Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nobody interest at civil war of China from 1945-1949?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ChineseManchurian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nobody interest at civil war of China from 1945-1949?
    Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 02:00

I did not see anyone talk about it, I guess probaly we have to discuss a little more about modern world than the acient period.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 02:23
No offense but the post WW2 Chinese civil war started in 1947 and ended in 1949.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 02:28
actually I think Chinese civil war should be start form 1945, because the sodiers of the government already attacked Communist part in He Nan.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 03:02

Probably there aren't as many disputes on more modern issues as some ancient ones.

But, I think China is a great nation that should be united again.

Its China's destiny to be one of the most important nations on Earth.

"There lies a sleeping Giant. Let him sleep, for when he awakens, he will shake the world" --- Napoleon Bonaparte, 1803

Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 05:47
"Its China's destiny to be one of the most important nations on Earth"

ok........you have used that Napoleon's words on China so many times already.....I only used that once in my Political Science paper in school..........you probably a patriotic Chinese living in US.

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 08:32

But, I think China is a great nation that should be united again.

I know perfectly what you mean, I mean China is now divided because of different western ideals, isn't it?  But that doesn't mean that unification should pay a high price of human rights neither

"There lies a sleeping Giant. Let him sleep, for when he awakens, he will shake the world" --- Napoleon Bonaparte, 1803

China did actually shake the "world" when it rose into power.  Again, Quishihuang, emperor of Tang, Qing, etc.  Again, it were its border nations who paid the price. 

Grrr..
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 10:49

So much for human rights when you have the Li Wen Ho case and Vincent Ching incident in the US.

And I am sure that friend coolstorm is a patriotic Chinese living in the US. We need more people like him. I am a patriotic Chinese living in the US as well, btw.  But I tend to like this quote better:
"Those who intrude on the Chinese, no how matter how distant they are we will crush them." Its my first time using this quote, though.

I know it is hard for some Koreans to accept a rising superpower of China. Because everytime that happened their country is bound to get invaded. But that's another topic, isn't it? When the US rose as a superpower third world countries like Haiti, Panama, Iraq, Yugoslavia etc paid the price. When China rises, I wonder who would pay the prize. Interesting question, but solutions seem pretty obvious.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Dragon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 12:10

I disagree.  China has had the military strength to destroy most of its neighbours for decades.  Yet it has not become "Uncle Sam Eat World" that the US has.  US foreign policy for the past 50 years has been nothing but "OBEY ME, BECAUSE" and when a country resists (or has something valuable, like, say, OIL) the US just goes and rapes a country over and over until there's nothing of value left.  Case in point: Iraq.  2003-2004.

The soldiers are doing their job (for the most part).  Its the policy makers who are responsible.

History is the study of the past that we may understand the present.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 13:12
I am a patriotic Chinese living in the US too, I also believes that China will grow to a superpower in the world, but not now. At least we need 50 years to train our country, there is still some bad political system in China. I did not mean democratic is good for China, I think it is bad thing for China become a democratic country now, it will hurt it's econemy so badly.
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 13:22

And the thread degenerate into political quabbling again.

Nationalist army was a joke, equippted with U.S. weapon and training, outnumbering the communist by some 8 to 1 even at this date was beaten by a bunch of "Tu Ba Lu" who barely have any updated assault rifles. This might be one of the most outmatched defeat in the 20th century. And despite their defeat, their excuse was "Its not our incompetance, its that the communist army is too sly"

Omnipotence View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Omnipotence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 13:51

"Nationalist army was a joke, equippted with U.S. weapon and training, outnumbering the communist by some 8 to 1 even at this date was beaten by a bunch of "Tu Ba Lu" who barely have any updated assault rifles. This might be one of the most outmatched defeat in the 20th century. And despite their defeat, their excuse was "Its not our incompetance, its that the communist army is too sly""

Yeah, the populace wasn't really with them at the period, and that proves a major setback.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 16:25
The people live in China do not support Nationalist(also knows as Gu Mindang) that is the main reason they lost the battle to the communist party. Actually the communist armies are very strong, also are very sly. If you interest at Korean war you will found out it is almost the same number of armies between N.K(with China) and S.K(with US), I do not understand  why a lot of the history book says that Chinese won by more sodier. My grandpa joined Korean war before, he know exactly how it is.
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 17:02
Ya, I'm read some accounts of those who were there in korean war, and they say those chinese always lanched the attack in like 4 a.m. or something...how sly and cunning are they or are they?
Grrr..
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 17:22
They are sly, also they have a very good general Peng.
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 17:47

The Chinese would typically surround your position when you are sleeping and launch an attack before dawn to prevent being spotted by the air force and getting blasted by the superior artillery of the UN forces. Its not being sly. There's no slyness associated in battle. There's those who survived and those who died for their country.

"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 05:10

I agree.

According to Sun Zhi's Art of War, soldiers are never tired of tricks. There might be a better way of saying it.

You don't wait till your enemies are all awake and prepared for battles to fight them. You fight them when it is a good time to fight them.

Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 11:51
At the same time, the Chinese records the South Korean and the Turks as the most tenacious fighters in the Korean War. The South Koreans would usually retreat en masse with the US troops and then suddenly turn back and launch a devastating surprise assault.
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 17:12

The PLA was sort of like the steppe army of the 20th century, they rely on mobility and little heavy logistic to fight, against the Nationalist who was better equippted than them, they would just retreat, and lure the nationalist into mountainous terrain where their artillery have little affect, then they would surround that troop with superior number and wipe it out, when other nationalist army come to the rescue, the PLA would long be gone due to their superb speed. And they would simply take enemy equippment and use them. Another instance is during teh war against the Japanese, the PLa would withdraw into a freezing mountainous terrain, the Japanese detachment would follow, but eventually they got lost within this maze of winter, while the PLA knows it perfectly well, the Japanese are worried but one of their followers knew the terrain so decide to lead the Japanese out. At this moment the PLA threw a hand grenade and instantly killed that man. The Japanese turned around to fire but the PLA was long gone, eventually they were frozen to death. This is similar to the mongol battles against the Jin, even though Jin had superior equippment and size, they lack the mobility to fight the mongol army and thus collapsed, yet the difference between the PLA equippment and that of the Nationalist is far more drastic like that of a primitive war band vs. that of modern armament, since many of the PLA actually still used cold weapon, I have a friend whose grandfather use a big broad sword when fighting against the Japanese.

Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 01:18
My grandfather was an officer during the 8 years anti-occupation war, a gradudate from Huang Pu. The KMT still provided the bulk of the armed forces arrayed against the Japanese. The PLA is restricted more to harassing the Japanese. If only Chiang trust the Communists more and commit more troops against the Japanese...sigh...
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2004 at 01:23

"My grandfather was an officer during the 8 years anti-occupation war, a gradudate from Huang Pu. The KMT still provided the bulk of the armed forces arrayed against the Japanese. The PLA is restricted more to harassing the Japanese. If only Chiang trust the Communists more and commit more troops against the Japanese...sigh..."

My great grandfather was an important figure of "qing ban" (literally means clear gang) in Shanghai during that time.

He also contributed in the Anti-Japanese resistance.

Edited by coolstorm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>