Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

500 GHz MicroChip! Would you believe???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500 GHz MicroChip! Would you believe???
    Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 16:08
Well well well, what do we have in the latest tech news? A 500 GHz MicroChip has been introduced by IBM and Georgia Tech, which is a really great achievement in field of technology, I mean you think it yourself, right now while using a 3 GHz microchip we fell so comfortable and say that it's a very fast computer, what will one say once he/she experiences a 500 GHz Microchip (165 times greater than the ordinary 3 Ghz)?

Anyway, this feat is accomplished because researchers essentially froze the microchip to 451 degrees (F) below zeroonly nine degrees hotter than the theoretically lowest possible temperature, absolute zero. At room temperature, the microchip still runs at a respectable 350GHz.

What media has to say:
Link: CNN
Link: IBM

Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 16:14
OMG...my spreadsheet will totally run at warp speed

But yeah, this is an awesome improvement. Only question is how long until they are made affordable for the average user to be able to get one? Awesome article, I had no idea tehy had achieved this kind of feat. Imagine how amazing computer games can be when they start utilizing thise technology.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 16:46

Originally posted by Illuminati

OMG...my spreadsheet will totally run at warp speed

But yeah, this is an awesome improvement. Only question is how long until they are made affordable for the average user to be able to get one? Awesome article, I had no idea tehy had achieved this kind of feat. Imagine how amazing computer games can be when they start utilizing thise technology.

Well dear, I guess they are talking about minimum 2 years until it's available to the ordinary public (like you n me).
As far as gaming is concerned wah I also can't even imagine how well would we be able to play games on such a speed. I mean right now I have an AMD Athelon 3200+ processor with 1GB of RAM and I really injoy playing my games as it's way much better than an Intel's P4 (3GHz) and what now straight from 3 to 500, I still can't imagine it... Wacko

The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 17:07
Originally posted by Gharanai

I guess they are talking about minimum 2 years until it's available to the ordinary public (like you n me).
And then XXI century begins! Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply