Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese is an African Language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese is an African Language
    Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 03:59
If you do an internet image search on the following Nigerian names: <span style="font-weight: bold;">Haruna , Sambo, Pankan, Kwashi, Imoko, Chika, Azuka, Ezuka, Koma, Zoro, Watanabe, Nene,</spanspan style="font-weight: bold;"> Osato, Osaru, Okada, Edo, Baba, Emiko, Kano, Nana, Aya, Tami, Tai, Sada, Ikimi, Ume</span> you will more likely see a Japanese link than a Nigerian link.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 11:57

Hi Onomisi:
wellcome to AE Forums.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 17:33
Congradulations, sounds like you've just added another chapter to volume 2 of Gavin Menzies book 1421 telling how Nigeria was a Chinese colony too.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2004 at 18:50

"If you do an internet image search on the following Nigerian names: Haruna , Sambo, Pankan, Kwashi, Imoko, Chika, Azuka, Ezuka, Koma, Zoro, Watanabe, Nene, Osato, Osaru, Okada, Edo, Baba, Emiko, Kano, Nana, Aya, Tami, Tai, Sada, Ikimi, Ume  you will more likely see a Japanese link than a Nigerian link."

problem is the romanization of Japanese is not the Japanese language but a western way of translating Japanese language into English according to how it sounds.

The writing of Japanese, structure, and grammer should be taken into consideration instead.

I know Chinese writing.

Because of the fact that the dialect I profession is not Mandarin but Cantonese, I have difficulty reading romanized Chinese which is based upon Mandarin. When some Chinese nouns are written in romanized letters, I can't tell what they are in Chinese. For example, Zheng He. I couldn't tell what "Zheng He" actually was on a Chinese history exam that I took in a US high school. Instead, I said he was a infamous Chinese scholar of the Spring and Autumn period named "Chon Zhi" (this is wrong cause I can't do Mandarin). Same with Japanese, I can read all Japanese cities and most nouns they use cause they are usually written in Chinese characters. I have trouble reading them in romanized Japanese tho.

Your arguement is interesting and creative but it doesn't have anything to do with linking Japanese to an African language.

Edited by coolstorm
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 09:49

It has nothing to do with linking Japanese with Nigerian. It's just a coincidence since most of the words are very small, plus romanization plus some don't even seem japanese, Haruna, Pankan, Kwashi?

No offense but languages are wierd like that sometimes. Otherwise I'd be claiming Spanish belongs in the Afro-Jap family because of the word Zoro on your list. (Obviously simplified from Zorro).

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 10:13

Yeah, I recall once that Cyrus and Ihsan mentioned that Tepec has the same meaning with the Nahuatl ( Hill ).
Regards
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 10:19
That may just be coincidental. There are more Nahuatl words that look somewhat similar to IE words:
cochi (to sleep) - French: coucher
papalotl (butterfly) - French: papillon
teotl (god) - Greek: theos
cualli (good) - quality
Those coincidences just occur. A language has 10.000s of words, it would be rather coincidental if there are no words that look similar to unrelated languages.
vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 10:49

The question of languages is a great deal more complex than words that sound alike - this really is a topic for the Anthropology & Linguistics board.

As to the question itself - there are only a limited number of sounds that are possible given the anatomy of the human vocal and resonance structure - that is - throat, mouth and nose.  Homo sapiens can only produce a limited repertoire of noises.  These noises are what become language.  All languages make use of almost all of these same sounds in varying combinations so there is little surprise that they would eventually come up with the same combinations.

Edited by vagabond
In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 00:29
very simular, didn't know that
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2005 at 17:17

Congradulations, sounds like you've just added another chapter to volume 2 of Gavin Menzies book 1421 telling how Nigeria was a Chinese colony too.

He also added another chapter to the Korean Nationalist claim that Korean was the first universal language(the babelon language), because they ahve the axiom: all japanese are ancient korean.  Using that, since Nigerian=japanese, nigerian=ancient korean. 

The question of languages is a great deal more complex than words that sound alike - this really is a topic for the Anthropology & Linguistics board.

As to the question itself - there are only a limited number of sounds that are possible given the anatomy of the human vocal and resonance structure - that is - throat, mouth and nose.  Homo sapiens can only produce a limited repertoire of noises.  These noises are what become language.  All languages make use of almost all of these same sounds in varying combinations so there is little surprise that they would eventually come up with the same combinations.

