Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pashtun tribes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
The pathan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The pathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pashtun tribes
    Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 04:00

Afridis

Afridi is a pashtun tribe. Their original limits probably included the safed koh  range, north of the kabul, and south of the kurram river. Now, they occupy the eastern Safed Koh region and northern pakistan. Some of afridis also live in panipat and malihabad districts of india.

The term Afridi is possibly derived from the Aparyatea or Aparutia, which is pronounced today in the local community as Aparidai.

Afridis are one of the most finest tribe of pashtuns.They are very light in complexation ,some with green eyes and brown hairs.On average they are 5.8 feet tall. they are unmatchable in their bravery.they are known to be tough and very knowledgeable

SHAHID AFRIDI
 ZEEK AFRIDI( PASHTO SINGER)

==Durranis==

Durrani  tribe is one of the two largest pashtun tribes of afghanistan and is also found in large numbers in western pakistan. They are estimated to be roughly 20% of the population of Afghanistan and number around 7 million there with another 1-2 million found in Pakistan and hundreds of thousands also live in northeast iran. The Durrani are the most "Persianized" of pashtun tribes, often bilingual in dari, as well as arguably being among the most urbanized and educated of the Pashtuns in Afghanistan.

The Durrani have been prominent leaders, as the royal family of Afghanistan is derived from the tribe, and a substantial number of Durrani are bureaucrats and public officials, as well as businessmen and merchants. durranis in pakistan are inhabitat in multan, attock districts of punjab and other parts of punjab. Most of Duranis outside NWFP have lost their ancsestral langauge.

akram durrani                                   mohammed ali durrani(left)
==marwats==

Marwat مروت, a well known branch of pashtun tribe, are the direct descendents of a Persian Prince Shah Hussain of the house of ghor afghanistan and Bibi Mato (Daughter of Sheikh Baittan). The clan is named after 'Marwat', who was the great grandson of Ibrahim Lodhi or Lodi (second son of Prince Shah Hussain/Bib Mato and younger brother of Ghiji or . Their primary abode is District lakki marwat in the southern NWFPof pakisytan .They also live in large number in tank and dera ismail khan districts.

Marwats are people with strong physique with average height of 6 feet .They are usually light or brown skinned.Marwats are famous for their nice  tradition and culture.

salim saifullah                                      irfanullah marwat
anwar kamal marwat
  a marwat elder
==Niazis==

Niazi is a famous pashtun tribe with a rich history and culture. Niazi people currently live mainly in the mianwali and bakkar districts of punjab as well as in parts of afghanistan and the NWFP of pakistan

Niazis speak the mianwali language which is mixup of pushto and local mianwali language totally different from other languages like saraikee and hindko rather than their ancestral pashto but nevertheless strictly observe pashtunwali, the Pashtun code of honor. The Niazi tribe is an influential player in the politics of Pakistan especially Punjab.  
sher afgan niazi( politician)         imran khan niazi               
        Samiullah Khan Niazi - Portrait 2003
          misbahulhaq                    samullah niazi

Lodhis

Lodhi or Lodi s a pashtun tribe, most likely a sub-group of the ghilazi of afghanistan and pakistan who were part of a wave of Pashtuns who pushed east into what is today Pakistan and india. Often accompanying the turkic who conquered south asia, the Lodhi established themselves during the Islamic period in South Asia as a muslim ruling class and were valued warriors.
Lodhis of nowadays almost all live in punjab and india.Due ot interrmarrages with locals they do not look like pashtuns, also do not speak pashto.Among colonies of lodhis , the lodhis of lodhiabad ( kashmir) have retained most of the features of pashtuns. Lodhis are generally very tall.
      Sahir lodhi( D.G_)                                                   saifullah lodhi
 maliha lodhi
Khattacks
    khattaks are numerous pashtun people located solely in pakistan. They are located in karak , nowshera,kohat,attock and kalabagh. Their khattak dance has been practiced through out Province.Khushal khan khattack is their famous poet and worrier.
afrasiab khattak                        ajmal khattack

Edited by The pathan - 01-Sep-2006 at 07:26
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 14:20
Hi, pathan, and welcome to AE. I couldn't see any of your pictures, but thank you for the information. Did you have a source on these? Remember to put sources if you copy-paste!

