population of Pak resides here)
There were around 16% Hindus and 10% Sikhs in this area before partition (approx 5.5 million) . And will you believe, there were only 40,000 hindus & sikhs in Pakistani punjab after 1950. Total population of punjab was 19.8 million.
While Indian Punjab had 150 thousand Muslims out of the total population of 10 million (1.5%).

There were 42 million muslims in India at 1951 census, Today we have 140 million Muslims. If we talk about pakistan we find only 0.8 million Hindus as compared to the total 1 million hindus in 1951.

Regards

Ashok Harsana

Edited by ashokharsana - 30-Oct-2006 at 07:51
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 02:12

This 140 million figure of muslims does not include the illegal pakistanis & Bangladeshis  living in India.

I wonder do the pakistanis include the (Official ) Indians like Dawood Ibrahim, Memon brothers, Chhota Shakeel etc... living in pakistan in their census ?

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 02:48
Originally posted by ashokharsana

There were 42 million muslims in India at 1951 census, Today we have 140 million Muslims. If we talk about pakistan we find only 0.8 million Hindus as compared to the total 1 million hindus in 1951.

Your math is way out in many places and your facts are wrong also. Ignoring a load of errors, here's your biggest obvious error.

Total Hindus in West Pakistan in 1951 was 528,000. (census data)

Modern day Pakistan (2005), population of 150,000,000 has 2% Hindus. So total Hindus in Pakistan (2005) = 2% of 150,000,000 = 3 million.

Your figure of 0.8 million Hindus in Pakistan currently and 1 million in 1951 is a complete joke (once again your trying to cook up false facts). Look up any statistics apart from HindutvaFoundation, you'll find the figures I've quoted above.

There has been a 6 fold increase in the Hindu population of West Pakistan since 1951 to date. It has under no circumstances whatsoever decreased. The rest of your post can be  picked apart later. You should also remember that 80% of Hindus in Pakistan are Dalits who stayed in Pakistan rather than going to India, for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Ashokharsana

We should be honest.....

Yes, you should

Edited by TeldeInduz - 30-Oct-2006 at 02:54
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 03:08

Just like 80 percent of the muslims who stayed in India were muslims dalits who stayed for obvious reasons.

Vedam View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Vedam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 03:25
[/QUOTE] By Ashok Harsana

After Partition (1951)

India had 4.2 million Muslims that is approx 12% of total population of 360 million

While western pakistan had only 1 million hindus & sikhs  that is less than 3% of total population of 34 million.

If we talk about Punjab only ( Approx 45% population of Pak resides here)
There were around 16% Hindus and 10% Sikhs in this area before partition (approx 5.5 million) . And will you believe, there were only 40,000 hindus & sikhs in Pakistani punjab after 1950. Total population of punjab was 1.98 million.
While Indian Punjab had 150 thousand Muslims out of the total population of 10 million (1.5%).

Regards

Ashok Harsana

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree you with TeldeInduz, these figures are way off

Edited by Vedam - 30-Oct-2006 at 03:27
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 03:50
Originally posted by Ashok

I am not the proper authority to instruct you guys but in my opinion, Discussion should not go this way. We should not come down to personal ore national level while participating in each and every thread. We must realise that this is an international forum and people really make fun of it when they see Indian & Pakistani fighting on forums also.

That is the smartest thing I've heard on this thread. As the proper authority, I think everyone should take heed of this advice.

I think you have a couple of decimal points in the wrong place.
India had 4.2 million Muslims that is approx 12% of total population of 360 million

You must mean 42 million? 42 million is 12%, 4.2 is 1.2% which seems awfully low.
There were around 16% Hindus and 10% Sikhs in this area before partition (approx 5.5 million) . And will you believe, there were only 40,000 hindus & sikhs in Pakistani punjab after 1950. Total population of punjab was 1.98 million.

And you must mean 19.8 million in the punjab. As 5.5 million of 19.8 million is 27%, but you can't have a total population of 1.98 with 5.5 million Hindu's and Sikhs.
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 07:49
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by Ashok

I am not the proper authority to instruct you guys but in my opinion, Discussion should not go this way. We should not come down to personal ore national level while participating in each and every thread. We must realise that this is an international forum and people really make fun of it when they see Indian & Pakistani fighting on forums also.

That is the smartest thing I've heard on this thread. As the proper authority, I think everyone should take heed of this advice.

I think you have a couple of decimal points in the wrong place.
India had 4.2 million Muslims that is approx 12% of total population of 360 million

You must mean 42 million? 42 million is 12%, 4.2 is 1.2% which seems awfully low.
There were around 16% Hindus and 10% Sikhs in this area before partition (approx 5.5 million) . And will you believe, there were only 40,000 hindus & sikhs in Pakistani punjab after 1950. Total population of punjab was 1.98 million.

