Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oldest Civilization found in Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oldest Civilization found in Pakistan
    Posted: 15-Jun-2006 at 14:50
Im reading a book on the country of Pakistan and it mentions a site in Baluchistan(western pakistan) of a civilization dating back 8000 years.

Have you guys heard of this civilization before or can you shed any light on it for me?

Is this the civilization that Rostam the Baluchi came from?  In Iranian legand there is a story about a hero named Rostam who belonged to a ancient pre Persian civilization.
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2006 at 18:14

They have a non-persian, non-punjabi look to them these baluchis, i'd say they have a striking resemblance to the sindhis and rajasthanis more than their western or northern neighbors.

Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 17:15
Thanks for adding the pics to this topic they are great.
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 19:06

Glad you like the pics, here are some more....

CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 02:52
the civilisation u read about, had been there before the baluchis migrated to this region around 1200 or so. They probably came from northwestern iran, as it is learned that 'baluchi' is closely linked ethnolinguistly with kurdish (surmanj).
The brahvi people (also living in baluchistan) with their very different language from baluchi, are the oldest inhabitants of the area, they stem back from the era of indus-civilisation. It could be possible, that they were there in 8000 bc.
no comment
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 20:01
Thanks for the info Chaudry
CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2006 at 19:04
Originally posted by Rajput

Glad you like the pics, here are some more....

I don't know about the last one (the old, turbaned man), but the people in the above 2 and the middle one definitely aren't Baloch.
The first picture shows a sindhi man, the picture next also consists of sindhi's. U can see  them wearing sindhi caps.
The picture in the middle shows pakistani mp's (military police personnel). They are most probably punjabi, maybe pashtun.

no comment
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2006 at 19:44
Those sindhi caps are worn by many non-sindhis particularly in Balochistan.....you do know who they are dont you?

The sites that I retrieved those pics from claim the men in the pics to be 110% Balochis....such as this one:

PS. I knew a Chaudhry from Lahore once, his family converted to Islam from Sikhism to retain their lands during the '47 partition so much for the 'punjabiyat' or 'warriorism' for that matter amongst youru people...  Clap

If God did not create the horse, he would not have created the Rajput.
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 16:47

They have a non-persian, non-punjabi look to them these baluchis, i'd say they have a striking resemblance to the sindhis and rajasthanis more than their western or northern neighbors

This is not true. Balochis have nothing like a Sindhi or Rajasthani look, and if you tell a true Baloch they look like a rajasthani they'd probably knock your little head off. Balochis consider themselves originally from around the Caspian Sea, like some other Pakistani ethnicities.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 19-Jun-2006 at 16:47
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 18:06

Those sindhi caps are worn by many non-sindhis particularly in Balochistan.....you do know who they are dont you?

The sites that I retrieved those pics from claim the men in the pics to be 110% Balochis....such as this one:

PS. I knew a Chaudhry from Lahore once, his family converted to Islam from Sikhism to retain their lands during the '47 partition so much for the 'punjabiyat' or 'warriorism' for that matter amongst youru people...  Clap

Try to stick to the same pictures, when arguing ur case. This will give u more credibility, indian Clown.

Ur 'interesting little anecdote' above tells me more about ur common inferiority complex, than about this 'sikh' who converted to islam. Go to amritsar, and tell the sikhs ur cute little interesting stories. They will tell u more about 'punjabiyat'.

Edited by CHAUDRY - 19-Jun-2006 at 18:09
no comment
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 18:26
Originally posted by CHAUDRY

Try to stick to the same pictures, when arguing ur case. This will give u more credibility, indian Clown.

Take any pictures i've posted up and go to its respective website and it'll claim the person in it to be a Balochi.  The reason I put up those pics was to show you how many Balochis wear the 'Sindhi cap' so as to prove your little theory wrong.

Ur 'interesting little anecdote' above tells me more about ur common inferiority complex, than about this 'sikh' who converted to islam. Go to amritsar, and tell the sikhs ur cute little interesting stories. They will tell u more about 'punjabiyat'.

No inferiority complex here, just a dose that'll make you wish that you were born a haibibi in a burqa Wink.  I've told many a sikh this to their face and they curse you fakis out who sold your din for a mere acre or two of land 'chaudry sahab' and while i'm at it i'll even tell you his name if it makes my factual story any credible .... Qaizer Chaudry is his name and he admits to all I have stated truthfully.

CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 19:03
[

No inferiority complex here, just a dose that'll make you wish that you were born a haibibi in a burqa Wink.  I've told many a sikh this to their face and they curse you fakis out who sold your din for a mere acre or two of land 'chaudry sahab' and while i'm at it i'll even tell you his name if it makes my factual story any credible .... Qaizer Chaudry is his name and he admits to all I have stated truthfully.
[/QUOTE]

How could he have sold his 'din' when he wasn't a moslem first. He was a 'sikh', ur 'stunning' and 'true' story tells u something about sikhs.

I will tell u something about ur relatives living here in holland. They, although in overwhelming majority, fear us that much, they won't look us in the eyes, this goes particularly for the bastard singhs, with mix blood (They used 2 be slaves of dutchmen).
Nowadays their girls don't want something else but some pak-chupa chups. We call ur types overhere "coolies'. The sikhs that live here, also are disgusted from these 'coolies' (indians), they prefer to hangout with us anytime.

