Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion: Who is the most hostile towards Africans/Blacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion: Who is the most hostile towards Africans/Blacks
    Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 01:14

Not trying to generalize people.

Just a survey.

Given the racist incident in the soccer match between England and Spain, I am interested in knowing the opinion on what you think about racism.

Racism is bad.

Edited by coolstorm
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 08:57
How do you judge who is the most hostile towards black people? Have polls been made on the topic? Or do you judge after what you *think*? Personally, I have no idea, but there are racists everywhere, and given the orgranized attempts in the West to suppress and educate about the issue, I'm willing to bet quite a lot that these areas are the least racist nowadays. Judging from personal experience, Chinese are the most racist people I've met and talked to over the net, so I'll vote for those (in fact I wouldn't like to vote at all, but hey, I like polls).

You have a few strange options though. Some are regions, some are religions, some are nations within regions (why separate English from Western Europeans? Are they inclined to be generally more or less racist than the rest?)

Edited by Styrbiorn
Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:07
"Chinese are the most racist people I've met and talked to over the net, so I'll vote for those (in fact I wouldn't like to vote at all, but hey, I like polls)"

Ignorant answers, and this topic will create a wave of prejudice. I suggest you to remove this topic.

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:11
Originally posted by Kids

Ignorant answers, and this topic will create a wave of prejudice. I suggest you to remove this topic.

No, it was not an ignorant answer. I clearly stated it was from personal experience, but did not try to make a conclusion about Chinese in general. However, I do agree this is a really bad topic though, and I'm surprised I actually cared posting in it. I'm in a pick-a-fight-mood today, that might explain it.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:36
[/QUOTE]
No, it was not an ignorant answer. I clearly stated it was from personal experience, but did not try to make a conclusion about Chinese in general.

Then you should understand personal stereotypes and judgements sometimes hurt others greatly. People often formulate their perceptions of others based on unrelated issues; color of skin, physical deficits, etc. As a result of that, hatred is formulated according to pro-long questioning of one's relation with others, and this ultimately lead to alienation.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:51
Originally posted by Kids

Then you should understand personal stereotypes and judgements
sometimes hurt others greatly. People often formulate their perceptions
of others based on unrelated issues; color of skin, physical deficits,
etc. As a result of that, hatred is formulated according to pro-long
questioning of one's relation with others, and this ultimately lead to
alienation.

True, but whom of the three currently logged-in people (one being me) just voted for "Western Europeans" 5-6 times? I hope it wasn't you, throwing whole mountains around in a glasshouse...

This topic do deserve a close, but apparently it need to be discussed anyway - not in the original "who hates the blacks"-form though, but in a more general one. I do think there was a topic about it earlier, but it was probably from before the forums got deleted, and I couldn't find it.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 09:56
There's an error with this poll, you can vote an infinite number of times.

Anyway, this topic should better be closed.
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 11:49
I agree, I think this topic should be closed.  I see nothing but more fighting as a result of it.
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 13:48
Depends where you are.
In parts of London its the Indians and Chinese. East European soccer fans seem to have a big problem too.
Arrrgh!!"
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 13:48

chill guys. this topic is not meant to set up any fight.

racism is bad. but in order for us to know more about it, we have to discuss it. the trueth is racism still exists today in most parts of the world.

if we keep avoiding the probem, it's not gonna solve anything out. avoiding isn't a solution to anything but actually helps the growth of racism among young people.

i am just curious. what made you think the Chinese are the most racist? you said it was from your own experience. what was ur experience?

i actually have a similar thought somehow. 

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 13:50
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

The polls have been buggy for a while, some sort of work, some don't. Might as well remove the feature.
Arrrgh!!"
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 13:59
"
MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli wrote:

"

This feature allows the polls to tell the minds of people.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 14:01
Yeah right
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 14:31
from the time it took me to read this whole thread
and refreshed it, someone voted for w.europeans 24 times.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2004 at 20:09

I've lived in the middle east and east asia and both are reallly racist to a level most westerners (even spanish) could not tolerate.  Examples include far easterners employing black western expert employees asking them to stand aside during  the company photo shoot whilst putting the white westerners centre frame.

Countries in europe shouldn't be lumped together. In eastern europe I remember telling people about apartide in the 90's and the locals failing to see what was actuallly wrong with it,some commentying what a goood idea. In western europe a lot of countries are experiencing immigration for the first time. Spain is currently being used as an example a racism, but compare Spain to America in for the first 200 years of it's immigration, Spain's problems are trivial.

In Europe even the heavily immigrated to countries supposedly free from racism such as England. There's the new realisation about racism just happening, while racism is so taboo amongst white people, non white people can be racist themselves. A recent documentary on UK tv about racism showed Britain's huge Asian population (that's East Indians to Americans) were stunningly prejudiced towards Afro-Carribeans and my very own local area has the worst racist attacks in the country. The attacks victims were British born Afro-Carribeans who were living in fear, being petrol bombed, knifed' in streets or abused in the streets by chants of 'nigger' if they left their homes. Who were the abusers? Skinheads? No! Somalian refugees who've moved into the area by the thousand who see themselves superior to 'really' black people.

From personal experience while I admit the westerners (white and black) are far from racism free, we in this flawed world we live in are definately far more along the road to freeing ourselves from prejudice than anywhetre else.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
vagabond View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote vagabond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 00:12

Again - I also agree with Kids, Styrb, MixT (have you thought of rapping under that name?) and Cornellia (not a good name for a rapper - stick to being empress - ) the Mods should consider closing this thread.

To pose the question itself is to ask for an answer based not on any rational facts but on personal prejudices - eliciting the very response that the question implies it is addressing.  This sort of inflammatory question almost guarantees that feelings will be hurt, people will be insulted and tempers will flare.  if not intentionally inflammatory to begin with, the glitch in the polls certainly makes it fair game for anyone wanting to start a flame war or to bash a particular group - as has already happened in this poll.

I had already posted a reply here saying that and returned to find my post gone?  My views were never the most popular - especially when I get up on my soapbox and ask folks to behave responsibly.

I have forwarded a request to the mods to monitor this thread and lock it if necessary.

Edited by vagabond
In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it. (Saroyan)
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 05:21
Western Europeans definately.
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 01:49

Originally posted by Catt

from the time it took me to read this whole thread
and refreshed it, someone voted for w.europeans 24 times.

Apparently someone feels very strong about this issue!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 16:55
Its a bit of a silly thread, but I liked Pauls post above, and wouldn't mind hearing some more examples of racism you have witnessed or even racism that you have had directed against you personally, it cant hurt to talk more about this subject, and it might help us all to understand better.

Just ignore the actual poll which is way distorted (someone has a grudge, please, tell us why...)
John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 16:58
in fact, I deleted the poll, it was just pointless...

tell your experiences and stories please, positive as well as negative would be nice...

and as the first post reference a modern day incident, it seems like this thread belongs in this forum rather than the History forum.

Edited by John Doe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>