Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

post-WW2 Soviet army.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Giordano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Giordano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: post-WW2 Soviet army.
    Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 12:09
Big smile,ok,dude,opinion...I believe that your opinions are only hypotheses of yours...Your knowledge sources are different than us,our sources brainwashed us and your sources simple truth...
Don't wait for nobody believe your ideas or hypotheses ,you're looking as playin squash...
I've respect all armies,countries...Believe you're the best in all things,no problem for me.I think,i won't read your posts after this,because i don't need any propaganda...Good lucks about keepin the best positions...
Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 15:24
If the Soviet Union had the greatest army in Europe after WWII,  why did they not conquer the rest of Europe?

Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 15:45

Originally posted by karlos

If the Soviet Union had the greatest army in Europe after WWII, whydid they not conquer the rest of Europe?

because US saved the europe, NOT with economics, with Nukes.

But US, even with their nukes, could not destroy USSR, so, should they have launched them, and they had ridiculous number, like 5, USSR would go beat the hell out of europe.

Both sides were afraid to attack each other.

My sources are SAME as yours Giordano, I took sources SPECIALLY from US and Brtiain sites, so that I can show you, because they are also in english.

LOL, are you gonna dispute that USSR had strongest land army in history, maybe you are gonna disprove me with facts? Cause I hav some facts here, like the numbers of tanks, artillery and so on and so forth. Aslo, are you gonna dispute that USSR destroyed 75-80 % of the Reich forces.

And hey, I didn't want to offend you.

Edited by Russian - 07-Jun-2006 at 15:49
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 16:22
Originally posted by Russian

[QUOTE=karlos] If the Soviet Union had the greatest army in Europe after WWII,  why did they not conquer the rest of Europe?

[quote]because US saved the europe, NOT with economics, with Nukes.

But US, even with their nukes, could not destroy USSR, so, should they have launched them, and they had ridiculous number, like 5, USSR would go beat the hell out of europe.

Both sides were afraid to attack each other.

I agree that nuclear weapons could not possibly have stopped the Red Army from rolling over the rest of Western Europe.  Both sides were certainly affraid of each other,  but why?

Perhaps because the USSR didn't know that the USA only had a few nukes left,  or maybe the reallization that 50-60 million people world-wide had died in this war was enough to keep the bullets from flying.

Edited by karlos - 07-Jun-2006 at 16:23
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 17:17
Originally posted by Giordano

Big smile,ok,dude,opinion...I believe that your opinions are only hypotheses of yours...Your knowledge sources are different than us,our sources brainwashed us and your sources simple truth...
Don't wait for nobody believe your ideas or hypotheses ,you're looking as playin squash...
I've respect all armies,countries...Believe you're the best in all things,no problem for me.I think,i won't read your posts after this,because i don't need any propaganda...Good lucks about keepin the best positions...
Thumbs Up

You keep asking everybody about souces. Sources can be wether punctual or from all the materials someone has read/consulted for a long time. Also, opinion is not formed only by source(s), one has to use his own brain (if he has any) to state something. If you consider a statement as being ... improper you better bring arguments (from your source's or from your brain) about the flaws you spotted.
USSR had the largest army - are your sources denying that?
D-Day was a major event but it wasn't the major event of WWII.
What's your opinion? Some statements, arguments, not just questions or critics to forumer's style.
Giordano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Giordano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 17:53
Originally posted by Cezar

Thumbs Up

You keep asking everybody about souces. Sources can be wether punctual or from all the materials someone has read/consulted for a long time. Also, opinion is not formed only by source(s), one has to use his own brain (if he has any) to state something. If you consider a statement as being ... improper you better bring arguments (from your source's or from your brain) about the flaws you spotted.
USSR had the largest army - are your sources denying that?
D-Day was a major event but it wasn't the major event of WWII.
What's your opinion? Some statements, arguments, not just questions or critics to forumer's style.

Wow,i've asked sources to confirm knowledges,one says A bigger than B and other one says different.Which one is true?How do you know?
If your answer is your opinion is true,i don't say about it...I explained and will explain my opinions in any case,don't be afraid.
I don't understand that why "source" word disturbs you such?
If you say this is better you must be prove,this means you must give a source.Russian army isn't the largest army,you asked to me that therefore i wrote it .the largest army is Chinese army.And we haven't discussed the largest army.Pls strieve to understand me really...
I wrote some knowledges about WWII and simple the source is BBC and History channel.Russian rejected this knowledges and he says we use the same knowledge sources...And finaly,i've finished my post in this topic,why do you need to offend me,i don't understand Smile
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 17:56
"Well, Estonia couldn't proclaim itelf independent if not SU, right, it would be conquered."

So what, we were independent, and that was all we were striving for the entire time, the Inter regnum was well used. You conquered an independent democratic western minded country and thats that.

"The thing I said about population is to assume that in those times there were less nationalists than now. He wouldn't kill everybody, just would do repressions, he liked them, he alsmot ruined the country with that (USSR)."

Were they less nationalistic? I would imagine the propaganda cannons were constantly spilling talks on how noble and great the Soviet people are and are fighting for world freedom and i don't think many thought otherwise. Propaganda and nationalism are always more active during war, especially for the Russians who got straight out horrors from the Germans during the war.

"And by the way, this WEST, especially US and UK politicians were cowards then, they started second front in 1944, when it didn't matter at all anymore, Germany is also west, it basically tried to enslave you."

Never said it was otherwise, just mentioned they would have had massive allies in conquered Europe if they had had guts.

Edited by Kalevipoeg - 07-Jun-2006 at 17:57
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 21:37

Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

"Well, Estonia couldn't proclaim itelf independent if not SU, right, it would be conquered."

So what, we were independent, and that was all we were striving for the
entire time, the Inter regnum was well used. You conquered an
independent democratic western minded country and thats that.

"The thing I said about population is to assume that in those times
there were less nationalists than now. He wouldn't kill everybody, just
would do repressions, he liked them, he alsmot ruined the country with
that (USSR)."

Were they less nationalistic? I would imagine the propaganda cannons
were constantly spilling talks on how noble and great the Soviet people
are and are fighting for world freedom and i don't think many thought
otherwise. Propaganda and nationalism are always more active during
war, especially for the Russians who got straight out horrors from the
Germans during the war.

"And by the way, this WEST, especially US and UK politicians were
cowards then, they started second front in 1944, when it didn't matter
at all anymore, Germany is also west, it basically tried to enslave
you."

Never said it was otherwise, just mentioned they would have had massive allies in conquered Europe if they had had guts.

Giordano, didn't want to offend you, sorry if I did, if you mean me.

Kalevipoeg, how could you be independent under Nazi Germany?
Giordano View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Giordano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 05:00
Russian,ok,dude,last post replied for Cezar.
I don't think you offend me really Wink
And sorry Kalevipoeg,i really sorry to change the subject of your topic.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 11:33

Russian,ok,dude,last post replied for Cezar.I don't think you offend me really And sorry Kalevipoeg,i really sorry to change the subject of your topic.

oh, ok, now we are cool
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2006 at 13:00
"Giordano, didn't want to offend you, sorry if I did, if you mean me.
     "

He didn't actually ask me anything or speak to me, so no offense, you two have your separate discussion.

"Kalevipoeg, how could you be independent under Nazi Germany?"

20th september - Tallinn was free of both Germans (retreating across the Estonian border) and Soviets (coming from the east). The Estonian prime minister was declared Otto Tief to restore the legal order of the Estonian state whose soil was intruded by the SU and after that nazi Germany. Estonia had a democratic government and the SU invaded us, wiping freedom from our faces.

"And sorry Kalevipoeg,i really sorry to change the subject of your topic."

No problem, but actually i still haven't got an answer for my question so far. Ermm
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2006 at 07:15

"Giordano, didn't want to offend you, sorry if I did, if you mean me.

"

He didn't actually ask me anything or speak to me, so no offense, you two have your separate discussion.

"Kalevipoeg, how could you be independent under Nazi Germany?"

20th september - Tallinn was free of both Germans (retreating across
the Estonian border) and Soviets (coming from the east). The Estonian
prime minister was declared Otto Tief to restore the legal order of the
Estonian state whose soil was intruded by the SU and after that nazi
Germany. Estonia had a democratic government and the SU invaded us,
wiping freedom from our faces.

"And sorry Kalevipoeg,i really sorry to change the subject of your topic."

No problem, but actually i still haven't got an answer for my question so far.

Guess why german forces retreated? and that let you have free goverment.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 16:03
"Guess why german forces retreated? and that let you have free goverment."

Because the USSR waged war with Germany and destroyed it on a large scale. And... what is your point onward?
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 18:10
My point stands the same, Estonia would not be able to liberate itself if not the soviets.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 18:28
We had much the same chance of liberation with you then with the Germans. Thats what i mean, you two were our enemies, so it didn't matter which of you "liberated" us.

What if Japan had the chance to attack you from the east and drive the Germans back, would you hug the Japanese for freedom they were never going to give you? You were the invader just like the Germans, understand that.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 18:44

We had much the same chance of liberation with you then with the
Germans. Thats what i mean, you two were our enemies, so it didn't
matter which of you "liberated" us.

What if Japan had the chance to attack you from the east and drive the
Germans back, would you hug the Japanese for freedom they were never
going to give you? You were the invader just like the Germans,
understand that.

Oh, so thatt's how europe thinks of the army that literally liberated it, ok, nice attitude,

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 19:01
Your barbaric term for liberation is out of date since the medieval ages.
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 09:41

Your barbaric term for liberation is out of date since the medieval ages.

Ok, let's do it again, Germans were better? You couldn;t free yourselves from germans, and SU was better than germans, so, chose the lesser evil, in this case it was SU.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 13:04
Noone was better. Just because we hated both of you doesn't mean we had to love you coming from the east and the germans being here, although it was a breather when they came in 1941, saved alot of Estonian lives.

We hated both of you, so you weren't a relief, just other conquerors who put up the second fascist regime, wow thank you very much, barbarians.Censored
Russian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2006 at 00:29

Noone was better. Just because we hated both of you doesn't mean we had
to love you coming from the east and the germans being here, although
it was a breather when they came in 1941, saved alot of Estonian lives.

We hated both of you, so you weren't a relief, just other conquerors
who put up the second fascist regime, wow thank you very much,
barbarians.

ok, let's excuse you for this little brainwash that you were hearing from your new goverment, who basically serves USA, like a dog.

Anyway, let's do it the long way:

Here is an argument:

1) You can not free yourself.
2) You are under germans.
3) Soviets are treating you better than germans.
4) What do you chose, for soviets to come or for germans to stay?    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>