Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Muslims trying to change the West?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Are muslims trying to change the western world?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [58.82%]
21 [41.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Muslims trying to change the West?
    Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 17:02
Muslims are trying to change the west which they should not be doing.They should leave the West alone and I imangine the West would leave them alone if it weren't for September 11th,the Spanish subway bombs and bombs in india which just happened the other day.Many Muslims in Africa and the middle east feel we have had control of their lives for a long time and they do not like that.The west should not have great influence over the, nor should they have over the west but Al-Qaeda is not stopping it the right way.
Had this day been wanting, the world had never seen the last stage of perfection to which human nature is capable of attaining.

George Washington - March 15, 1783

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 17:09
Dude, are you comparing 11/9 with what the West has done to muslim world? Your funny.

Estimated 30 000 people have been killed in Iraq only due to 11/9. how many died in 11/9? 3000?

Yeah, 10 muslim are worth 1 christian life... I forgot.

So please spare us the BS. What the muslim world does to West, you give back 10 times.

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 17:32
First of all it's 9/11.So are you suggesting that America,Spain,India and whoever else Al-Queada attacks,that they should just sit back and watch?Muslims are not the problem, Al-Queada is.About Iraq do you know how many innocent lives Hussein took?True America should not be there anymore but if America,Britian and whoever else is over there had not gone in the first place Hussein would have killed thousands more of inoccent people.The west went over there because they belived Iraq had missiles that could reach them.Though they did not the West wen't over for a good reason anyway.You know why we throw back at them 10 times harder?Because they fly planes into our buildings for no reason killing thousands.They bomb our subways for no reason.They bomb our markets and more subways for no reason.They burn our house's for no reason.Muslim lives are worth 1 Christian life which is worth 1 Jewish life.
Had this day been wanting, the world had never seen the last stage of perfection to which human nature is capable of attaining.

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 17:36
You just said that Muslims are the problem...

"Muslims are trying to change the west which they should not be doing."
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 17:38
America attacked Iraq for the oil. The knew that Saddam was weak, and they used 9/11 too justify the attack.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2006 at 19:09
As long as some Islamic countries allows religious leaders to profile their politics - and as long as some Western countries allows their leaders to start wars under false pretexts - things wont get any better.

It all boils down to the most significant source for the trouble in the world today - religion.
And both sides are equally to blame for this. Religious radicals in the west promoting and supporting Israel to do what they think is right - radical clerics of Islam in the East promoting and supporting terrorists to do what they think is right.

The crises/war in the middle east is escalating this moment.
Israel vs armed forces in Libanon this time. After hearing about this each day for the past 40 years, I cant help thinking that neither side is interested in peace. Its getting pretty old. 

As for who will change who?
It depends on what level we are speaking.
Although I dont condone very much of what Sherif Bush is up to, then on the other hand, I dont see him attack peaceful Muslim countries like UAE. Egypt or the Saudi's in example.
So basically I dont think the west wants to change the east - from this broad perspective.
The invasion of Iraq should never have happened. The pretext was invalid and false. But now that it DID happen - lets hope the people of Iraq can live a better life of freedom in the future, although I doubt the different Islamic groups will stop fighting unless they are forced to - the vast majority of the casualties there today are caused by these groups - not by the security- or coalition forces.

I believe most westeners dont see Muslims around them or in the east as a problem - but they see Islam as a threat due to the fanatic clerics and the terrorists who operates in the name of Islam.
And then the west needs to take measures to avoid attacks from terrorists - example Afghanistan and security measures at home.
In this manner - yes - Muslims do change and have changed the west.

Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 14:30
Originally posted by Cent

America attacked Iraq for the oil. The knew that Saddam was weak, and they used 9/11 too justify the attack.

America did not go into Iraq because of 9/11.They went into Afghanistan to look for Osama Bin Laden.America and it's allies went into Iraq because we belived he had wepons of mass destruction.And please don't talk on this topic because you know nothing about it.

Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 14:31
Northman you make a very good point Iraq should not have happened but now we should do the best we can for it since were there.Clap

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 17:44
Originally posted by kingofmazanderan

Its funny that people of different faiths think that thiers is the right one or the better one.  Why don't they just get it that they are both right or both equally as good.

Because they don't read their holly books.
They believe in things they are told.

And that is the problem.

For instance, do you think the evils who did 9/11 and such are muslim ? Absolutely No, But they thought they were.

Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 17:48

America attacked Iraq for the oil.

That is getting old. There may be many reasons, right or false, but I do not think "getting oil" is one of them.

Iraq war costed US economy a lot. The receipt is simply not worth for oil.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2006 at 19:20
[rant]In England, I understand that the resentment towards proposed changes to laws, customs, whatever that originate from the Muslim community(ies) are increasingly viewed as threatening....On the one hand, I sympathize with the resident community (ie. those who have been living under the current system) and would say...if you're so interested in maintaining your religious prohibitions (or whatever), establish businesses/community centres that cater to your belief system...to come to a country and then demand that they accomodate your religious beliefs when that country is founded on religious tolerance is just obnoxious imo....On the other hand, capitalism requires infinite resources... non sequiter I know, but some will get it :p

as far as America's 'benevolent warring' I submit that if the American leadership were truly concerned with spreading goodness around the world they would have done something about Robert Mugabe long ago...fact is, America needs secure sources of oil in order to continue (in the short term) with their way of life. Period. They, above all others, know that it is madness to get involved in a war overseas, but they must, if they want to have any control over their own destiny for the forseeable future. All the rest is mere details, IMO. Of course, they have VERY high hopes for the Alberta oil sands, which would more or less obviate such concerns for the short-middle term...the only way that will matter is if a Democrat gets into office though ;) All firmly IMO :p
[/rant]

Edited by Malison - 30-Jul-2006 at 19:35
BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 14:52

-What an original insight! The "war for oil" crowd is not only grossly misinformed, but nearly brainwashed beyond retrieval. I understand we have different viewpoints regarding "cause and effect" of world influence, dominance, rights, wrongs, vengeance, etc...., but for those who choose to consistently point their fingers and condemn the actions and intentions of others with a complete disregard for reason and logic do not help the situation whatsoever. In the United States, we have anti-war demonstrators who consistently follow suite with the mad ravings of people such as Cindy Sheehan or the ignorant ideologies of Hollywood celebrities. What does this solve? Nothing! Instead of debating reasonable solutions for an obvious problem, many want to consistently play "blame America first, ask questions later!"

-As far is Iraq is concerned...... The invasion of Iraq was to remove a ruthless dictator "Hussein" and flush out those involved with terrorist action and/or conspiracy. We did not intend to occupy the country as long as we have....and for this I am not very happy. I personally feel that rebuilding the government, in retrospect, was a mistake. I have supported the cause the entire time, though I am afraid the Iraqi people are not holding up to their end of the deal. All of this oil that we are supposedly "stealing" is sure not helping out the American people very much. Gas is about $3.00 a gallon here, not much of a solution even if it were true.

-Finally, to answer the question..........yes, all civilizations that can "influence" the rest of the world will. We could go on all day about what the "right" way to live is, but it is ultimately up to the individual to decide for themselves. My views are totally opposite of many on this forum, though I respect diverse opinions. It really boils down to what one is used to and what one feels is best not only for themselves, but for the world as a whole. This is a very complicated manner, because ones "beliefs" are created by a vast combination of social, environmental and biological influences....many of which the individual realizes little, if anything, about. It is impossible for me to understand the motives behind organizations such as Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, etc.... but I am afraid much of the motivation goes beyond choice and enters the realm of deception and brainwashing. Religion also plays a key part in our current world conflicts. Islam, as well as Christianity, are both rooted in common beliefs such as compassion towards others and holding oneself at a high moral standard....but unfortunately, people misinterpret these messages. When one allows an ideology of any kind (religion included) overshadow logic, one is destined to become mentally weak and easily manipulated. It is simply the natural of order of things for others to prey off of these weaknesses for a wide range of personal gain.

Edited by BMC21113 - 01-Aug-2006 at 15:42
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
Red4tribe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red4tribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 16:20
excellent point bmc2113.And where are you gas is 3.50 near me.

BMC21113 View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote BMC21113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 16:40

-I live in Norman, OK so we are fortunate for our prices to not reach as high as many other areas of the country. Also,  I will be able to ride a bike or walk to school this fall.....and this will be where I spend most of my time throughout the semester. I have heard of alot of people actually having to switch jobs or move to compensate for their increased energy bills (primarily gas consumption). Alternative energy sources are by far my most important voting concerns for the previous and upcoming elections, so hopefully we will be able to elect officials who are capable of decreasing our dependency on uncertain sources.   

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12