Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim women
    Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 16:40
I feel that a woman should wear a hijab if she wants to and not wear one if she does not want to. If she wants to wear a burka, that is her choice as well. As long as it's her decision to wear it or not (whether it's a personal or religious choice). I just think the decision should be made by each individual.

Edited by morticia - 31-Aug-2006 at 16:43
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 07:37
in Turkey you can wear anything you want in anywhere you want like in Europe.i have never seen a woman wearing burkha but there are a few women who wear black sheets.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 06:22
Originally posted by morticia

Yes! and, lucky for you, they're probably easier to CONTROL than a western woman!

Believe me Morty, they are ABSOLUTELY NOT!LOL

Edited by Kapikulu - 18-Sep-2006 at 06:22
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 12:15
Originally posted by Batu

in Turkey you can wear anything you want in anywhere you want like in Europe.i have never seen a woman wearing burkha but there are a few women who wear black sheets.

I thought that head scarves were banned in both public universities and the Turkish Parliament.   If head scarves are still banned in these places, I bet that any Turkish woman wearinf a full Saudi Style Veil or Burka would be constantly stopped and questioned by the police using any number of pretenses.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:05
Originally posted by Cryptic

Originally posted by Batu

I thought that head scarves were banned in both public universities and the Turkish Parliament.   If head scarves are still banned in these places, I bet that any Turkish woman wearinf a full Saudi Style Veil or Burka would be constantly stopped and questioned by the police using any number of pretenses.

It is only an arrangement for state's buildings...Nowhere else.Unfortunately as a result of using religion as a tool
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 00:36

Sure there should be a choice. But in Pakistan in most offices if you wear a Burka you are automatically released from employment. Headscrafs are fine. It is a bit disconcerting to talk to a letter box.

Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 00:47
Originally posted by Sparten

Sure there should be a choice. But in Pakistan in most offices if you wear a Burka you are automatically released from employment. Headscrafs are fine. It is a bit disconcerting to talk to a letter box.

Why ? Does,nt Islam propogate that ? is,nt it unislamic to release somebody for wearing a burkha ?
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 03:06

I support Lezbollah!

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 03:54
I support both Hisbolla & HerBolla  
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 05:55
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Why ? Does,nt Islam propogate that ? is,nt it unislamic to release somebody for wearing a burkha ?
No nothing about Islam, simply a rule that most offices have (and it is put into contracts BTW). As do many resturants. Very diconcerting working with someone like that.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:29
I think that the decree is to cover all for modesty, except hands and face.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 08:40

The segragation rule is a must in the Mosque. This is so that full concentration is on the prayer. Morticia iam sorry to say that your comments about having little control and how men should control themselves is theoretically correct, however in prcatice it is not. Its a biological fact that ones (esp. a mans) concentration will be disrupted. If one has witnessed the congretional prayer then one will understand the close proximity between those that are praying.

If you could please look at the following:

The above depicts how the Muslim prayer; Salah (aka; Namaz) is perfermed. Now imagine people are doing this to your right, left and right infront of you, Now imagine you find the person near you sexually attractive. Are you telling me that your mind will be soley on the prayer? If so then one must go seek a doctor.

Women are not coinfined to a "box" either, there is a seperate space for women just as their is a seperate space for men. The reason that the ladies section is often more smaller is due to the fact that men must go to the mosque esp. on friday afternoon prayer. Women dont have to, but can if they want to,thus fewer women go on a reguler basis by their own free will. Under the logic of many members perhaps this would indicate the oppresion of men in Islam Confused
Final point about the picture of the mixer prayer in Turkey, that is more likely a publicity stunt. No one in Turkey or any were else does this, nor do they take this PR stunt as anything othern than a PR stunt

Edited by OSMANLI - 19-Sep-2006 at 09:07
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 09:50

No,Islam doesn't propogate wearing a burkha.
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 13:39

I support both Hisbolla & HerBolla

I support HerBolla first!
"Morty

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 13:47
Feh, if a man would rather focus on bending over on a carpet instead of a beautiful woman... Wacko
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 15:08
Originally posted by OSMANLI

The segragation rule is a must in the Mosque. This is so that full concentration is on the prayer. Morticia iam sorry to say that your comments about having little control and how men should control themselves is theoretically correct, however in prcatice it is not. Its a biological fact that ones (esp. a mans) concentration will be disrupted. If one has witnessed the congretional prayer then one will understand the close proximity between those that are praying.

The above depicts how the Muslim prayer; Salah (aka; Namaz) is perfermed. Now imagine people are doing this to your right, left and right infront of you, Now imagine you find the person near you sexually attractive. Are you telling me that your mind will be soley on the prayer? If so then one must go seek a doctor.

So, are you telling me that women are excluded because some men find them sexually attractive and will, therefore, deviate them from their holy ways? Is that a real, meaningful reason or are you just being facetious? Have these men not yet discovered how to control such sexual tendencies? Do they even try? Or is it just easier for them to remove the obstacles (women) that cause them such loss of concentration? That's amazing!     
"Morty

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 15:41
No Morty, Muslim man don't have to control theirselves, it is women's "duty" to hide theirselves from men. It remembers me as i was too school many years ago. In biology class the teacher has learned us that contraception is the duty of both man and woman. A muslim pupile didn't want to accept this fact and claimed this is only the women's duty and a muslim man has not to care about. You see Morty, this is the way how these people think...
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 16:24
Originally posted by Maziar

this is the way how these people think...

Generalization is rather too easy for everyone.
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 18:00
Nonetheless, it isn't entirely wrong, which is bad enough in my book.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 19:22
Originally posted by Reginmund

Nonetheless, it isn't entirely wrong, which is bad enough in my book.

Everybody has more or less a different idea about every other issue...Therefore, talking from several examples, one can't generalize...

It is total non-sense..

When I met a Serbian girl living in Switzerland, when she met me and asked where I was from,I said Turkey and first sentence was that: "You had cut my ancestors' heads"...Now what a prejudice that girl has...But does every Serb have to be like that? Definitely not...
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>