Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What type of warrior would you like to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What type of warrior would you like to be?
    Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 18:09
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I'm just wondering how many people voted for what their ancestors would've been doing?

Because I just realised thats exactly what I did - Arab, Paki and Scotts, with some English on the side. LOL

I would not have liked to fight as an Italian(not a united country), but if this was in general history, I would have liked to be a Highlander in the Black Watch, a Royal Scots Grey, or, as a German, be a Landsknecht. Also, for this thread, I would like to be a Scot under the Scottish expedition in Spain during the Crusades during Robert I's reign. I also would have liked to fight as an Englishman with Richard I.

Auriflambe View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Auriflambe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 02:20
I would like to be a BHAYANGKARA; an elite guard of the King of Majapahit, with the keris and everything. Note that the great Mahapatih(Prime Minister) of Majapahit Gajahmada was a Bhayangkara member himself.

But if I was born in a different place, Europe for example, I would like to be a Hospitaller Knight.
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 12:55
A bulgar steppe cavalry warrior.I'd have both a mighty bow made from animal tendon to attack from afar and a sword and spear.Nothing can get me unprepared.Except another steppe cavalryman Big smile

I can kill any light/heavy infantry and any type of heavy cavalry.The armored knights from the crusader orders will be easy prey for example.

Edited by Liudovik_Nemski - 28-Oct-2006 at 12:58
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 13:09
Just say with two words - Bagatur Bagain
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
HistoryGuy View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote HistoryGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 14:46
I would be an Gktrk horse archer, or in general a Trk horse archer. Maybe I would consider a Kievan Rus' ratnik, or a Polish bohater...Wink

Edited by HistoryGuy - 28-Oct-2006 at 14:46
هیچ مردی تا به حال به شما درباره خدا گفته.
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 10:42
Steppe Nomad Tatar Turk Tribe Cavalry.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 06:15
Well, If I could be a medival warrior, I think I'd probably have wanted to be either:

- Mangudai (Mongol) Cavalry because they are fast, have great endurance, can hassle an enemy at a safe distance with arrows, as well as being fast enough to outrun just about anything (human and horse). Another advantage of these Light Missile cavalry and the Mongol riders was the tactics which they employed to make full use of their speed and stamina such as 'retreat' and backfire.

or

- Byzantine Scholae Tagmata, mainly due to the fact that they were the elite of the elite within the mighty Byzantine cavalry, had a heck of a lot of armour (both horse and rider), a large range of weaponary (eg.sword, dagger, mace, bow/arrows, lance.etc.) and their ability to pack an almighty punch on impact (being heavy cavalry). Being heavily armoured and equipped with good bows they could exchange fire with lighter missile cavalry and suffer far less casualties than their opposition (usually), however their manouverability/stamina might be a problem.

Approve
John the Kern View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote John the Kern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 12:54
Either Roman Republican Infantry, early to middle, pre marius. or my cultural roots Irish warrior, maybe in the dark ages, raid the welsh and saxons like my ancestors of old,but staying out of shield walls, i dont want to have some bugger slowly working a knife into my side thanks
My peoples tale is written in blood
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 10:22
Winged Husar
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 13:25
Light cavalry under the byzantine emperors or skirmishers troops, from peltastois of ancient Greece to almughavars or anyother troop like foot archers. I don't want to be in the middle of the combat, but if i must fight in mele, dismounted men at arms of the middle medieval age, later can be good too. Specifiying the heavy type, an Hospitaller Knight of around 1200 like this guy

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8029/hospitalario1zv8.jpg

Or an halberdier like the swiss on the left

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/628/suizosvv3.gif

Edited by Ikki - 31-Oct-2006 at 20:13
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 12:08
I dont care what I am provided I'm with either Ghurka or Indian infantry. Best lads in the world.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 05:22
Originally posted by Dampier

I dont care what I am provided I'm with either Ghurka or Indian infantry. Best lads in the world.

Sure thing...Ghurkas have mad skills....my Grandad commanded a unit of Ghurkas throughout World War Two and they are really amazing warriors. Wink
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 11:12
Originally posted by Knights

Sure thing...Ghurkas have mad skills....my Grandad commanded a unit of Ghurkas throughout World War Two and they are really amazing warriors.

Good on him! My grandfather was with the Indians (and for a brief, bizarre period with the Dutch...) during WW2 down in Burma (and Malaya, and India, and the Dutch East Indies...)
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 19:58
Another type of warrior i would be is one with a knife. Not too big, not too small. A regular knife would do me just fine

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 05-Nov-2006 at 19:59
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 11:24
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Another type of warrior i would be is one with a knife. Not too big, not too small. A regular knife would do me just fine

Like a bowie knife? A dagger? A butter knife?! I don't think you'd last long on a medieval battlefield with just a knife.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 20:57
if you got the will and power, yes, yes most certainly you can live long with just a knife
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 02:26
I'm sure you'd last long...as long as you kept to the backWink
LilLou View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote LilLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 10:01
I would be an elite spartan hoplite or either a roman praetorianThumbs Up
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 02:29
I think I would be a knight very similar to Don-Quixote. I would ride on my beloved horse Rosinante followed by my lovely squire Sancho-panza and his donkey. I would preach laws of chivalry where ever I go and will attack windmills and sheep imagining they are the enchanted enemy. I will fight  the enemy in honour of my  princess Dulcinea of Toboso and will always be there for the weak and Sancho-panza will help me too.
The_Jackal_God View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote The_Jackal_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2006 at 19:57
it's hard to choose after reading so many good ideas,
but I think Templars have cool mystique and equipment, tho the chastity thing sucks. but everything else sounds good too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>