And you must mean 19.8 million in the punjab. As 5.5 million of 19.8 million is 27%, but you can't have a total population of 1.98 with 5.5 million Hindu's and Sikhs.

Thanx for correcting me Omar Bhai

Regards
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 08:11
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

Your math is way out in many places and your facts are wrong also. Ignoring a load of errors, here's your biggest obvious error.

Modern day Pakistan (2005), population of 150,000,000 has 2% Hindus. So total Hindus in Pakistan (2005) = 2% of 150,000,000 = 3 million.

Did u read my post carefully ?

if I wrote there were 1 million Hindus. I must have missed the word "Sikh"

See what i wrote:
While western pakistan had only 1 million hindus & sikhs that is less than 3% of total population of 34 million.

So the total Hindu & Sikh population in pakistan was approx 1 million.
Now in 2005 (see below) it is around 1.3 Million.
You can easily calculate how many hindus will be there ????

Even if we consider you figures as correct we can conclude that If Hindus were 0.528 Million and then the Sikh population comes out to be 0.45 Million at the time of partition.
Lets assume that sikh population has not increased since then.
Even in that case the hindus are not more than 0.85 Million.

And I am surprised to see that you dont have the idea of Pak's actual current population:

Pakistan's total population in 2005 was 162 million (Estimated)

Muslims 159 Million that is 98.0%
Christians 1.62 million that is 1.0%
Hindus and Sikhs 1.3 Million that is 0.8%
Others 0.32 Million

Tell me if i am wrong....

Regards

Edited by ashokharsana - 30-Oct-2006 at 08:15
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 11:04
the muslim strenght in india is under estimated according to provate surveys of ngo's the muslims are about 20-22% of the total population of india.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 16:17
Originally posted by ashokharsana

Did u read my post carefully ?

if I wrote there were 1 million Hindus. I must have missed the word "Sikh"

See what i wrote:

This is what you wrote.

"There were 42 million muslims in India at 1951 census, Today we have 140 million Muslims. If we talk about pakistan we find only 0.8 million Hindus as compared to the total 1 million hindus in 1951."  

But let's say you didnt mean to write it and it was an honest mistake, your figures are still totally incorrect.

The censuses show that total non Muslims in West Pakistan (including, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhist), was 965,000 in 1951. Not only is this less than the figure that you gave originally, but it is still less than your revised figure even when you add in all the Christians in Pakistan pre-partition!

So the total Hindu & Sikh population in pakistan was appro 1 million.
Now in 2005 (see below) it is around 1.3 Million.
You can easily calculate how many  will be hindus there ????

ALL your figures are completely inaccurate. In 2005, there were 2.4 million Hindus ALONE at least in West Pakistan according to the censuses. You can read about it here.

Religious minority groups believe that they are under represented in government census counts and claim that they represent 10 percent of the population, rather than the census figure of 4 to 5 percent.The most recent official census estimates place the number of Hindus at 2.44 million, Christians at 2.09 million, and the Ahmadi population at 286,000. The figure for the Ahmadis is inherently inaccurate because they have been boycotting census and registration for electoral rolls since 1974 when they were declared non-Muslims. The Hindu and Christian communities each claim membership of approximately 4 million. Estimates for the remaining communities are less contested and place the total number of Parsis (Zoroastrians), Buddhists, and Sikhs as 20,000 each; and Bahais at 30,000. [2a] (section I).

So the Hindu population alone in Pakistan is 2.44 million, not 1.3 million (Hindus + Sikhs) according to you!

Even if we consider you figures as correct we can conclude that If Hindus were 0.528 Million and then the Sikh population comes out to be 0.45 Million at the time of partition.
Lets assume that sikh population has not increased since then.
Even in that case the hindus are not more than 0.85 Million.

No links, no reasoning. Just a load of figures plucked out of your head. 

And I am surprised to see that you dont have the idea of Pak's actual current population:

My figure was rounded, now if you think about it, if I used 162 million, then there would actually have been a higher number of Hindus according to my calculation. So take the 2-3 million Hindus in Pakistan currently as a lower estimate.

Muslims 159 million that is 98.0%
Others 0.32 Million
Tell me if i am wrong.

Your figure for Hindus and Sikhs is still wrong. the link has been given above. There are currently 2.4 million Hindus in Pakistan. The figure of 1.3 million is a ridiculously low figure that you've obviously taken from some Hindutva site claiming victimhood.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 30-Oct-2006 at 16:49
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 01:32

Your figure for Hindus and Sikhs is still wrong. the link has been given above. There are currently 2.4 million Hindus in Pakistan. The figure of 1.3 million is a ridiculously low figure that you've obviously taken from some Hindutva site claiming victimhood.

Hello There,

First of all, i never provided any data taken from the hindutva sites.