I will add to your Pashtun tribes with these:

WUR - also known as Wara along with the kakazai and Salarzai are a division of of the tarkani pashtun tribe. There are about 3,000 of them living principally in the Watelai valley in Bajaur. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wur

KAKAZAI - there is alot of information on the Pashtun tribe of Kakazai. Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakazai
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
ashokharsana View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 00:14
Very informative post Pathan saab.
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote The pathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 04:53
I will add more tribes to the list in the cousre of time , there are about 60 tribes of pashtun.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 06:14
There are also the rohillas & bangash pathans of India.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 18:35
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Most of the Indian "Pathans" arent Pathans. They're mostly Indian with the odd Pathan in their ancestry.

Are you a Rajput btw? LOL

Edited by TeldeInduz - 23-Aug-2006 at 19:08
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 22:49
^Anyone can say the same thing about Pakistani PATTTTTTHHHAAANS   (yeah, you Pakis say it with a thick Poonjabi accent).       LOL

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 01:15
Not really, Pukhtunistan is in Pakistan after all.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 01:40

Like hell they are. Do they speak Pashto?

Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 04:31
Hey Pathan you said lodhi is a pathan tribe............

But The mayor of Jhelum, who is a very close friend of mine told me that lodhi or lodhe is a Gujjar sub caste........true ???????

And in Swat Gujjars and pathanas are mixed........

isnt it right ?

Edited by ashokharsana - 24-Aug-2006 at 04:31
The Real Ranas, The Real Emperors of India. http://ashokharsana.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=gurjars
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 03:29
Lodhi's are a pathan tribe. I don't know for certain but I wouldn't think that there would be many/any hindus with the surname lodhi, so I don't see how there could be a Gujar sub-caste.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote The pathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:36

Yes, rohillas of Bareilly/Rampur and bangashes of farrukhabdad are pathans and have produced many pathan notables. They have unique place in pashtun world because
1-their features are not of pashtun due intermarraiges with local muslims.
2-they have lost their ancestral langauge due to long peroid of separation
   from mainland.
 i do  not know that indian pathans follow pashtunwali or not. If they have retain pashtun traditions and characteristics than they are  ofcourse  pathans.
Mohammed ali jauhar, a rohilla pathan
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:41
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Lodhi's are a pathan tribe. I don't know for certain but I wouldn't think that there would be many/any hindus with the surname lodhi, so I don't see how there could be a Gujar sub-caste.

Yess Omar BhaiJaan

There are numerous Lodhe Gurjars is India.

PLs tell me how lodhis are connected to Famous Indian King "Lodhi"
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote The pathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:42
Originally posted by ashokharsana

But The mayor of Jhelum, who is a very close friend of mine told me that lodhi or lodhe is a Gujjar sub caste........true ???????

isnt it right ?
Lodhis is one of the most famous pathan tribe , also a hindu caste( not 100% sure)        niazis, marwats, dotanis,prangis,daulatkhels, lohanis are infact branches of lodhi tribe.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote The pathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:44
Originally posted by ashokharsana

isnt it right ?
Lodhis is one of the most famous pathan tribe , also a hindu caste( not 100% sure)        niazis, marwats, dotanis,prangis,daulatkhels, lohanis are infact branches of lodhi tribe.
In swat gujjars are not so mixed with yousafzais.
Consul
Consul

Quote ashokharsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 08:50
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Yess Omar bhai,

Lodhe Gujjars are numerous in India

Edited by ashokharsana - 25-Aug-2006 at 08:50
DocStaph View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DocStaph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 18:15
In reality pakistan does not exists for the Afghans!Smile
Pregnancy is a Death Sentence to an Afghan Woman!
DocStaph View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DocStaph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 18:16
Utter nonsense thou cast! Please provide sources to your remarks!
Pregnancy is a Death Sentence to an Afghan Woman!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 11:09
Originally posted by DocStaph

In reality pakistan does not exists for the Afghans!Smile
Yes I know which is why millions live here.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 06:14
Which is the proper homeland of the pathans. Afghanistan or pak ?
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>