Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LATE QING DYNASTY, HELP?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mico5bei View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mico5bei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LATE QING DYNASTY, HELP?
    Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 04:32
I'm currently writing a number of essays for my degree on officials of the late qing dynasty, Especially those which had an impact on the Chinese-European dealings of that period. Could someone point me to a good database where i could get info on this? Besides the obvious wikipedia..
thanks alot
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 09:21
Your university/college must have access to ProQuest which is an amazing resources for academic journal articles. Google-Scholar could be useful too.

Even though most sites provided by Google & Yahoo are not academic ini nature, from them you can come up with a lot of key words and clues for further search using more academic tools. (And that's how one should use Wikipedia - as an initial source of information rather than an authoritative one.)

Hope that helps.

tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tadamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2006 at 09:34
You might be better asking in China History Forum (http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/index.php?), and also in the Asiatic section of your university library, who should have most of the relevant documents on CD (I assume you can reead simplified Chineese).  The Vatican has most of the original Western documents and your library should have access to their digital archives. 
rgds.

Tom..
mico5bei View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mico5bei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 07:53
Thanks alot for that, hopefully it will help!
 Post Reply Post Reply