Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Armour??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Armour??
    Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 09:42
Master Chief's Armor from Halo 2
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 01:05
Exactly! Like the last samuraiSmile
They were mounted archers originally and, like their western counterparts would have chosen a pole-arm above the sword.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 15:41
Originally posted by Eondt

What I meant was that the Samurai weren't any more or less superior in swordfighting than any other group in history...just a little less open for change maybeSmile The sword wasn't even their primary weapon. And Xi_tujue is quite right, their swords were never designed to be used against any type of armour (very few swords were though).

It's the fault of hollywood (primarily) that they are seen as some sort of demi-god with sword.

like the last samurai movie and what was then the primary weapon of samurais
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 03:57

T-95 Black Eagle

History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 01:02
What I meant was that the Samurai weren't any more or less superior in swordfighting than any other group in history...just a little less open for change maybeSmile The sword wasn't even their primary weapon. And Xi_tujue is quite right, their swords were never designed to be used against any type of armour (very few swords were though).

It's the fault of hollywood (primarily) that they are seen as some sort of demi-god with sword.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 10:20
Originally posted by Eondt

Originally posted by Top Gun

Originally posted by xi_tujue

Originally posted by Athanasios

Oh, come on ... i wrote impressive not the most effective. Samurai were killing machines , much more skillful than the westerners of the time.

Samurais are only effective vs other samurais there blades couldn pierce any kind of armour besides leather armour.

so NO

realy I thought samurais where always superior above all other swordfighters

I hope that was sarcasmConfused

Hollywood has alot to answer forAngry

wat do you mean by that

Edited by Top Gun - 02-Feb-2007 at 10:21
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 07:32
Originally posted by Top Gun

Oh, come on ... i wrote impressive not the most effective. Samurai were killing machines , much more skillful than the westerners of the time.

Samurais are only effective vs other samurais there blades couldn pierce any kind of armour besides leather armour.

so NO

I hope that was sarcasmConfused

Hollywood has alot to answer forAngry

Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 21:41
Originally posted by Pieinsky

Terminators armour
yes, i would agree wit terminators armor, lol
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 11:13

so NO

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 11:11

so NO
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 11:07

Tar Szernd View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Tar Szernd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 11:05
Hi!

Persian/sassanid and sarmatian/hun/avarian armours. Hmmmmm...:-))

TSZ
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 18:13
Terminator armour, LOL. It's funny but it's also so true.

I would vote for samurai armour. Ned Kelly's armour was also impressive.

Join us.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 11:16
or a chainmail with silk under it works pretty fine it could not stop an arrow but the arrow don't pierce so deep

but the greatest armour I thinks is the bulletproof armour
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 07:52
samurai's armour is impressive

how?

chinese paper armor was pretty cool it was made out of paper for God's sake and it could stop an arrow.

Also that roman plate armor wich was revolutionary because it was strong and light.

Edited by xi_tujue - 28-Jan-2007 at 07:53
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 04:39

aztec cotton armour is very imprsessive it is so tight down that they say even an arrow didn't got troo it

Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 19:34
samurai's armour is impressive,Persians had also a tradition in this subject.

Pieinsky View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Pieinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 15:55
Terminators armour
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 10:40
Originally posted by machine

Come on someone must know. Ned Kellys armour was succesfull, wonder why it was never copied.

Well, it could serve one mans needs, but can you imagine a squad wearing this kind of armour. They could hardly communicate with each other, and if they face great firepower it would be very unlikely to find cover or retreat. I don't think Ned Kelly could run or bend with this thing.
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2006 at 10:17
Come on someone must know. Ned Kellys armour was succesfull, wonder why it was never copied.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>