True.  All language in the world have the vowel sound- a e i o u.  That's because of whether short or long, human tongue has its limits.

Grrr..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2005 at 01:21

given the silliness and lack of imagination humans have Im suprised we have as many languages as we do, so when I see coincidences I take them for exactly that-meaningless coincidencess

Althoughh there might soon be a west Africa-Japan link, as most African Americans are from west Africa and supposedly the homies in Okinawa are quite popular with the Nihon ladies

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 17:03
Originally posted by Tobodai

given the silliness and lack of imagination humans have Im suprised we have as many languages as we do, so when I see coincidences I take them for exactly that-meaningless coincidencess

Althoughh there might soon be a west Africa-Japan link, as most African Americans are from west Africa and supposedly the homies in Okinawa are quite popular with the Nihon ladies

http://www.zompist.com/chance.htm
Saki View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Saki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 18:58

He has an interesting point to maker:

I forever tease a Nigerian friend of mine called Takawira for being Japanese in Disguise!

If you look at the website http://www.rednova.com/news/display the article explains the paternal gene map of Asia Middle East seen in the section of this forum titled Human Haplotypes.

Cutting the story short: All paternal genes are traced from an African Paternal progenitor M168 > M89> M9 ( into M45 + M3) M45 > M175

The Map shows a dark green Wedge (the earliest African Paternal gene known)found in Iranian/ Tehran also found at very significant levels in the Japanese Population. The Suggestion is a Sinic-Afro(Semitic) ancestry. No doubt the influence of Negroid Polynesian Melanesian blood.

The Nigerian connection is an really interesting thought because you also have names in SW Nigeria  like Chan, Wong and Wu.

Why My Chinese Friends?

Edited by Saki
Knowledge is power, and power is the knowledge of when not to use it.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 01:24

chan, wong, wu are all romanization of chinese characters.

so is the japanese. it's all romanization and has nothing to do with the language itself. it's romanization based on how it sounds.

don't think in a way that chinese and japanese are written in english alphabets.

in cantonese, the character chan is romanized as "chan", in mandarin, it's "chen" in some other chinese dialects, it's something else. but it's the same word when written.

same thing for the character wong, in cantonese, it's "wong", in mandarin, it's however "wang". but they are the same word.

for "wu", it's "ng" in cantonese. and yes, wu and ng are the same word in chinese. they are just romanized differently with one based on mandarin and the other based on cantonese.

lee is also another common chinese surname. there are westerners with that surname as well. can u say that they share something in common culturally or biologically? i dun think so.

romanization has nothing to do with the language but a way for westerners to pronouce it.

you have to judge a language based on how it's written other than how it's romanized into english letters. try to compare japanese writing and african writing. i'm sure u can find nothing in common. for example, when u show some romanized japanese words to a chinese, he will have no idea what they are. if u show them some japanese words written in japanese, he will, however, at least get the meaning of the sentence even tho he doesn't know japanese. that's also how we play rpg and some other japanese games in japanese. westerners can only play the english version, but we can understand the japanese version as well. same thing goes vice versa. japanese people can at least get the meaning of simple chinese sentences. but the romanization is very different.

this is my problem too. i am a cantonese speaker. i know chinese and i write chinese but i have no idea what mandarin romanization is all about. if u show me some romanization of mandarin, i will have no idea what they are even tho i speak, write, and read chinese. that's why i can hardly recognize the romanized chinese cities on a map. i can only tell when they are written in chinese but not romanized words.

romanization is not the language.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 01:40
Romanization is not the language, but just because you don't write it in the same script doesn't mean the languages can't be related.

Take Turkic (Turkey), Mongolian (of outer Mongolia), and Mongolian (of Inner Mongolia).

In Turkey they use Latin script, in outer Mongolia, although it is changing, they often use Cyrillic, and in Inner Mongolia they usually use traditional Mongol script.

Does this mean that all three of these languages are not related?
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 15:44

that doesn't mean those languages are not related, but that also doesn't have anything to do with anything.

the japanese language is not related to an african language. there are no proofs and no evidence to show that whatsoever. the initial claim he made about japanese and chinese was based upon romanization, which is not value in this case.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 15:55
Originally posted by coolstorm

that doesn't mean those languages are not related, but that also doesn't have anything to do with anything.

the japanese language is not related to an african language. there are no proofs and no evidence to show that whatsoever. the initial claim he made about japanese and chinese was based upon romanization, which is not value in this case.

Agreed.  I was just pointing out another aspect of the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply