Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women and Birth Control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women and Birth Control
    Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 23:23
Originally posted by Northman

Thats all it takes - why all this fuzz? - its no hazzle at all

Well, that's not entirely true of all women, Northman. Some women have a very difficult time delivering children and need C-sections, or, worse, have a breech birth or multiple births. Some women have natural births while others need an episiotomy and that can really make the postpartum recovery longer and more uncomfortable. Some women are in labor for many hours while others can "spit" them out.   
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 23:32
Originally posted by Dawn

Ahh stories of easy births. When my youngest daughter was born. The day in question I worked an 8 hr shift preparing for a large Christmas party(350 people) and went home and had guests for dinner. After the guests had left the first signs of labour showed up. My thoughts at the time where ahh it's going to be a long night,. You see labor with my othergirls lasted 24-36 hours. After about an hour or so I told my husband that perhaps we should consider getting the childern ready to go to his mothers house and think about going. Well while puttering around getting ready my water broke and then things moved very quickly and I told Mark that I thought that wewere going to have a change in plans and he had better call the parametics cause this one had no intention of waiting. Well it took 3.5 min for then to arrive and they missed it. Our youngest daughter Nichole was born in her parents bedroom delivered by her father eighteen years ago in November. [IMG]height=17 alt=Smile src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle> Well theparamedics insisted that we go to the hospital since they where there to take usand because the stairs in our house had 2 turns in them they could not bring the gurnny up them I walked down and then was put on it and taken by ambulence (no flashing lights) to the hispital where they mademe stay for 24 hrs just to make sure things whereok. (i think it was justso they could charge forsomething cause they couldn't charge for delivering the baby) about 2 weeks later I was back going to work a couple of days a week whileMark stayed home with the children.. We worked at the same place an the boss didn't care which one of us came to work sointechnicialyI was on maternity leave but in realitywe shared the duties of his job.    

Dawn, that is a fascinating story! I must say that you are one brave woman and you are certainly one to spit them out! .
"Morty

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 15:13
The most modern and effective way of birth control in the US is the "patch". It's so simple to use, no mess, no fuss. Just peel off the patch and stick to your body (preferably the buttocks area). Voila!

What's the latest in your country?    
"Morty

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 15:33
Apples...

The girl holding an apple between the knees proves effective for most couples. Wink

Eating an apple is also effective.

Less inventive people stick to the pill and the traditional 3 other ways.

Edited by Northman - 21-Aug-2006 at 15:36
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 16:17
Apples? why and how? please elaborate...
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 11:18
[QUOTE=Northman] Apples...
The girl holding an apple between the knees proves effective for mostcouples. Eating an apple is also effective.

Less inventive people stick to the pill and the traditional 3 other ways
[QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know about that one, Northman! Things didn't go very well for Eve after she took a bite of that apple!

btw - ever read the side effects of "the pill"? Not that the patch is any safer, but, again, WOMEN are the ones who always have to take the "risk". Why doesn't anyone invent a "pill" for MEN? Why doesn't anyone invent a "patch" for men? Why is it always the women who has to risk the side effects of birth control?
"Morty

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 11:21
Originally posted by cahaya

Cahaya, don't go out and buy dozens of apples! It's not a birth control method! The only thing an apple is good for is to put it under your chin while doing crunches and curls! Now, go figure that one out!

Edited by morticia - 22-Aug-2006 at 11:22
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 11:35
Originally posted by morticia

[QUOTE=Northman] Apples...
The girl holding an apple between the knees proves effective for most couples. Eating an apple is also effective.

Less inventive people stick to the pill and the traditional 3 other ways
[QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know about that one, Northman! Things didn't go very well for Eve after she took a bite of that apple!

btw - ever read the side effects of "the pill"? Not that the patch is any safer, but, again, WOMEN are the ones who always have to take the "risk". Why doesn't anyone invent a "pill" for MEN? Why doesn't anyone invent a "patch" for men? Why is it always the women who has to risk the side effects of birth control?
becuase most men spend an inordinate amout of time and effort attempting to prevent pregancies anyhow.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 11:39
Originally posted by Sparten

...becuase most men spend an inordinate amout of time and effort attempting to prevent pregancies anyhow

Oh yeah? Can you please tell me how so? Can you please elaborate on how men "risk" their life in trying to prevent pregnancies? I can't wait to hear the response!

Edited by morticia - 22-Aug-2006 at 11:39
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 12:01

Typically it involves those pineapples we have heard so much about. Or something equally ridiculous.

Sad, but them well its a mans world.

Me personally, I try to imagine what the kids will be like. Always works.Wink 
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 12:27

Cahaya, don't go out and buy dozens of apples! It's not a birth control method! The only thing an apple is good for is to put it under your chin while doing crunches and curls! Now, go figure that one out!

Now now, dont complicate things dear Morthy - apples are safer than anything.

Your conclusion that they dont work, may be founded in your faulty assumption, that they should be eaten before sex - or even after sex.

The correct, never failing method, is to eat an apple instead of sex. Thumbs Up

That works !

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 12:42
Oh, I'm sorry - I just realised this isnt the Tavern - my apologies for the silly jokes. Confused
Why didnt someone stop me?

I had a few more (silly jokes), but that will be for another time and another thread LOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 13:07
lol ..
Embarrassed
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by Northman

[IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align=middle> [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align=middle> Cahaya, don't go out and buy dozens of apples! It's not a birth control method! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align=middle> [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align=middle> The only thing an apple is good for is to put it under your chin while doing crunches and curls! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align=middle> [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align=middle> Now, go figure that one out! [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align=middle> [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align=middle> [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align=middle>     

Now now, dont complicate things dear Morthy- apples are safer than anything.

Your conclusionthat they dont work, may be founded inyour faultyassumption, thatthey should beeaten before sex - or even after sex.

The correct, never failing method, is toeat an apple instead of sex. That works

I think I'll stay away from APPLES and SERPENTS...just in case!

Edited by morticia - 25-Aug-2006 at 13:58
"Morty

annechka View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote annechka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 10:48

Birth control is one those interesting topics.

There has been a pill for men for some time.  It would be interesting to see why men arent willing to take them.  I decided to get some links on the net for this.  I guess an existing pill for men is just an old husbands tale. But there is research and development in this area..  Curious it hasnt happened before.

here are the links:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

http://health.howstuffworks.com/male-bc-pill.htm

Getting tubes tied is invasive surgery, where as a vasectomy is not but the it is a much more common surgery than a vasectomy.

But is it possible that men have more of their identity tied up with their reproductive organs than women do?

Edited by annechka - 26-Aug-2006 at 11:00
Master_Blaster View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Master_Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 16:13
Originally posted by annechka

Getting tubes tied is invasive surgery, where as a vasectomy is not but the it is a much more common surgery than a vasectomy.  But is it possible that men have more of their identity tied up with their reproductive organs than women do?

Well, of course we are annechka jaan!Tongue

The best birth control is strapping on a condom. You're less likely to get an STD, and it saves one's girlfriend/fiance/wife from being subjected to some of the side effects of the dreaded "pill".

Edited by Master_Blaster - 26-Aug-2006 at 16:14
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 16:48
Originally posted by Master_Blaster

Originally posted by annechka

Getting tubes tiedis invasive surgery, where as a vasectomy is not but the it is a much more common surgery than a vasectomy.But is it possible that men have more of their identity tied up with their reproductive organs than women do?

Well, of course we are annechka jaan![IMG]height=17 alt=Tongue src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

The best birth control is strapping on a condom. You're less likely to get an STD, and it saves one's girlfriend/fiance/wife from being subjected to some of the side effects of the dreaded "pill".

I agree that condoms is the best choice. Other measures are very invasive, and the pill (as well as the patch) have some serious side effects. Abstinence is the only 100% safest method, but, who wants to do that?
"Morty

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 19:01
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2006 at 01:04
Some of this methods contradict some of the religions I belive. Have not been able to understand why some cultures area against birth control
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 15:49
I wonder how many people in AE who claim to be female are actually girls or women........

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 10-Sep-2006 at 15:49
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>