The censuses show that total non Muslims in West Pakistan (including, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhist), was 965,000 in 1951. Not only is this less than the figure that you gave originally, but it is still less than your revised figure even when you add in all the Christians in Pakistan pre-partition!

Whats your source of Info which says that...
I just told you the hindu-sikh population and not about the non-muslim population that could be much higher.

Anyways, There is not a big difference between 9,65,000 and 1 million

Please Note: The population of christians in Pakistan was not more than 50,000 (mainly residing in karachi and rawalpindi). So the total population of hindu and sikhs was around 9,00,000 Is it right ?

One more proof:

All sources claim that pakistan's population (prior to 1947) had 25 % hindu-sikhs (60-40 ratio), Hindus were 60% of 25% that is 15% and sikhs were 40% of 25% that is 10%.
Is it Correct ?

ALL your figures are completely inaccurate. In 2005, there were 2.4 million Hindus ALONE at least in West Pakistan according to the censuses. You can read about it here.

Religious minority groups believe that they are under represented in government census counts and claim that they represent 10 percent of the population, rather than the census figure of 4 to 5 percent.The most recent official census estimates place the number of Hindus at 2.44 million, Christians at 2.09 million, and the Ahmadi population at 286,000. The figure for the Ahmadis is inherently inaccurate because they have been boycotting census and registration for electoral rolls since 1974 when they were declared non-Muslims. The Hindu and Christian communities each claim membership of approximately 4 million. Estimates for the remaining communities are less contested and place the total number of Parsis (Zoroastrians), Buddhists, and Sikhs as 20,000 each; and Bahais at 30,000. [2a] (section I).

If u dont believe my data then Why should I believe any unknown website ? 

No links, no reasoning. Just a load of figures plucked out of your head. 

Let me provide you a link which you can never deny....

Would you trust an United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees report ?

paa2004.princeton.edu/download.asp?submissionId=41274

Which say that there were 25% hindu-sikhs in Punjab and 30% hindu-sikhs in sindh province.

& for actual population of pakistan in 2005 see :

It says

Pakistan (2005 Est. 162 vs. 1951 Census 34 million)
  • 98.0% Muslims (159 million)
  • 1.0% Christians (1.62 million)
  • 1.0% Hindus, Sikhs and others (1.62 million)

The populatin of parsis, bahais and ahmedis is around 0.35 million (according to your data), That again proves that i was 100% right when i stated:

Others 0.32 Million

See more :

It says:
The percentage of Hindu population in Pakistan came down from 15% in 1947 to 1% in 2003. Likewise in Bangladesh the percentage of Hindu population came down from 30% in 1971 to 9% today

Other authenticate records claim that Hindus are not more than 0.6% in Pakistan: (0.6% or 9,00,000)

See:

Choose pakistan in second drop down menu...you will see the truth.

Ask me for more proofs..

Regards

Edited by ashokharsana - 31-Oct-2006 at 01:43
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 08:06

Originally posted by Ashokharsana

If u dont believe my data then Why should I believe any unknown website?

The data in that statement of mine is from a neutral official source (British Home Office) that is reputable.It quotes what I say (2.4 million Hindus in Pakistan). Your data is from wikipedia (see later) or some non neutral politically biased website without any international repute. My data is from official censuses, where people were counted, I have no idea where any of your data comes from, but it's not from the official censuses which are the only way to tell the demographics of a country.
Let me provide you a link which you can never deny....

Would you trust an United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees report ?

paa2004.princeton.edu/download.asp?submissionId=41274

Which say that there were 25% hindu-sikhs in Punjab and 30% hindu-sikhs in sindh province.

& for actual population of pakistan in 2005 see :

Wiki is a weak source. This is NOT proof. Where does your princeton source say the total number of Hindus/Sikhs in Pakistan (which is what we're discussing), currently or in 1947, and how does this back up any point which you are trying to make in terms of 0.8 million Pakistani HIndus now and 1 million in 1951?

It says

Pakistan (2005 Est. 162 vs. 1951 Census 34 million)
  • 98.0% Muslims (159 million)
  • 1.0% Christians (1.62 million)
  • 1.0% Hindus, Sikhs and others (1.62 million

This is what wikipedia states. This is NOT correct and you could easily have changed it yourself.

The populatin of parsis, bahais and ahmedis is around 0.35 million (according to your data), That again proves that i was 100% right when i stated:

The figures of Parsees, Buddists, isnt what we're discussing. It's the numbers of Hindus in Pakistan, and you're simply wrong that it was 0.8 million. In fact your figure is 4 times lower, and not just some small error, but a completely foolish estimate.

Others 0.32 Million

See more :

It says:
The percentage of Hindu population in Pakistan came down from 15% in 1947 to 1% in 2003. Likewise in Bangladesh the percentage of Hindu population came down from 30% in 1971 to 9% today

Right, now read your politically biased Indian source (Hindutva too do use Western sounding names too, as you know!). The 15% Hindu population in West Pakistan was PRE-partition (but of course they didnt mention that), the 1% is incorrect according to the Pakistani censuses and the Christians themselves. USE BETTER SOURCES WITH SOME NEUTRALITY.

