Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What type of warrior would you like to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What type of warrior would you like to be?
    Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 07:27
Although an Indian, I would never want to be like a typical Indian warrior. Although very fierce, they all were too religious & followed the pious rules of war too much. So much that they always got defeated due to this limitation.
I would like to be an Indian Rajput warrior with the mentality of a Muslim Turk. As fierce as a rajput, as crafty / cunning as a Muslim Turk
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2006 at 07:41
Originally posted by Timotheus

Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Originally posted by Timotheus

No, I don't work with the perverters of the True Faith Tongue

You know that in a letter, Joan of Arc said that she would march into Bohemia and take out the Hussites after the English War.

Yes, I do know that...though the authenticity of the letter is disputed. It might have been a fake cooked up by Sigismund to scare the Hussites.LOL

Yes, that is a possibility, but I doubt the Hussites would have been scared of the French after they had beaten the Crusader armies so many other times.

XueKaiYuan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote XueKaiYuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 22:31
teutonic knight with a square head!!!!WOOT
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLLLLLOOOLLL!!!
Great Khan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Great Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 13:56
a wild and free step warrior with nothing more than a sword,bow and horse in possesion
mcnish View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mcnish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 14:47
Teutonic Knight is my favourite, armor matters !!!
The power you need is current in your veins.
gerik View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote gerik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 14:39
Try out  http://queosia.com  and you will see. Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 13:25
Originally posted by xristar

A german landsknecht, or whatever they were called these german foot mercenary warriors, that carried the 1,80 m long swords.
Burning villages, looting fortunes, raping young blond european girls.
Ah, I would prefer to die in battle at my '30s.
Seriously, for a year or so, I would like to be able to go back to the 15th -16th century and become ruthless mercenary. Then I would like to come back to today, and live my life as a boring person.
Zweihander Doppelsoldner, is probably what you want to be :). But i must agree, life of a Landsknecht is sort of appealing. Their flamboyant clothing, and foul mouths enforced by the recklessness and blind bravery of the Forlorn Hope.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 16:25
What type of warrior would you like to be?

he-he, well, i prefer to be a warrior like that one on my avatar! Heart
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 11:12
a berserker - so i can go to Valhalla :)

+ no fear(due to fine mead)
+ no soldier-like crap like haircuts and ranks
+ lots of mead..
+ license to kill..
+ did i mention mead?
- quick and violent(although honourable) death
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2006 at 19:07
I would also like to be a warrior that throws fans like ninja stars.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2006 at 12:44
Originally posted by Einherjarrr

+ lots of mead..
+ license to kill..
+ did i mention mead?

You know the problem with mead? It is a highway to hangover. Trust me, I know.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 04:33
While I have to agree with Aelfgifu and say that a longbowmen certainly would be cool. I think my all time favourite is a commander of light turkic or beudoin cavalry. I love the idea of harrassing your enemy and disappearing into the desert or steppe.

If I'm stuck in Europe, I'm going to the scottish highlands and fighting from the heather and the hillls.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 12:23
Originally posted by Einherjarrr

+ lots of mead..
+ license to kill..
+ did i mention mead?

Same here man! Let us take down many a foe and go out in a blaze of glory!

nikodemos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote nikodemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 13:39
a cataphract of Basil II

Edited by nikodemos - 11-Sep-2006 at 13:40
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 14:03
A Jedi, so calm under pressure.
Of the real warriors I would either stick true to my ancestry and be a viking beserker (completely losing control or going beserk is something I am not unfamiliar with) or fight for Alexander the Great as one of his companions (no explanation needed).
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 14:49

a jester, which everyone can see at my front side; just a turn and i'm the archer, who sends soundless arrows into the heart of my enemies.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 21:48
A pagan chief in medieval Baltic.
I would learn natives how to fight in pikemen formation and to use some advanced tactics. Order and discipline.
Defending paganism against filthy Christians. Wink

And I would be a german knight in the baltic, nice cool weather, sweet looking chain shirts, and a huge axe to cleave my enemies in twain.
But mostly I would be bringing God's infinite mercy and love to primitive savages at the end of said axe. Wink

Also no horses, I hate horses......
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 04:12
I'm just wondering how many people voted for what their ancestors would've been doing?

Because I just realised thats exactly what I did - Arab, Paki and Scotts, with some English on the side. LOL
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 04:15
My ancestors were probably peasants, so I naturally voted to be a freebooting minor aristocrat.
Vikingrage View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Vikingrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 22:00
Originally posted by Heraclius

Give me an axe and throw me in with the Varangians, they were fearless and loyal to the death, which appeals to me greatly, they were also probably one of the most feared units in the medieval world.

I've always liked the thought of them holding back whilst the battle rages on before them, until the last moment when they are ordered forward and in a furious charge smash through the enemy ranks.

Harald Hardrade is my Hero and yes I would love to be a Viking Mercenary as well. Being one of then Ten men for that really dangerous mission, I would like to do that too.

There were Warrior poets, knowing who I am I fall into that category like the right puzzle peice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>