Sikhs know their people, and it ain't coolies.
no comment
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 19:17

How could he have sold his 'din' when he wasn't a moslem first. He was a 'sikh', ur 'stunning' and 'true' story tells u something about sikhs.

this is what i'm talking about...you do understand that there are other religions out there other than islam you faki dastard LOL

I will tell u something about ur relatives living here in holland. They, although in overwhelming majority, fear us that much, they won't look us in the eyes,

man gimme a break first off go try that sh*t with someone else I've seen your 'relatives' out here and they arent that intimidating matter of fact they all run helter skelter at first sight of a sikh out here.

this goes particularly for the bastard singhs, with mix blood (They used 2 be slaves of dutchmen).

wouldnt know bout that cuz i am not a sikh but i've taken quite a few fakis to task and they are were all hype!  I've had my share of faki chooth too if thats where you're getting at mofo and they were sooooo not into anal....but its all good we did it halal!!!  LOL

CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 19:31

this is what i'm talking about...you do understand that there are other religions out there other than islam you faki dastard LOL

U think u'r so smart, typical bhindi, but what the f*** i care bout sikh behaviour.

I will tell u something about ur relatives living here in holland. They, although in overwhelming majority, fear us that much, they won't look us in the eyes,

man gimme a break first off go try that sh*t with someone else I've seen your 'relatives' out here and they arent that intimidating matter of fact they all run helter skelter at first sight of a sikh out here.

Are u telling me u live in holland, than give me ur address, i will pay u visit, together with sikhs.
Go sh*t bhindia.

this goes particularly for the bastard singhs, with mix blood (They used 2 be slaves of dutchmen).

wouldnt know bout that cuz i am not a sikh but i've taken quite a few fakis to task and they are were all hype!  I've had my share of faki chooth too if thats where you're getting at mofo and they were sooooo not into anal....but its all good we did it halal!!!  LOL

Disgustin ratinvested bhindi m**f**, if ur truly 'rajput' u must'v known singh is surname for hindu rajputs, u stupid dumbass
bhindian.

I wasn't wanting to come to this level but u surely are some urindrinking bhindish*tting raj f** phudi!!  
no comment
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 20:19
OHH YEA?? OH YEA???  THE FAKI CHOOTHS I'VE HAD ARE THE RAUNCHIEST WOMEN I'VE COME ACROSS 2ND ONLY TO THE KALiS AND I'VE EVEN HAD ONES IN A HIJAAB AND WHEN THEY SEE MY GROWING RAJPUT PILLAR THE REST IS HISTORY!  Ying Yang

if ur truly 'rajput' u must'v known singh is surname for hindu rajputs, u stupid dumbass bhindian.

wrong you stupid faki we dont use singh as a surname unlike your rag headed neighbors we use our clan names and singh is used as a middle name hahahahaha you pathetic excuse for a human you should know all about urine since you've been getting urinated on by the countless foreign invaders who have made you out to be the mongrel specimen that you are!!!!   Thumbs Down

AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 21:55
Chaudry, what is wrong with wearing a bhindhi? I can understand how drinking urine is certainly problemsome, but certainly you cannot discriminate based on fashion. And the word "coolie" certainly refers to sikh people, as well as pakistanis. It is a derogatory term used by the british imperialists to describe all people living in the Indian subcontinent. So i am afraid you are mistakes when you say "sikhs know that their people aren't coolies."

Rajput, what the hell does "faki" mean? I'm sure it stings Master_Blaster deeply, but i'm afraid it's not a very good insult. The fact that it means very little to everyone else renders it pretty useless to anyone reading this discussion. And seeing how basically your entire posts are filled with nothing but that drivel, most of your posts are useless too. And certainly, you cannot discriminate against anyone wearing a turban? "Rag-headedness" is certainly not a sin.

And where are moderators when we need them? Threads like these need to be closed, and closed quickly.
AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 21:57
Hey, i meant "chaudry" instead of "master_blaster" in the post above. I using a school computer right now, and i can't edit my post for some reason.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2006 at 22:18
Originally posted by kingofmazanderan

Im reading a book on the country of Pakistan and it mentions a site in Baluchistan(western pakistan) of a civilization dating back 8000 years.

Have you guys heard of this civilization before or can you shed any light on it for me?

Is this the civilization that Rostam the Baluchi came from?  In Iranian legand there is a story about a hero named Rostam who belonged to a ancient pre Persian civilization.

Probably not.  Most likely it is the older settled trading cities that flourished here before the Iranians came from the Northwest.  Sistan-Baluchistan is now occupied by most the Baluch. 

The Baluchi language and people are closer to Persians in language, Pashtuns in culture, and because they have intermixed with everybody in the region, it is hard to say what they can look like.  Some Baluchis can look African, some can look Iranian/Afghan, and some can look more Brahui/Dravidian.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 08:34
Afghanan

The Baluchi language and people are closer to Persians in language, Pashtuns in culture, and because they have intermixed with everybody in the region, it is hard to say what they can look like.  Some Baluchis can look African, some can look Iranian/Afghan, and some can look more Brahui/Dravidian.

Ur description is one of a regional identity. Ethnic baluch more closely resemble pashtuns and other Iranians. The bruhi are not ethnic baluch. Thew precise origins of Makranis are uncertain. however in a recent study of the comparative gene makeup to most other indic ethnicities was not much different, although they have characteristic feature in appearance that differ with the baluch.
CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 21:49
Originally posted by AlokaParyetra

Chaudry, what is wrong with wearing a bhindhi? I can understand how drinking urine is certainly problemsome, but certainly you cannot discriminate based on fashion. And the word "coolie" certainly refers to sikh people, as well as pakistanis. It is a derogatory term used by the british imperialists to describe all people living in the Indian subcontinent. So i am afraid you are mistakes when you say "sikhs know that their people aren't coolies."

dear aloka, what i said about the word 'coolie' still being used in holland wasn't meant to offend 'some' people. It is plane truth. U can go to the european forum and ask someone living in holland about this. They will tell u that in holland the term 'coolie' refers to indians. They are descendents of slaves from suriname. The dutch bought them from the british. 
no comment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>