Other authenticate records claim that Hindus are not more than 0.6% in Pakistan: (0.6% or 9,00,000)

See:

Choose pakistan in second drop down menu...you will see the truth.

Ask me for more proofs..

Regards

I havent checked if that site says what you say. I read this in the beginning and decided not to bother. From the website of the Joshua Project "The mission and passion of Joshua Project is to identify and highlight the people groups of the world that have the least exposure to the Gospel and the least Christian presence in their midst. Joshua Project shares this information to encourage pioneer church-planting movements among every ethnic people group."

How is this in anyway authentic or more correct than official censuses from Pakistan, that are quoted by the US State dept and the British government? (this is what I used in my references as I quoted above..which shows 2.4 million Hindus in Pakistan).

There is no point picking these obscure websites because they fit what YOU want to believe. There are always some conspiracy pages on the net for almost anything. What better record is there than the official censuses which were carried out by government institutions and are quoted by foreign governments for the demographics? (which I quoted from).

Edited by TeldeInduz - 31-Oct-2006 at 11:39
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 23:11
Considering how inaccuate population figures for Pakistan are, Are you certain that the different figures quoted aren't just variations within the margin of error?
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 23:55

Not sure I follow. Who else has done a survey of the Hindu population in Pakistan aside from the Pakistani government through censuses..Joshua Project? Anyhow I dont think census figures are quoted with an error figure, and inaccurate as some of them might be, they're the best estimate of the Pakistani population AFAIK.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 31-Oct-2006 at 23:57
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 03:11
Correct me if I'm completely mistaken, but wasn't the last census in 1980? Hence this 162 million figure being followed by (estimated)
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 04:08
last census was in 1998. The 162 million is the figure for 2006 I think. The 2.4 million Hindus was from the 1998 census though.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 01-Nov-2006 at 04:10
kush_boy2003 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kush_boy2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 06:50

originally posted by By TeldeInduz

India is not the entire subcontinent. Punjab is in the subcontinent, NWFP is not in the subcontinent. It's quite basic geography.

No it is not that basic. what is India. Is it British India? then NWFP is  part of India. Is it Mauryan India, then also it is a prat of India.

I dont know what you're trying to say here. How difficult is it to understand the subcointinent was never a unified country.

what is you issue?? Are you gloating over thae fact that subcontinent was never unified. In fact it was several times.

The people living in Pakistani Punjab were not ever Hindu majority in their history and the same perhaps applies to Sindh. They were culturally and religiously different from the people in modern India all the way through their history (exceptions being the British Empire & perhaps Mauryan when people were converting to Buddhism).

What historical records do you ahe to prove that they were not? Every muslim invado thought so?

culturally no european will see any difference between indian and a pakisthani, not even cultural.of course there are difference all over subcontonet. there is just a lot of diversity.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kush_boy2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 06:52

India is not the entire subcontinent. Punjab is in the subcontinent, NWFP is not in the subcontinent. It's quite basic geography.

No it is not that basic. what is India. Is it British India? then NWFP is  part of India. Is it Mauryan India, then also it is a prat of India.

I dont know what you're trying to say here. How difficult is it to understand the subcointinent was never a unified country.

what is you issue?? Are you gloating over thae fact that subcontinent was never unified. In fact it was several times.

The people living in Pakistani Punjab were not ever Hindu majority in their history and the same perhaps applies to Sindh. They were culturally and religiously different from the people in modern India all the way through their history (exceptions being the British Empire & perhaps Mauryan when people were converting to Buddhism).

What historical records do you ahe to prove that they were not? Every muslim invado thought so?

culturally no european will see any difference between indian and a pakisthani, not even cultural.of course there are difference all over subcontonet. there is just a lot of diversity.

It is a Muslim majority state right now if you combine the two halves. So if anything Punjab should be a Pakistani state, which is obvious from its name anyway. But Pakistanis didnt mind dividing it up like this.

That is not very generous. in fact beastern Punjab was 80% hindu at the time of partition. Anyways India was also not muslim majority but Indians let the country get partitioned. they could have stopped it. Remeber the defeats and partition of 1971

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kush_boy2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 06:53

It is a Muslim majority state right now if you combine the two halves. So if anything Punjab should be a Pakistani state, which is obvious from its name anyway. But Pakistanis didnt mind dividing it up like this.

That is not very generous. in fact  Eastern Punjab was 80% hindu/sikh at the time of partition. Anyways India was also not muslim majority but Indians let the country get partitioned.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 07:46
Telde is ignorant. He does'nt know that the united punjab was hindu majority & bigger than the western paki punjab.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>