Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nuclear Bombs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sedat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sedat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuclear Bombs
    Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 04:13
Is it the most evil creation made by man to this date? post your opinions
Karadeniz Firtinasi
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 08:27

Hmmm...tricky one because the Japanese would not have surrendered easilly, and the principle of MAD has given the world peace

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 12:38
Why not gunpowder/guns as a candidate? They have done more killing than bombs of anykind altogether have.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 13:00
or a simple pointy thingy like azword it has no other use only for killing people. the spear and the bow and arrow can be used as hunting "tools" but the sword iq just for killing. an axe can be used for chopping wood but a sword just for killing. there are also alot of other weapons but these are the most common I think

sword
Bow and arrow
Spear
Axe
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 13:20
God is man's most evil creation.
Sedat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sedat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 21:26
You mean Man is god's most evil creation??
Karadeniz Firtinasi
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 21:31
No, I don't think that's what Frederick means. And I agree with him.
Red Russian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Red Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2006 at 21:49
The Atomic bomb is just something to powerful for its own good. Its so powerful no one but a complete IDIOT! Would ever use one, unless in DIRE need.
Pascali View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pascali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2006 at 05:38
In my opinion, biological weapons are the most dangerous ones. Their effect spreads really fast and there is always a chance to get out of control.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 01:02
I dont understand the rankings of weapons in some kind of imaginary ethical system.

A nuke kills, so does a fist.

A civilian and a soldier and both people, their deaths are equally bad or good (depending what side your on).

I myself have no ethical issue with using nukes, chemical weapons, biological agents, pointed sticks, plungers, bolas, or the fuzzy criters of redwall to kill people.  If you dont like war dont have it in the first place.

You should try to avoid it, but if necessary to it right, go all out and make sure theres no enemy for a next time.  It solves more problems thatn dragging things out like they do now with useless peackeepers that just keep vendettas going.

"It is well war is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it"-Robert E Lee.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 02:53
I would agree with you there, but if you acutally look at it, powerful weapons actually produce the opposite effect- MAD
They are so powerful, that nobody will ever want to use them
They are so leathal that nobody will ever invade another country because they are afraid of their effects.

In a way, over the past 50 years, Nukes have saved lives as they have rendered large scale war unthinkable
jher View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote jher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2006 at 09:49
With nuke around, we are like sitting on a time bomb. If the bomb exploded by accident, just too bad. If terrorists got hold of one and drop it on your town ,just too bad.
Whether you like it or not, we just hv to face up to our creation and pray. Good luck to everyone.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 03:24
Even if nukes were used it might cause the collapse of built up establishments and all the corruption that comes with them.  A chance to start anew.  Anyway there are so many people, their lives are worth so much less.  People, like currency are devalued by greater populations.  If you want to make human life worth something again youll have to get rid of a whole lot of people!Wink

Am I joking?
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Red Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 10:20
Actually as bad as it sounds, Tobodai does have a point...
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 11:08
Originally posted by flyingzone

No, I don't think that's what Frederick means. And I agree with him.

I agree as well!
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 12:25
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

God is man's most evil creation.

And man made god in his image, so it doesn't say much for man either.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 12:47
Nukes are really bad, if you're a fan of world wars.

Otherwise ... those who have them are guaranteed sovereignty (and often, peace in their own land) against all aggressors. Not so bad.

The other nice thing about nukes is that they are the only major tool of national defence that cannot really be used either for oppression of domestic dissidence or aggression (unless you want to be on the receiving end as well)

Edited by edgewaters - 30-Jul-2006 at 12:49
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Red Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 14:41
Originally posted by edgewaters

Nukes are really bad, if you're a fan of world wars.

Otherwise ... those who have them are guaranteed sovereignty (and often, peace in their own land) against all aggressors. Not so bad.

The other nice thing about nukes is that they are the only major tool of national defence that cannot really be used either for oppression of domestic dissidence or aggression (unless you want to be on the receiving end as well)

Never really veiwed it like that, but it is most certianly a different way of veiwing nukes, not so much as a Killing Device, but as a peace keeping device!

Straha View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Straha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 23:10
No. Weapons have no intrinstic "morality" its the users of them who do.
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 12:57
Nuclear energy, just as all other technologies, can be used to bring evil upon man. The real evil is not the device, but those which control them. Nuclear energy can serve as a useful power source or it can be used to bring unimaginable death and destruction upon man. Of course, there is a wide range of "evil" inventions, though it is those who choose to use them for ill-intentions who hold the real evil. Remember Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein." It was not the monster which was inherently evil, but rather Dr. Frankenstein's decisions to "play God" and the townspeople's refusal to accept that which was different ultimately turned the monster evil.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>