Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anatolians before Turks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anatolians before Turks
    Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 18:49
Originally posted by Digenis

I didnt say "ugly"
I ve said more elegant.
If u prefer not so naive-or products of a more "intellectual" art.
Or more stylized-or closer to clasical pwtterns-or performed by classical educated painters...
Is it ok ?Smile

Yeah, the last one is perfect Wink  So, now tell me who produced these paintings? hellenophonic greeks? If yes, why they are different from classical byzantic, pardon hellenistic paintings? Isnt it logical to propose that they have influence from other nations still remembering their own culture, at least partially?

To be honest I didnt see them so I cannot  discuss it in more details. But if you say that they are different from classical greek orthodox paintings than this might be true Wink
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 03:03
They are differend than the art of the Capital nd big cities.
But its the same all over other regions.

For example some frescos in Kastoria-(West.Macedonia -Greece),or in Mani,or small churches in Crete ,etc,are different-more primitive -too.
This hasnt to do anything with greek speaking or not(!)

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 03:37
Originally posted by Anton

Originally posted by Flipper

Originally posted by xi_tujue

How so If greeks already was the dominant language the turks just replaced that with turkish. So other languages were lost before the turks at the arrival of greeks.

For the same reason as people in USA speak English nowadays and not the native languages. They were forced away from the region so there were not so many left to keep the language dominant.

Flipper, in US people still speak native languages despite the domination of English. And like in Byzantium there are many communities that speak their native languages mainly. They are somewhat analogs of foederati apart from the fact that foederati beared protective function in Byzantium. You may find Irish, Jewish, Chineese, Indian and other cultural and lingual communities in the US. Am I right?

Yes you are right Anton. But my point was that they are not dominant languages. There are still Ponts in Turkey but there are few. They speak their Pontian language but that doesn't mean it is a dominant language.

My sentence " people in USA speak English nowadays and not the native languages" goes for the majority not for groups of Natives that still speak their language ofcourse.

On the other hand, in countries like Bolivia where the natives were not forced in the same way, the Ketsua language is spoken at a very high rate.

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234